“Wonderful Week at the Eva Palace”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kommeno Bay
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Just returned from a superb week at the Eva Palace. Our room was a sea view on the fourth floor which was spectacular. The staff, especially Stavros and Mary, were so friendly and were a pleasure to meet. I can't understand the previous complaints about food and drink prices, I thought they were extremely reasonable for a luxurious 5 star hotel. If you want cheap then go to a one euro a pint resort such as Kavos and the like. I will never understand why people pay a lot of money to go on holiday and then walk around with a bottle of water and two glasses to last them all day and night. We had an amazing time and hope to return very soon. A big thank you to the Eva Palace!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank PAStaffs
There are newer reviews for Grecotel Eva Palace

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The view from the room was simply stunning. You could see the city of Corfu from a distance and also the magnificent view to the sea which lies just in front of you.

The hotel lists itself a couple's hotel which means that you get all sorts of amenities for couples even though you can feel a bit awkward when you notice that the bath is see through (it has glass wall ) where you could see the bedroom, the balcony and eventually the sea!Amazing ...

The staff was excellent. We got treated with fresh lemonade juice and then were offered strawberries in the room upon arrival.

Due to the special occasion (Easter in Corfu is something special, and probably the best time to visit it ) for the Holy Saturday we were offered a clay jar to break (they break clay jars in Corfu at 11o clock in the morning on Holy Saturdays) and a set of decorated white Candles, a special brioche and two Easter eggs for the ceremony.

we booked the hotel through an online agent (klinns.com) so I am not sure whether these treats were part of the regular price but I definitely recommend it as a hotel.

The only worth mentioning downfall is that it can get a bit noisy at night since the room doors are not sufficiently sound proof and you could hear people walking on the corridors. In any case... a great experience!

As a tip: I would avoid going to the pool restaurant as the dishes are overpriced (although tasty) and ridiculously small

Room Tip: Opt for the sea view!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank ThanasisNa
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Simple... This hotel and staff are amazing. We came here last May (2013) and loved every minute of it. So much so we are returning on May the 19!

Looking forward to seeing if anything has changed for this season or not.

See you soon Eva Palace!

Alex

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Aj1123
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed here in May '13 with my husband on our honeymoon. On arrival we were greeted with homemade drinks which were extremely refreshing. Unfortunately there was no upgrade available for us, as the hotel was full but the room we had was excellent, with a lovely sea view.

Throughout our stay we were treat well and we returned to our suite one day to be greeted by fresh rose petals all over the room with champagne and local honey. This was a wonderful touch.

I have actually looked at returning for our first wedding anniversary as we had such a lovely time.

The only thing I would suggest is to go all inclusive, as other reviewers have also suggested, as it can be a touch expensive but the AI is worth it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank CBELCH_29
Nikos P, General Manager at Grecotel Eva Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

My name is Nikolaos Pagonis and as the new General Manager at the Eva Palace, I wanted briefly to just thank you all for writing all this good stuff about our hotel! It is an honor for me to work here and even though the shoes that I am required to fill in are very big since the job that Mr Mavralexakis and his team has been great all these past years, I am excited and very optimistic for the outcome.

Your words of praise are extremely rewarding for us all! It is such a pleasure to know
that our efforts are appreciated and comments like yours are a great motivator for my team
and of course for me personally!

I thank you sincerely once again, on behalf of the Eva Palace team and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future and meet you all in person.

Until then we wish you health and happiness.

Sincerely

Nikolaos Pagonis

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Eva Palace
Good quality hotel, nicely appointed in a lovely setting but an isolated position.
Can not walk out easily in the evenings, so very reliant on hotel offerings for food, drink and entertainment.
Hotel and bar staff work very hard to provide an excellent service.
If traveling with Thomson's I do recommend taking the "All inclusive" package offered by Thomson as in line with rest of the Greek economy the price the tourist pays for drinks and food is stupidly expensive.

Food at the hotel rather mediocre - very little change in menu content and after a couple of days the food on offer then became boring.
Food presented on keep warm servers was only just acceptably warm and as this was a self service buffet it was difficult to find warm plates, this only adding to the discomfort of barley warm food.

Certain rooms in the hotel should not be offered to guest. We were given room 228 on arrival late at night. Although it contractually it meet the requirements of the booking, in my opinion it does not meet the standards that Eva palace should present to its customers. The room positioned next to noisy staircase. It's balcony area was minute. The room was smaller in size than most other rooms in the hotel and has a dark and dingy ambience about it. The front desk was informed before we unpacked but it took two further days before a suitable alternative room could be found.

Both the rooms we occupied during our stay had fridge, safe and music centre.

Would I book again? Possibly not.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Robert C

I must thank you for your kind words and genuine feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel! Your positive input is very rewarding for our team and that gives us strength to try even harder in the future!

The few negative points you mention are also very important to us, as they enable us to identify the aspects of our services and facilities that we could potentially develop and improve. Allow me please, to address them briefly.

Regarding the comment of the food becoming boring, I would like to inform you that we have a 14 days rotation in our menu in order to provide our guests a massive choice of different foods and flavors. As far as the temperature of the food at the buffet is concerned, please be informed that this is meticulously monitored by our staff. Al fresco dining, air conditioning and wondering around the various parts of the buffet, can lower the temperature of the food on one's plate. If that is the case, we would be more than happy to re-heat the food for you very quickly.

As far as the isolated position of the hotel is concerned, Eva Palace is located 10 km from Corfu Town. Indeed, the location is out of the main city of Corfu, but this is the main reason of the unique location of this hotel. The stunning views, the beautiful nature as well as the peaceful and quiet surroundings are our main attractions that guests love about us. In addition, our hotel offers once a day a shuttle bus for the guests who would like to visit Corfu Town.

Regarding the room choice, I would like to say that all our hotel rooms are of the same high standards. Of course since we have various room types, one person can like a specific type and someone else no. If a suitable alternative was available, our reception team would have immediately notified you and offered you to change. Indeed after looking at our history data, the first available room (superior room type) was found on the 6th October and offered to you immediately. However I do apologize for the delay and the inconvenience cause to you.

I would like to thank you once again for all your constructive comments and hope that I will meet you in person here at Eva Palace in the near future.

Nikolaos Pagonis

Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed here the last week it was open in October 11th - 18th.We decided on the all inclusive as it included drinks (which can be expensive) and lunchtime meals.At lunch you could eat in the restaurant near the pool and the food was generally good quality.If you felt like a snack you could order near the bar (by the pool) and the burgers where once again good quality.If you ate a big lunch and went down to the main restaurant a while after opening most of the best dishes had gone and the choices where not great.
The area around the pool is very nice but at the time we went the pool was very cold.The beach was also shaded and a steep walk up and down.Our daughter and her boyfriend had been in August and it wa very hot and they had a great time.We opted for the standard room and it was adequate with everything you would need.I think the rooms upstairs had a better view and where bigger but at an extra cost.If we returned we would pay the extra.
The hotel is a little remote so a taxi / bus is needed to get into town which is cheap enough.
The staff were very good and attentive.
The views are lovely and during the summer months there are more activities on nearby beaches etc.

Room Tip: A room on one of the top floors would be best for the scenery
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank GeorgeMadiga
Reviewed 22 January 2014

It was a nice stay for us in Grecotel Eva Palace , we had a junior bungalow suite,with a beautiful view of the see and the impressive pool.
The hotel is situated in a quiet area with a lot's of lemon's three and attractive gardens.
We had breakfast and dinner, and the food quality was very good.
There is no sandy beach there and this is a minus in my opinion.
The staff was very kind and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Delfino Blu Boutique Hotel
Delfino Blu Boutique Hotel
#1 of 4 in Agios Stefanos
Aeolos Beach Resort

Been to Grecotel Eva Palace? Share your experiences!