Islanda Hideaway Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Alis Hotelandspa(Ko Phi Phi Don)
View Hotel
Hop Inn Krabi(Krabi Town)
View Hotel
All reviewskoh klangtuk tuklong tail boatinfinity poolon stiltsseparate bedroomlow tideboat rideexplore krabiisland hopping tourandaman seaclamsdvd playeroutdoor showerwestern foodnearby islandsnight life
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Wha greeted me wasnt the beautiful clear waters i saw in photos of Krabi. Upon arrival at Krabi airport, we took a van to the pier, where long tail boats brought us across the muddy river to the other side, and we took a 10-15minutes tuk tuk ride along the dusty paths. Along the way, we saw stretches of mangrove swamps, and houses built of wood. It was a more undeveloped part of Kbi, if your idea of a beach holiday is waking up to beautiful beaches and comfort, this is an unlikely place. There were few occupants when we arrived at Islanda, and the nearest amenities and restaurants outside of the resort were far away. There are day tours and free dvds for rental, otherwise nothing much to do there. At night, the flies would get into the airconditioned room through the gap under the doors, and buzz around us. Going to toilet at night was quite scary as we had to walk out of the room to the bathroom which was quite exposed to the open. Room service was responsive, food was ok, but upon reaching home both my friend and i developed rashes on arms, legs and neck which the doctor diagnosed as allergy to some ingredients in food.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank traveller s
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Me and my husband stayed here on 29-31 March 2014. Trip to the island takes only 5-10 minutes from Krabi town. We can then take a Thaisidecar from the port to the resort in about 8-10 km. When we arrived at the resort. We were impressed with the atmosphere and the warm hospitality of its employees.This does not look like the sea beach like Phi Phi Island. and unable to swim. We both had planned to not swim , We want a peaceful and simple life and relex.We stayed in a Ocean front beach room type . We very love a little water jar in the shower room, open air, it makes me think of my childhood and life of the villagers. We have a private balcony with sea views and a separate dressing room.First meal, we ordered a set meal traditionally Southern. Which is cost effective and delicious everything. The second day we ordered steak and pizza. I will say that the pizza here is delicious climax. Activities that we do every day, morning and evening is the bicycle from the resort to the other side of the island. Study of folk life and find fresh seafood.After cycling is complete, we will soak in jacuzzi in the hotel's stunning swimming pool every day. Daytime Weather on the island can be quite hot, so we spent the majority relaxing in exclusive resorts.What impressed me at this resort. The resort will focus on "Reuse Reduce Recycle "the water we bath resort will pipe down to the small pond. I kept watering And circulated to the ecosystem . Another side of Resort there will be a hydroponic vegetable garden, vegetable plots and non-toxic. The important thing that made my husband and I fell in love with the island and the resort are the warm feelings Friendship is because the people in the community to deliver all the traveling is Smile and greeting, which can not find in the big city. I and my family likely would stay here again for sure. See you soon

Room Tip: Ocean front beach
1  Thank Sirinee C
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I'll start with the positives! Beautiful facilities, amazing pool with stunning views and the staff were so friendly, polite and accommodating. The setting was really immense and I loved reading my book by the pool for hours on end. It's the perfect place to turn off and relax. There was one other couple there during our stay - I liked this but maybe not for everyone.

Unfortunately there are a few negatives... The restaurant / bar prices are extortionate and being such a remote location you have ZERO alternatives to choose from. I appreciate that these were still Thailand prices but hey - its all relative and the principal of it got under my skin... and I'm a banker! The manager guy Mr. Big (self christened?!) is a tad ego-centric and thinks highly of himself - his staff have far better english so he should leave the guest interaction to them. The island is a muslim community and while we were fully aware of this when we booked, I didn't expect to be so confronted by it. The local community seems extremely poor and having to travel through it to get to the only resort on the island constantly weighed on my conscience. I do however appreciate that the resort helps the community etc. The location itself is one last issue that needs mentioning. After arriving into Krabi Airport we had to make our way to a pier - this involved a bus and a mini-van. Then you cross a river to the island - 100 baht (locals pay 20! - again it's the principal!)... after that you take a tuk-tuk to the resort which is another 300 baht and 7kms of uncomfortable travel.

I don't mean to be overly harsh in saying the above, but for me, the quality, beauty and serenity of the resort don't out-weigh the restaurant prices and remotness of the location. I cannot praise the staff enough though - so friendly and helpful.

The last thing I need to say - directed to the community rather than the resort (this is to Thailand in general), start paying more respect to the environment. I realise the size of my own carbon footprint in taking planes and tuk-tuks etc but in order for your tourism to be sustainable you need to pick up litter and stop burning fires. Dirty streets and smoke from fires everywhere is the lasting impression I take from my time in Thailand.

2  Thank DaraghC
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Everything you read on this page is true. All the reviews are true. Thats what makes it difficult to give a description of this place. It is wonderful, beautiful, expensive, isolated, calm and has a fantastic pool (of you are lucky that there aren't to many guests about to enjoy it. we were lucky almost everytime we had the pool all to ourselves.)

I think it is a great place when you come for relaxing and winding down. And if you dont stay too long. About 3 nights is perfect.

And yes the restaurant is expensive, about 2to4x as much as you pay somewhere else in touristic places in Thailand.

The staff was friendly but in out opinion does not cope well when confronted with 'complaints'. Otherwise they are very helpful. We eat vegetarian and they would always be willing to adjust or recommend a dish. You have to ask though. When you do, a lot s possible.

Most of the staf (if not all) dont speak very good english, which is a pity, and sometimes difficult.

All in all we liked it a lot, but i dont think we will go back...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We spent amazing time at Islanda, although we must warn you – I you are looking for a place that's close to anything at all, that's not the hotel for you. If you want quiet, a different view than other places in Krabi, great swimming pool and a very pleasant atmosphere at all time – Islanda is the place for you. Here's a few points about the hotel:

1. When we got to the not-very-fancy room, we found that the bathroom was outside. It turned out to be the best thing in the room. The air in Krabi is so good, never too cold, never too hot, and even a simple shower turned out to be a real soothing experience.

2. The location is bad – it’s about 40 minutes far from Krabi town, and to get there you need to take a TUK TUK, and than a long tail boat. Overall, it will cost you about 500 baht. The village that Islanda is located in is amazing, very pastoral and deserted, and for us it was perfect. Take in consideration that the food in the hotel costs much more than the average thai places (although in western standards it's still very cheap). The hotel arranges all kinds of day-trips to places, but that's also a bit more expensive. So the problem is not really the location, but the fact that everything else turns out to be more expensive.

3. The swimming pool is amazing, the island itself that the hotel is on (Koh Klang) is beautiful and even the 40 minutes ride to the city is something you enjoy doing. So in that matter, the location is not a problem. Everything was tasty and beautiful, and we didn't feel like we're stuck on some island with nothing to do.

4. What is there to do? On one day, we took a long tail boat trip around the island, so the mangroves that grow in the water, and ate in a very special fish farm in a village. The other day we climbed up the tiger cave temple and to get over the muscle ache after climbing 1237 stairs, we got a massage in the hotel. This also costs a lot, compared to other places, but it was more spa-like, and it was just us in the room.

Room Tip: We stayed at room 25, no complaints!
1  Thank Mayanr