Islanda Hideaway Resort
Tharapark View Hotel(Sai Thai)(Great Value!)
US$23
US$22
US$37
US$27
Agoda.com
Krabi Front Bay Resort(Krabi Town)(Great Value!)
US$44
US$38
Agoda.com
Hop Inn Krabi(Krabi Town)(Great Value!)
US$19
@Krabi Pura(Pak Nam)
All reviewskoh klangtuk tuklong tail boatinfinity poolon stiltsseparate bedroomlow tideboat rideexplore krabiisland hopping tourandaman seaclamsdvd playeroutdoor showerwestern foodnearby islandsnight life
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We were a family of 5 visiting the resort for a 3 day holiday (including a 8 year old child). We selected the resort largely based on the reviews on this forum. Sadly our experience was not in line with the average sentiment expressed here.
Positives:
- Very peaceful
- Rooms are spacious and comfortable
- Staff is quite courteous
- Pool is nice
Negatives
- The staff is too laid back. The coffee came 25 min after ordering on breakfast table. The shuttle came 40 min late despite telling them previous night.
- There is no semblance of a beach anywhere close to the resort
- The sea water is too dirty to even walk
- It takes 45 min of travel and 45 min of waiting to get to any sort of civilization
- Almost no recreational activities on the resort

Overall: It is nice is you want to take a long peaceful break but not so good for a 'fun' holiday

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Patiharn, General Manager at Islanda Hideaway Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Khun CMDelhi,
Thank you so much for your review on Tripadvisor. That's a very fair review in my point of view.
Last December, we were ranked 4 in Krabi town on Tripadvisor. we were very surprised about that, seeing us along with others 5 stars hotel on the top page and I have to admit that we were very overrated at that moment. Islanda is quite different from others and we are more suitable for travelers who value tranquility, Thai hospitality and wealth of nature, we have no white sandy beach nor luxurious services/ facilities to offer. If this is your first time in Krabi and still want to look around meeting with people and enjoy the night life, Islanda is definitely not the place for you. But if you don't mind being a bit isolated from others, lying at the pool overlooking the beautiful islands and Andaman, sipping our signature cocktail, and enjoying your peaceful sleep and value of money then we are sure that you will have a good time here. Finally, all guest need not to book for a long stay. It is cheaper but also comes with risk of some uncertainty, you might not like us or something might happen during or before your stay and it's very complicated for us to refund any booking with non-refundable clause. My advice is to book for few nights and if you enjoy it then you can extend later since Islanda is not very busy off-season.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Wha greeted me wasnt the beautiful clear waters i saw in photos of Krabi. Upon arrival at Krabi airport, we took a van to the pier, where long tail boats brought us across the muddy river to the other side, and we took a 10-15minutes tuk tuk ride along the dusty paths. Along the way, we saw stretches of mangrove swamps, and houses built of wood. It was a more undeveloped part of Kbi, if your idea of a beach holiday is waking up to beautiful beaches and comfort, this is an unlikely place. There were few occupants when we arrived at Islanda, and the nearest amenities and restaurants outside of the resort were far away. There are day tours and free dvds for rental, otherwise nothing much to do there. At night, the flies would get into the airconditioned room through the gap under the doors, and buzz around us. Going to toilet at night was quite scary as we had to walk out of the room to the bathroom which was quite exposed to the open. Room service was responsive, food was ok, but upon reaching home both my friend and i developed rashes on arms, legs and neck which the doctor diagnosed as allergy to some ingredients in food.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank traveller s
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Me and my husband stayed here on 29-31 March 2014. Trip to the island takes only 5-10 minutes from Krabi town. We can then take a Thaisidecar from the port to the resort in about 8-10 km. When we arrived at the resort. We were impressed with the atmosphere and the warm hospitality of its employees.This does not look like the sea beach like Phi Phi Island. and unable to swim. We both had planned to not swim , We want a peaceful and simple life and relex.We stayed in a Ocean front beach room type . We very love a little water jar in the shower room, open air, it makes me think of my childhood and life of the villagers. We have a private balcony with sea views and a separate dressing room.First meal, we ordered a set meal traditionally Southern. Which is cost effective and delicious everything. The second day we ordered steak and pizza. I will say that the pizza here is delicious climax. Activities that we do every day, morning and evening is the bicycle from the resort to the other side of the island. Study of folk life and find fresh seafood.After cycling is complete, we will soak in jacuzzi in the hotel's stunning swimming pool every day. Daytime Weather on the island can be quite hot, so we spent the majority relaxing in exclusive resorts.What impressed me at this resort. The resort will focus on "Reuse Reduce Recycle "the water we bath resort will pipe down to the small pond. I kept watering And circulated to the ecosystem . Another side of Resort there will be a hydroponic vegetable garden, vegetable plots and non-toxic. The important thing that made my husband and I fell in love with the island and the resort are the warm feelings Friendship is because the people in the community to deliver all the traveling is Smile and greeting, which can not find in the big city. I and my family likely would stay here again for sure. See you soon

Room Tip: Ocean front beach
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sirinee C
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I'll start with the positives! Beautiful facilities, amazing pool with stunning views and the staff were so friendly, polite and accommodating. The setting was really immense and I loved reading my book by the pool for hours on end. It's the perfect place to turn off and relax. There was one other couple there during our stay - I liked this but maybe not for everyone.

Unfortunately there are a few negatives... The restaurant / bar prices are extortionate and being such a remote location you have ZERO alternatives to choose from. I appreciate that these were still Thailand prices but hey - its all relative and the principal of it got under my skin... and I'm a banker! The manager guy Mr. Big (self christened?!) is a tad ego-centric and thinks highly of himself - his staff have far better english so he should leave the guest interaction to them. The island is a muslim community and while we were fully aware of this when we booked, I didn't expect to be so confronted by it. The local community seems extremely poor and having to travel through it to get to the only resort on the island constantly weighed on my conscience. I do however appreciate that the resort helps the community etc. The location itself is one last issue that needs mentioning. After arriving into Krabi Airport we had to make our way to a pier - this involved a bus and a mini-van. Then you cross a river to the island - 100 baht (locals pay 20! - again it's the principal!)... after that you take a tuk-tuk to the resort which is another 300 baht and 7kms of uncomfortable travel.

I don't mean to be overly harsh in saying the above, but for me, the quality, beauty and serenity of the resort don't out-weigh the restaurant prices and remotness of the location. I cannot praise the staff enough though - so friendly and helpful.

The last thing I need to say - directed to the community rather than the resort (this is to Thailand in general), start paying more respect to the environment. I realise the size of my own carbon footprint in taking planes and tuk-tuks etc but in order for your tourism to be sustainable you need to pick up litter and stop burning fires. Dirty streets and smoke from fires everywhere is the lasting impression I take from my time in Thailand.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DaraghC
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Everything you read on this page is true. All the reviews are true. Thats what makes it difficult to give a description of this place. It is wonderful, beautiful, expensive, isolated, calm and has a fantastic pool (of you are lucky that there aren't to many guests about to enjoy it. we were lucky almost everytime we had the pool all to ourselves.)

I think it is a great place when you come for relaxing and winding down. And if you dont stay too long. About 3 nights is perfect.

And yes the restaurant is expensive, about 2to4x as much as you pay somewhere else in touristic places in Thailand.

The staff was friendly but in out opinion does not cope well when confronted with 'complaints'. Otherwise they are very helpful. We eat vegetarian and they would always be willing to adjust or recommend a dish. You have to ask though. When you do, a lot s possible.

Most of the staf (if not all) dont speak very good english, which is a pity, and sometimes difficult.

All in all we liked it a lot, but i dont think we will go back...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple