“outstanding views”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kommeno Bay
Swansea, United Kingdom
“outstanding views”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Excellent service, good quality food and drinks, plush decor and unbelievable scenery. A special thank you to Yolanda who works in guest relations who was always ensuring that everybody had everything they needed. We had a great time! However, this comes at a price.I would advise all who intend visiting to take out the all inclusive option as the average alcoholic tipple will set you back around £9 and approx. £17 for a bar meal. Also be aware that this resort is set on a hillside and so obviously there are many steps to climb.

Room Tip: Pick a high floor overlooking the bay. We stayed in 412, fantastic!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank Jannette D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Ennis, Ireland
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My wife and I returned ireland last week from a 7 day stay last week 27/6/14. I read many reviews in advance but nothing prepared us for the most fantastic holiday that we have ever experienced. This hotel hotel is beautiful in every way with a most elegant atmosphere and amazing views .It is spotlessly clean ,the food is excellent with a wide variety of choice .the lunch menu including b b q is fantastic and also all of the bar areas are of the highest standards . The customer service in this hotel is outstanding and a special thanks to Yolanda ( customer relations manager) for making our stay memorable. from the moment we arrived until the time we departed we were made to feel very special, the staff could not do enough for us people like fanis (restaurant) maria and theo (bar) were especially kind. we are already looking forward to our next visit EVA PALACE YOUR A 10

7 Thank tonycon
warwickshire
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We recently visited this hotel/location for a 7 day holiday; lovely location matched for us by good summer weather. Hotel offers very good quality accommodation and general facilities are also very good. Only gripes would be the very poor lift facilities (no where near big enough or indeed reliable enough - were out of action twice in the week we visited) and not the best access to the restaurant. However, food very good and freshly grilled/cooked meat/fish at dinner & omelettes at breakfast notable. Would definitely recommend this hotel to others and would pay a return visit.

Room Tip: Some ground floor rooms have an open "verandah" instead of a balcony as per the upper floo...
4 Thank neville m
Whaley Bridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Eva Palace is a truly relaxing holiday experience. My family and myself have visited this hotel every year since I was 16, I am now 22! The staff are attentive, friendly and service is faultless. There is a large variety of food and drink that is of good quality. The beach is relaxing and peaceful. All you need for a relaxing holiday!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jessica T
doncaster uk
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Returned yesterday from another fabulous holiday at Eva Palace (it was our third time), if you are looking for the perfect way to spend your vacation look no further than here. The rooms have spectacular views overlooking Dassia Bay or Kommeno Bay and Corfu town, either view you do not tire of looking at, always plenty of activity in the bays to keep you entertained from the arriving and departing of the cruise ships in Corfu town, water sking,parasailing and yachting.

As others have said the staff really are the number one assett of this hotel, cleaners,gardeners, maintenance bar and restaurant staff cannot do enough to please you and ensure you have a brilliant time.

Changes to the hotel this year are a new manager and executive chef, both very eager to please and continually ask for your feedback, we found the food to be outstanding in both the buffet and a la carte restaurants, on a Wednesday night in the A la carte is an option to attend the Lobster Gala it was so good we did it twice. The a la carte is a vey romantic place to eat and on the second time we attended we were seated on the next table to a michelin star chef from Belgium, who declared the food to be delicious.

The managers first question to me was " is everything clean", it couldnt be any cleaner, fresh room and beach towels everyday and the bedding changed everyother day.

The pool was kept very clean and no need to reserve sunbeds there are plenty for everyone. If you tire of the pool there is a lovely beach with beds set out underneath straw parasols and a bar on the beach.

My favourite place for a little shade in the afternoon was on a chair at the end of the pool bar sipping a dry martini and sprite served by Theo and Spiros.

Please try this hotel you will not be disapointed.

8 Thank kazmataz
Isle of Portland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We arrived at this hotel after transferring from the Thomson majesty by taxi and because we were eager to continue our holiday we arrived about 4hrs before expected, we were warmly greeted by the reception staff and immediately offered a welcome drink, As we expected the 3 rooms booked were not ready so we were escorted through the hotel and shown lifts bar areas etc and made to feel very welcome.
This hotel boasts a fabulous location with great views across the bay and with mountain back drops and is well worth an upgrade to a sea view room which I can assure are kept in a spotless condition.
Having stayed in over 45 all- inclusive hotels across the med and Caribbean the Eva Palace is in my opinion the best and will always be the one that other hotels will be compered too.
It is always nice to mention members of staff who may give great service but with the Eva Palace that just is not possible I could mention the guest relations lady for her great patience but every member of staff I came into contact with were very professional, extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble.
I would highly recommend an upgrade to the premium plus package as food and drinks could run away with the budget. The buffet restaurant has a great standard of food hygiene and as this is of great interest to me I daily monitored the digital temperature of food displays which were always concise and kept to a very high standard of cleanliness, so dining there was always an idyllic experience.
The pool side area with its beautiful flower beds could be reached by a series of 40 steps so some guests with walking difficulties may struggle, but as lunch is also served around this area I would stick my neck out and say hotel staff would be only too willing to make alternative arrangements for any quests that would have access issues. Beyond the pool side area is an inclined path that leads to the beach which is a sandy bay with shaded areas and a well stocked bar and clean toilet facilities. The ala carte restaurant is a must with its intimate romantic patio location overlooking the bay its just the place for a truly 5 star dinning experience.

We hired a car for three days through our very helpful Thomson rep Melissa (KAPPA CORFU)
(0030) 26610-34081great car almost brand new with a sensible rate so would highly recommend.
So if you are looking for a great hotel with no loud music and with children only present between July-august the Eva Palace really lives up to its 5 star status and I could not recommend to highly.
Thank you Eva Palace for giving us a truly memorable 5 star vacation.

Room Tip: All sea view rooms have fantastic views floors 2-3 have the best access for lobby and dinning restau...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank andy t
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at Eva Palace at the end of May and had a fantastic experience. I must admit we were nervous ahead of our trip as we have stayed at 5 star hotels before to find they are far from 5 star when we arrived, but Eva Palace certainly did not disappoint.

We stayed in a 1 bed bungalow with a sea view. The room was spotless and cleaned every day. There was a fridge in the room which was handy for storing water. Bed was a bit hard but really that would be my only complaint with the room.

With regards the hotel itself, it was well finished and didn't disappoint. Without a doubt the best selling point of this hotel is the staff. They are very attentive and polite, which only but helped us enjoy our experience even more.

We stayed on an all inclusive basis and I would recommend anyone considering this hotel to stay on this basis as food and drink are expensive, but saying that no more than what you would expect from a 5 star hotel. As the hotel is in a quiet secluded bay there are obviously very few places outside for guests to eat and drink without having to get a taxi, so I would definitely recommend staying all inclusive.

The food itself is brilliant. We were nervous about the buffet style restaurant, but again we were not disappointed. There was ample choice at each meal time plus a live cooking station making eggs at breakfast and various types of meal at lunch and dinner. Buffet style restaurants are not my preference as they can be a bit school dinner like but Eva Palace is far from this.

We will certainly recommend Eva Palace to others and my wife and I would definitely stay again in the future. If you want a quiet week away in the sun Eva Palace is perfect.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Agios Spyridonas
Corfu Mare Boutique Hotel
Corfu Mare Boutique Hotel
#3 of 10 in Corfu Town

Been to Grecotel Eva Palace? Share your experiences!