Review Highlights
Awesome day at Hen Corner which made me a Bread Angel!

I have previously done the sourdough course and basic bread course with Sara at Hen Corner.Her... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Anni T
Fantastic mince pies

I’ve just been on my weekly visit to hen corner. The gluten free mince pies are the best I have... read more

Reviewed 15 December 2018
constantdiner2013
London, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews bee keeping bread cheese making learning how eggs different types delicious lunch cakes sausage lovely home great teacher relaxed atmosphere preserves cinnamon buns feel confident seville orange carrot cake
Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

We had a really wonderful afternoon, it was both very informative and inspirational.
Thank you very much for your hospitality and very useful tips.
We hope to start our very own journey very soon.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

Spending the day at Hen Corner making bread in a very relaxed setting was brilliant. I had made my own bread before with varying degree of success. Going on this course not only showed me what to do better than any recipe could but also what parts of the process were important and why. I came out much more confident in my abilities and thoroughly enjoyed the day. That said the proof of the bread is in the eating so I brought leftovers to the office the following day: it was gone in no time and they were all asking for more.

Date of experience: February 2016
Reviewed 20 April 2016

What a wonderful day of learning for our Year 3 children! From trying on bees suits and balancing chickens on their heads to learning about the more serious issues of organic farming and the importance of recycling. So much to learn that the children simply didn't want to leave! The session was jam packed with learning and fun and I would highly recommend Hen Corner to any school particularly, those in urban settings. The session gave the children a taste of farm/small holding life and opened their eyes to exactly where our food comes from as well as learning what is possible to grow here in the UK.

Sara, thank you (and your chickens) for making the children feel so welcome in your garden. It was such an interesting and funfilled day. The children also say a big thank you for the delicious juice and cookies. We will definitely be back again. :)

1  Thank _k8chapman
Reviewed 15 April 2016

A great introduction to beekeeping, from theory to equipment to getting close to the bees. Sara created a really relaxed atmosphere which made it all easy. Lovely setting and delicious lunch too.

Reviewed 14 April 2016

Lovely warm day to learn the basics of beekeeping with Sara. A hands on experience with a wonderful teacher. Could not have asked for more information in a day of learning a new skill.