I agree with the favourable reviews of this hotel published earlier and will only add a few remarks:
- The staff generally speaks little or no English, but one of them (the manager?) does speak English and is always at hand should assistance be required.
- The location is excellent: at the fringe of the most scenic part of town, with major markets within easy walking distance. There are many more hotels in this area, by the way, some of them not mentioned in guidebooks or on Tripadvisor. Should this hotel be full, there are plenty of alternatives.
- Wifi actually works here, contrary to some Yangon hotels we've stayed in. But be advised that the connection seems to be provided by a Chinese ISP. Many sites that are blocked in China (currently including social media, blog sites and Google services) are not available here, either.
- The hotel changes US dollars, currently (November 2012) at 800 kyat for a dollar, same as most hotels in the Northeast. Banks generally do not change money, except CB Bank.
- Room rates in November 2012: US$45, 55, 75 and 85.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Golden Hill Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.