“Great food”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Newman
Western Australia
“Great food”
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

The restaurant has a great pork belly main course. Cost $40. To have a chef located in Newman who can cook pork belly is a master stroke by the Seasons Hotel.

We went in family group booking at the restaurant. The staff were really accommodating and went out of their way to cater for the two and three year olds. The order for sausage and chips came quickly.

Haven't stayed at the hotel but really enjoyed the food, wine and service at the restaurant.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Expensive but average for the area. Bathrooms need renovating seriously. Restaurant nice. Comfy beds with nice pillows. Pool area great. Big rooms. Nice selection of drinks at bar. Very good service all round. Food very good but pricey but average for the area. Nice amenities in bathroom. Nice feeling about the hotel. Expect to pay for all the above in full.

• Stayed August 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Probably the worst value room I have ever stayed in, it was clean and the bed was comfortable, but compared the Balladonia road house and the stay in Liestner the night before both of which were less than half the room rate, don't even consider staying at Seasons. Also the meals are unbelievably expensive. It is a Rip Off.

Room Tip: Move on. There must be better elsewhere
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CB1703

Travellers are raving about these Newman hotels

Perth
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

It pleases me to see so many happy customers! I recall one evening several months back in the heat of the evening I arrived after work looking for a cool room.... not really coping well with what the air conditioner in my reserved room had to offer I called reception to ask if they could see if they could resolve the problem..... Not 1 but 4 rooms Richard tried for me with an end result that enabled me to sleep in cool comfort.... I stay here every second month and I am very happy with every thing..... Right from the girls in reception... Mercy and Ruby.... And yes that means you all.... To the restaurant team..... Can not fault them..... There is one gentleman in particular that greets you by name..... I sure he didn't see my name badge :) .... This stay I stumbled across a friend out of the blue..... We had dinner and drinks together ..... (A little longer than everyone else) and the staff just happily worked around us..... Cleaning staff are very very polite and being a mother I am more than happy coming back to a clean tidy room anddddddd a made bed!!
The only 2 things I believe that could improve your rooms...... And again this is me..... paint the blue built in's white..... Or just something that is near that .... Would brighten the room.... And maybe a power point nearer the desk

That's my spiel..... See you in a couple of months

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Susanne S
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Seasons Hotel is one of the only two hotels in Newman, the other is Mia Mia. When the weekly rent in very ordinary houses is over $2000 per week in Pilbara, $200-$300 a night in a hotel is understandable. But for those who are not familiar with Pilbara, don’t expect much from the price you paid from either of the two hotels.

Due to work commitment, I frequented Newman from mid 90s. Since the refurbishment, Seasons is far better than before. Comparing with its newer rival Mia Mia, Season hotel’s rooms are lot more spacious and its restaurant offers a-la-card menu, unlike Mia Mia’s buffet which reminds me of mass in a mining camp. Seasons’ food is quite good but doesn’t match its price tag.

One thing I’d like to stress here is that I find Seasons’ staff are very friendly and helpful.

General tip: If you don’t want to get up at very early in the morning, bring a pair of ear plugs as there are literally hundreds of parrots in the surrounding trees making incredible noises as soon as the sun rise!

Tip for ladies: Don’t forget to bring your own hairdryer.

1 Thank Petitewave
Baldivis, Australia
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I have stayed here a number of times and must say it is very consistent. Bearing in mind we are in the Pilbara, in the middle of the resources sector, it is a very clean hotel and provides a higher standard than many others around.
The restaurant is very clean and has a good standard. No hi-vis here.
Ruby is always friendly on reception and we met the manager on this trip who was welcoming and made himself available to us.

Room Tip: Of traveling in a group, try booking the family room. Makes the high Pilbara prices a bit more beara...
3 Thank Breht
Reviewed 24 June 2013

A big "thank you" to the team at the Seasons Hotel in Newman for looking after me and giving me a 'genuine home away from home'. For the last couple of months I have been travelling from the Seasons to Site and back and, now that I am at camp, I will miss the "warm welcomes" from the team.

Arriving back after an 11 hour day you are always looked out for by the staff - with a lovely "hello" and "how was your day". The rooms are cleaned daily, the service is fantastic and I can highly recommend EVERYTHING from the Grill!

Enjoy your stay, friendly smiles from the staff, gourmet food off the grill and a chat at the bar.

I'll be staying here again (not just for work).

Thanks again,