“Bread making demystified !”
Review of Hen Corner

Hen Corner
Ranked #2 of 18 things to do in Brentford
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Baking - Preserving - Artisan Food Making - Poultry & Bee Keeping - Traditional Skills Whether it's welcoming guests to our courses or working with schools, Hen Corner is bringing together the country and the city, helping you turn your urban corner green. *Please note: visits are by appointment only*
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children
Reviewed 12 April 2016

Sara was very friendly and warmly welcomed us to her kitchen and lovely garden.She made me,a bread making novice,feel at ease and went on to completely demystify the process as we kneaded .....and kneaded !I thoroughly enjoyed myself and feel confident to bake bread at home now.The proceeds of my labours were delicious and much appreciated by my family.

Date of experience: April 2016
"feel confident"
"seville orange"
"carrot cake"

Reviewed 6 April 2016

Went on this with my 16 year old daughter.. Sara made us feel very welcome and at home. My daughter really enjoyed the day - the first cookery course that she has been on.
Sara is a fount of knowledge, and it was pitched just right.
We made three different types of bread dough, and two different products from each type.
The cinnamon buns are to die for! Totally recommended

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed 29 March 2016

Myself and my 2 children (aged 4 and 6) attended the family Easter event at Hen Corner this weekend and I feel as if we have stumbled upon a gem.... We made chocolate lollipops, creme eggs, decorated egg cups and ate quite simply the most delicious homemade hot cross buns I have ever tasted (luckily there were extra to purchase and take away- several didn't even last the journey home!) Sara had organised a lovely Easter egg hunt in her garden and encouraged the kids to meet her 20 hens and give them a hug. My kids adored the whole experience and can't wait to go to another event there, neither can I. We were welcomed so warmly into Sara's home and sustainable vision. I'd highly recommend this local business and their delightful micro bakery- it's a little piece of country living in West London which we will definitely revisit.

1  Thank keir h
Reviewed 20 March 2016

Really thrilled to find Hen Corner! Delicious breads to order and the best eggs you can get without keeping your own chickens. Sara and friends are so welcoming its a real treat to go to this little piece of the good life. Highly recommend the honey and whey bread.