3,168 results
All reviews cafe tropical chinese restaurant vivaldi restaurant adult pool reception manager welcome drink luxury hotel sea view second to none amazing hotel nothing is too much trouble great facilities main pool top class sushi kids club main restaurant
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 November 2014

Great atmosphere
Clean room with free of charge coffee and tea facilities and water
Luxury hotel with all the amenities
Excellent service from the reception staff till the waitresses

Complimentary juice when you arrive at the hotel...

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank AndriCh22
Reviewed 23 November 2014

great location, fantastic staff, beautiful rooms and good food. Although this visit was more business than pleasure the hotel succeeded in giving us a true leisure feeling. Staff is extremely well trained and pleasant. Hope to come back sometime !

Room tip: beach front is the nicest
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank werdlerswereld
Reviewed 21 November 2014

Was here on Nov 16-18 on a hectic business trip and had booked via booking.com. However, due to the visa requirements, I had to pre-pay the entire package well in advance (and is definitely high priced). The hotel also arranged for the letter for Visa as soon as I asked for it.

I was welcomed with a nice welcome drink and a friendly information package at the reception. A fruit basket welcomed me on day-1. The luggage was delivered efficiently in the room. My room was spacious, well furnished, was with city view had a nice little balcony and garden. The room and bathrooms were clean, had molten brown toiletries and also had a jacuzzi.

I had opted for the breakfast inclusive package, which is served in the beachside restaurant. The restaurant is lovely, and a lot of choices for food. However, as I am a strict vegetarian, I found limited choices, so had to stick to salad, fruits, a slice of bread and flakes/milk. The room service menu did indicate some dishes to be 'suitable for vegetarians' however, the ingredients / descriptions clearly showed 'ham' as part of it. So just avoided the food. On day-2, a new fruit basket and a pot of honey was waiting for me, but didnt have the time to enjoy these due to hectic meeting schedules. I asked for late checkout while I was away in meetings, the hotel staff happily extended the time.

I wish the room was better sound-proofed, as I could hear sound of running vehicles on the nearby highway at nights. The hotel is at the entrance of Limassol when coming from Larnaca about 45 mins from the airport.

Overall, the hotel facilities and staff are fantastic, and considered the best in Cyprus.

Room tip: Ask for beach side rooms. Not sure if they too have a Jacuzzi though.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank pparag1
Reviewed 20 November 2014

We're just back from a 7-night stay at the Four Seasons Limassol. The hotel is excellent and we had a really magnificient stay. The welcome was friendly and informative, with a welcome drink of fresh strawberry juice and hot towel. Our room was very comfortable and spacious, with lovely Molton Brown toiletries, a powerful shower and jauzzi bath. We had a room facing the road and one thing to note is that we did find it quite noisy - you certainly wouldn't want to sit out on the balcony for example - but this didn't bother us as the rest of the hotel was so luxurious. Breakfast outside by the Koi Pond every morning was a delight. Fresh orange juice, fruit, full-English, muffins, waffles, smoked salmon. Whatever you wanted, they had! We enjoyed using the excellent gym facilities as well as the indoor and outdoor pools. Every member of staff we encountered was friendly and helpful, and overall we can't recommend this hotel enough and definitely hope to return soon!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ellie84London
Reviewed 18 November 2014

Located: About 13 km away from Limassol Town Center.

Parking:
Infront of the hotel (car park) or in the garage. The car park infront of the hotel is not under video surveillance! So in the worst case of an accident or damage of the car you will not find it on a video.

BEACH.
There is a private beach which belongs to the hotel.

POOLS.
There are pools for adults and children.

SPA:
See details on the website of the hotel,

CHECK IN:
This was poor. The female receptionist has given me the registration form to fill in all questions. She has not given us a warm welcome. Instead of a drink we got offered a small hot towel to clean the face or hands.
Then we have received the hotel passport with keycards to the room 208. Of course nobody has told us where to find the lift and nobody has shown us the room. This is not like in a 5 Star luxury hotel. So help yourself.

RESTAURANTS:
Mavromats Greek Restaurant
Vivaldi Italian Cuisine
Seasons Oriental
Cafe Tropical is offering also the breakfast, lunch and dinner. A parrot in a cage is given concerts.
The breakfast was average. Bread sometimes (especiall rolls) was dry.Cold cuts and warm dishes are offered. Marmelad was presented in big ceramic pots. Small glasses with small portions would look better. The coffee has had a good taste.
What a pity that in that restaurant some day we have received warm white wine by the glass.

Redwine opposite was always served too cold. The temperature of expensive redwines was always between 10-12 ° C instead of necessary 18-20° C. After a complaint the waiter told us that the management has decided that because then the redwine could be more refreshing..But why shall I invest a lot of money for expensive wines and then it get served cool. How can this happen in good expensive restaurarants?

A good solution was to make a booking including half board. In November they have offered no buffet, Instead of this the guests could order a la card out of the menu.
In general the meals are well prepared and have a good taste and presentation. In some cases you need to pay a supplement for example for a lobster.
Of course sometimes we have ordered pasta (Spaghetti) which was not al dente. The amuse gueule has not changed during the days. One piece of it was Pate prepared like creme brulee. That means sugar was on top. I do not know if this is the best solution..
No daily specials were offered. That means the choice is small especially when you join the same restaurant every day. DOVER SOLE was frozen and ROMBO (TYPE OF FISH) was not available for some days.
THE WINE LIST has offered several wines from different countries, In general the wine bottles are expensive.
The greek and the italian restaurants are offering live music from a piano player.

BARS:
Here you can find a wide range of cocktails and drinks. All of the drinks are expensive. Entertainment will be done from a Duo ( a singer and piano keyboard player)

ROOMS:
The interior design looks conservative and for my taste it was not elegant or high class. In the bathroom of room 208 there was in a tower of glass only presented one glass to brush the teeth. So a couple needs to share one glass. The toilet paper half of the time was two layers. That means thin and rough. This is not comfortable at all. The same result is mentioned for the matress. it is one piece and it is soft or weak and if one person is moving the other person will wake up because it is so shaky!!!
The matress has not a good structure and is cheap! In the bathroom you will find good amenities from MOLTON BROWN and you will find muticoloured (white and yellow) cheap and ugly towels. They put it together with white towels. You also will find a whirl pool with showers. The AC is not working correct and so I made a complaint at the reception.
After a lightning the TV was not working anymore. The room has wonderful seaview and of course we have had our balcony with a small table and 2 armchairs.

What a pity that we have got troubles with our neighbours. They have started to make party on the balcony at 2:30 a.m. This ended at 4:30 a.m .The next day it was identically the same. At 2:20 a.m I have called the reception and they have send security staff to those 3 people, 2 men and an Asian lady with high heels were shouting talking and loughing on the balcony. Of course they were drunk. At 3:30 a.m. again I have called the reception to finish this party on the balcony. All loud noises were coming into our rooms despite the window was closed. So in general the isolation of the rooms is poor. Even after the second visit of the security the party went on and ended at 6:00 a.m. !!! THE SECURITY STAFF WAS UNABLE TO END THE PARTY. Next morning out TV has shown a message to contact the reception and for the last day we got offered an upgrade to a suite room 301. This room was more spacy and we have found silence. The AC was also not working correct and the clock in the bedroom spend very bright light. So it was difficult to fall asleep at this side of the bed.

CLEANLINESS OF ROOMS:

In room 208 the mirror in the bathroom was dirty. Half of our time the toilet paper has had two layers and it was rough with low quality. The carpet did not got hoovered. The tiles in the bathroom were not cleaned and the wash basin was left with hairs inside.

MEN'S TOILET IN THE GROUND FLOOR:

After 2 days I have informed my grumpy female blond lady from Russia behind the reception that the seat of the left toilet is shaky and needs to get fixed. Of course it was unable to do it within 48 hrs. Then I went to toilet again and met a cleaning lady who just came out of that room. I have taken her hands and have shown her the shaky seat. She has understood and I thought that she would care about repairing. 24 hours late nothing got repaired. Then I saw another cleaning lady coming directly out of that room. She has folded the toilet paper and has not removed the spots of URIN on the seat. Again I have informed the reception.

CONCIERGE:

Very often none of the staff was seen. On one evening we have found a lay behind this desk and have asked her about the half board rules in the restaurant. She was uninformed and said that we should go to the reception to get informed. That was a perfect guest service and she was not interested to help us although she has had a phone on her desk.

GUESTS STRUCTURE:
You can find younger and oleder people. Most of the guest are coming from Russia or Eastern countries. There is also a big number of Arabian and of British people.

TV CHANNELS:
4 German speaking channels.
About 10 russian channels.
About 10 Arabian channels

BARS; 4 points
ENTERTAINMENT:3-4 points
SERVICE IN THE RESTAURANTS: 4 points
CLEANLINESS: 3 points

And a P.S.: ESPECIALLY DURING THE FIRST DAYS THERE WAS AN AWFUL SMELL IN THE HOTEL IN THE LOBBY, FLOORS AND LIFTS. I DO NOT KNOW THE REASON. it was not in the rooms and in the bars and restaurants.

Room tip: Room 301 is a good solution. All rooms with Seaview will be the best.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends