Review Highlights
Scandinavian Baking Workshop

This workshop was absolutely brilliant - packed with new skills and techniques and using a... read more

Reviewed 17 April 2024
S8619ILkareny
Don’t miss this!

Sara always makes our Hen Corner trips interesting and fun. Great for families as well as fab... read more

Reviewed 30 March 2024
Victoria K
Ealing

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews bee keeping bread eggs cheese making chicken cakes hot cross buns seville orange feel confident wonderful teacher chilli jam great introduction cooking skills lovely pizza own home life cycle sustainable living
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 June 2016

Spent a simply lovely afternoon with Sara at Hen Corner with my 2 children, 6 and 4, exploring 'family feathers and fun'. Sara is a wonderful host and we felt as though we had popped round to see a family friend for tea. She started the whole concept for Hen Corner from a sincere desire to feed her family ethically and sustainably - this was inspiring to hear about in a way which was not remotely preachy. We were welcomed with home-made biscuits and cakes in her cosy home and my sometimes-difficult-to-please children were then entranced by the offerings in the gorgeous, large corner plot garden. They collected eggs, held chickens, fed them and learned a lot about them. Son and I then donned bee-keeping suits and looked at the beehives. This was really fascinating for both of us! After this there were egg cups to paint, tissue flowers to make, certificates and stickers, some cupcakes to eat and locally produced honey to buy. We got a goody bag and a warm glow to take home with us. Recommend.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

Just spent a lovely and informative evening with Sarah learning how to look after chickens in my London garden. It was great to get some hands on experience of handling hens and the food and drink provided was very welcome too. I am looking forward to having the fresh eggs in the goody bag for breakfast tomorrow

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed 13 May 2016 via mobile

I very happy to recommend Hen Corner. I have been on two courses and come away with practical experience, recipe sheets and tips that have helped greatly. I have since made alot of the cinnamon rolls which are a big success, esp at work!! Thank you Sara for the warm welcome and your delicious baking and helping inspire me making bread, pasteries and sausages.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed 13 May 2016 via mobile

Very enjoyable couple of hours learning how to make sausages. Sara is passionate about living sustainably and also very practical. I like how she makes things simple and leaves space for individual creativity.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

We had a really wonderful afternoon, it was both very informative and inspirational.
Thank you very much for your hospitality and very useful tips.
We hope to start our very own journey very soon.

Date of experience: April 2016