Stayed for a week after researching it on here extensively.
The coach transfer didn't seem very long at all but perhaps thats because we went late in the year. Almost their last week actually which was good in that it was quiet but it meant that some of the restaurants that I had looked forward to going to from reviews on here were closed. We did manage to go the "Dimitri's" last night of being open before closing. Have a very nice meal there with the guitar and accordian playing. The White House was open and we had a meal there too. Food at the Asonitis was fair too and we ate down in Cocktails and Dreams a couple of times.
There are only two little supermarkets in the village and again as end of season the stock was very low. I did manage to cook a couple of times by making pasta dishes considering this and the fact that the rooms have one hotplate and not many cooking utensils. A wooden spoon I would think was a basic item that was not provided in our studio. We felt things in the shop were expensive too except for the wine at about 5 euros for about 2 litres and was actually as someone else has said very palatable.
We walked out of the entrance and turned left walking over the headland on a coastal path to the Kerisa Tavern for lunch. This was right on the beach as are many Tavernas in the coves with little jettys out for you to tie your boat up... we were thinking about hiring a boat all week and it is my regret that we didn't as the weather was perfect for it, not much wind, calm water and warm sun all week. It was about 90 euros and we had never done it before so we were a bit nervous even though apparenty about 90% of people have never used a boat before and even some owners of one in a little harbour said we would be fine if we did.
We loved the top pool but the bar up there was closed. This was a bit dissapointing but we got over it as our room was high up and therefore nearby so we took our own lunch and drinks out every day. Most of the time we were the only couple up there, bit like our private pool! There are signs saying you can't do this but as the bar was closed we couldn't get lunch up there so they can't complain really. Was cheaper for us! especially with the supermarket wine.
We caught the local bus to Corfu Town and it was only about 3 euros. Lovely day and we would go again. The old town part is lots of narrow streets, beautiful old buildings, washing across from building to building, quaint shops. Very like Italy. Tons cheaper that any of the Thomson trips there, I think they were about 23 euros? We would have gone on the Paleokastritsa Thomson tour as we were not confident in hiring a car, but that couldn't go ahead because there were not enough people.
We didn't visit Agni to sample the restaurants etc there in the evening via the water taxi as again this service had stopped.
All in all we had a really lovely week. We would go again. I would like one of the refurbished rooms next time. Not sure we would go so late. Kalami shuts up too early in my opinion. The weather was still beautiful but the flights stop apparently. They could extend their season most definately. We went on 18th October.
Tips. Take beach shoes for the stones and very strong mossie repellent....... and maybe a wooden spoon!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built on the gentle slopes of Kalami Bay, between centuries old olive groves, San Antonio Corfu Resort impresses with its' magnificent views over the sea and the small fishing village. Right across the bay, lays Gerald Durrell's white house by the sea and at the foothills of the resort a stone pebbled beach with crystal clear water suggests plenty of quality time under the sun. The typically Mediterranean architecture and the amphitheatrically set room blocks ensure a small village-style setting with nothing to obstruct the ever-present views. The spacious rooms have large balconies, unpretentious design and every facility needed for a carefree summer holiday by the sea. Right at the middle level of the resort, lays one of the most stunning swimming pools on the island, hanging over the majestic bay. An ideal hotspot not only for swimming and sunbathing during the day but for sipping a cool cocktail from the cozy bar during the evening under the clear moonlight. The San Antonio Resort's restaurant offers its culinary treats next to a second swimming pool at the foot of the olive grove, next to the bay. A warm "kalimera" from our passionate local staff welcomes you to the extensive breakfast buffet served daily full of fresh produce from the Corfiot land and everything needed for one to start a great day on the island. The menus for lunch and dinner include healthy Mediterranean delicacies and superb Corfiot specialties with a twist of creativity by our chefs. The new Beach Bar-Restaurant is the ideal choice for bathers, as it offers the most refreshing drinks, various tasty snacks and light meals right on the beach. As the sun goes down, music enlivens the senses with live events organized by the hotel for its discerning guests. For those more active, the hotel beach offers water sports possibilities like water-skiing, paragliding, fun rings, banana rides, canoeing and sea cycling, but if you just want to find your own personal corner on a secluded beach or simply spend the day at the sea there is nothing like hiring a motor boat for yourself from the bay and make your own exploration. Our fully informed reception or service personnel will be glad to assist with ideas, options plus their valuable local information and suggestions. A short ride away lays the bustling little town of Kassiopi, a vibrant cosmopolitan hotspot for shopping, traditional restaurants and a healthy nightlife for all ages. San Antonio Corfu resort is perfectly located to take advantage of what the whole island of Corfu has to offer. Distance from Corfu town, the port and Corfu's international airport is just 32 km (transfer time approx. 45 minutes). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your San Antonio Corfu Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adonis Asonitis Apartments Kalami
- Adonis Asonitis Apartments Hotel Kalami
- San Antonio Corfu Resort Kalami