Islanda Hideaway Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Alis Hotelandspa(Ko Phi Phi Don)
View Hotel
Hop Inn Krabi(Krabi Town)
View Hotel
All reviewskoh klangtuk tuklong tail boatinfinity poolon stiltsseparate bedroomlow tideboat rideexplore krabiisland hopping tourandaman seaclamsdvd playeroutdoor showerwestern foodnearby islandsnight life
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Wonderful location, great facilities, lovely staff - this was the best choice ever.
The rooms were very very clean and beautifully designed. Pool, chairs, ottomans - it was oerall wonderfully equipped. The food was excellent - fresh and delicious. Great choice of drinks and a nice bartender always open for new ideas for cocktails (seems he was trained in London??). The management was discreet, yet always present if you wished for something.
It was so compfortable, so nice - just go there, you will never ever regret it. I hope to be back there soon!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Great hotel with spacious rooms, all clean and with prime location front beach and pool. Super staff, smily and they serve good and cheap food both continental and local foods. A different side of Thailand will greet you as you enter the island but in no way less worth the visit. We loved it.

Note to self: bring mosquito oil.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 16 July 2013

The Islanda was one of my stops during a 23 day travel throughout Thailand. Having been in 8 different spots, I have to say that Koh Klang and the Islanda are completely different to spots like Pattaya, Phuket, Ao Nang, Hua Hin. This place has an atmosphere that is not comparable to the unmoral parts of Thailand.

First of all I want to describe the Island of the Islanda. Koh Klang is a place I was not expecting to find in Thailand. Although it was my third trip to Thailand, I was not expecting to land on a Muslim Thai Island. It is very interesting to see the the Thai culture melting with the muslim belief. On my first way to the Islanda my tuck-tuck had a flat tire, so we had to go to a villager to get the tire repaired. All 5 persons hanging around at this place were sooo friendly, invited me for a coffe and asked many questions in a good english. We had a very nice conversation and laughed a lot. In the following days I had several of those nice chats with the villagers - very nice people.

Well after having the tire repaired, we moved on with the tuck-tuck, passing water buffalos, goats and paddy fields. Very nice short trip. Concerning that point I can recommend the Island Rallye with the bike, organized by the Islanda. It's fun. Also, if you are up to find some special local attractions, besides the classical tourist trips, ask Donald for a recommendation. This guy really knows a lot about the region.

Ok, so finally I arrived at the Islanda and could enter my bungalow. The sea side spots are really amazing! Especially the bathtub on the balcony is a hit. After taking a walk aroung the area I was positively surprised. The Resort seems to fit completely into the surrounding and the rest of the Island. I don't highlight Eco Tourism in my travel plans, but if I would, the Islanda would fullfill my expectations of a sustainable resort, embedded into the surrounding area and culture. There arer several details within the rooms that highlights this emotion even more. So, concerning the rooms there is no way to critisize from my point of view: King size bed, Flat screen TV, DVD player, fan or ac, open air shower,... !

Unfortunately my four days visit were accompanied by heavy rains. The planned Island trips were cancelled very soon and a good Plan C was missing, so I started to relax. After having watched some of the plenty choice of DVD's I have decided to explore the Islanda bar. It was a good decision.

The barman "Mr. Big" absolutely knows what he does. Also a good guy to have a chat with. He is already since many years in the tourism business and has experienced a lot, not only in Thailand.

Everything else, the food, the room service, the cleaning, the friendlyness of the staff is in my opinion absolutely high class.

I hope I could explain my short stay in Koh Klang. After having been to the new Thailand it was so nice to get back to the real Thailand without any Farang-influence.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Tomasz M
islandakrabi, Manager at Islanda Hideaway Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

hello Mr Tomsaz

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review about our resort . we are delighted you had a great stay . you really enjoyed mixing with the local culture and getting involved and thats what the travelling experience is all about.
We look forward to having you back soon some day .
happy travels

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We stayed at Islanda for a week, a last minute change of plans to escape from Bangkok.
We found the whole experience amazing, getting the long boat over to Koh Klang island and a tuk tuk to the hotel was easy, the hotel can arrange this too. The island is unspoilt, the journey to the hotel takes you through the mangroves and little villages of the local fishermen which added to the experience.
We had sea front bungalow which was very private. Big bedroom , excellent air con, good sized pantry with table and fridge, open air toilet and shower - invigorating! Could lay in bed and see the sea, hearing the waves lapping not far from our room. Unbeatable!
The staff are friendly and so helpful, enjoyed the food- freshly caught prawns from the ocean in front of the hotel- so good!-can watch the fishermen working too. Infinity pool with a fantastic view which was always very quiet during our stay.
This is not your typical tourist holiday resort, it is a get away from it all, relaxing experience. We would definately recommend it and hope to go back in the future.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SandraD907

thank you sandra for your wonderful review.

we are glad you had a relaxing stay at our resort .. The nature and location of the resort is very special and i believe there are not many like it in Thailand. With the sea on our doorstep we only use the freshest seafood always caught and cooked the same day . I will pass on your remarks to our staff.. Next time you want that escape from the big city , you know where to find us ..
happy and safe travels

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Escaping the madness of Phuket we took a few days off to visit the Islanda in Kho Klang near Krabi. This is not a place if you are looking for a beach place, here is all about relax, learning about the local community and enjoy the peace of the place.
We like the fact that this place is a bit isolated, we took the tour to the Muslim village, our children loved it, visit the batik factory, the fish farm, and the model boats, all very laid back.
I only wish we had stayed longer, great place if you want to relax and enjoy some peaceful days. The food at the restaurant was good, and staff friendly.
It is not the typical resort that is why we loved it, there is so much copy cat boring places around that it was refreshing to find this place!

Room Tip: We had ocean view and it was great our room had an area with table which was very useful for the kids
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gonzalo L
islandakrabi, Manager at Islanda Hideaway Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Thank you Mr Gonzalo for taking the time to write a review about islanda Eco Village .

At our resort we try to stay true to the nature and feeling of koh klang , which is all about peacefullness, relaxation and nature. As you mentioned the resort is different from others around south Thailand and offers something new to locals and expats who are tired with the same old beach restaurant bar themed hotels.
next time we hope you and your family can stay longer
look forward to seeing you soon.