“fantastic”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kommeno Bay
doncaster
“fantastic”
Reviewed 20 February 2011

The best holiday we have ever experienced. We chose to opt for the premium plus package before departure this proved to be excellant value for money. The hotel is spotlessly clean, the guest room is cleaned everyday and beds and towles changed frequently. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff who were very curteous. There was an extensive selection of food offered for breakfast, I particularly liked the smoked salmon which was sliced to order, we had lunch in the restaurant by the pool bar which was delightful, may i also recommend the a la carte restaurant in the evening, superb food. The a la carte restaurant also offered a lobster special evening once a week, we went and sat outside on the terrace looking over to dassia, very romantic.

I would not hesitate to return to this hotel and have joined the Grecotel priviledge club in anticipation.

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kazmatazDoncaster
evapalace, General Manager at Grecotel Eva Palace, responded to this review, 23 February 2011
Dearest Guests,

I wanted just briefly, to thank you for writing about our hotel, the Grecotel Eva Palace!
Your words of praise are extremely rewarding for us all! It is such a pleasure to know
that our efforts are appreciated and comments like yours are a great motivator for my team
and of course for me personally!
I thank you sincerely once again, on behalf of the Eva Palace team!
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future...
Please remember to e-mail me directly, prior to your arrival, so that I may greet you personally.

Best wishes from sunny Corfu!
E-mail: gman_ep@grecotel.gr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 30 January 2011

We stayed in the hotel one week. It was ok, but we expected more from Grecotel.
Rooms are nice - spacious, clean, with a nice view.
The territory of the hotel and swimming pool are clean.
Beach is very small, difficult to find a free chair.
Very expensive bar - cappuccino 6 Euro!
Poor breakfast. No local dishes at all.
We rented a car and explored the island, without it it would be too boring for us in the hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
evapalace, General Manager at Grecotel Eva Palace, responded to this review, 14 February 2011
Dear Guests,

My name is Mr. Stratos Mavralexakis, I am the General Manager of the Grecotel Eva Palace and I thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Eva Palace.
However, I feel I must clarify certain points that you address in your comments.

You mention that you had trouble finding free sunbeds at the beach. Indeed, the beach at the Eva Palace is relatively small. However, it is equipped with 200 sunbeds, whereas the pool area has 250 and the private villas have 15-20. The amount of subeds, therefore is over and above the maximum capacity of the hotel. Also, I am sure you will remember that most guests tend to spend most of their time around the sea-water pool and fewer prefer to use the beach. As I have never personally seen the beach area to be totally full, nor all of the beach subeds to be occupied at one time, I am surprised by your comments. I visit these areas 2-3 times per day myself. I am sorry that you did not mention this to a member of staff at the time. We could have brought some extra sunbeds to the beach area and corrected this immediately.

The price for a cappuccino at any bar at our hotel during your stay was 3,80 Euro and not 6 Euro as you stated. Furthermore in an effort to reduce prices and increase guest satisfcation, we discounted the prices of all the most popular beverages by 20% in 2010. Also, we developed the new Premium Plus package for guests who want to pay a flat, yet competitive rate for whatever they are to consume during their holiday. This package has proven to be extremely popular as it represents outstanding value for money.

The Breakfast Buffet at the Eva Palace is extensive and varied, containing a number of Greek foods, which are located at a separate part of the buffet. Also, these items are different every day. Many non-resident guests visit our hotel on a regular basis just to have breakfast as it is one of the richest breakfast buffets on the island. As food is a matter of taste and individual preferences vary from person to person, we accept that you may not have been satisfied with the food on offer at the buffet. We would have been more than happy to prepare something different for your breakfast, had you mentioned your displeasure to a member of staff or management.

It is always interesting and inspiring for me to read genuine, truthfull feedback reported by our guests and I thank you once again, for taking the time to write your comments.
We would be happy to welcome you to the Eva Palace again in future and I will personally do my best to see to your every need during your stay. Please contact me directly before your arrival.

yorkshire
Reviewed 10 October 2010

I think the good reviews are balanced therefore not alot more to add. We loved this hotel and we would return, its simple lines add to a relaxing break. There is a BIG problem with wasps..... They must sort this out, it would be a consideration when rethinking about a further visit!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
evapalace, General Manager at Grecotel Eva Palace, responded to this review, 9 November 2010
Dear Guests,

As the General Manager of the Eva Palace, I would like to thank you for sharing your
comments and suggestions; we value them greatly!

The presence of wasps this year, was indeed cumbersome at times. Our experts believe that the increase in numbers was largely due to the extended periods of draught, and consistent high temperatures. This is a naturally occuring phenomenon in Corfu and not just in the Kommeno area. We indeed took all the necessary and legitimate precautions (in accordance with ISO 22000) including destroying all the nests, spraying with eco-friendly pesticide substances as well as setting traps around the property. Sadly, despite these measures, their presence was still very noticable. As you will appreciate, the presence of wasps cannot be controlled totally as wasps tend to travel for considerable distances from nests on neighbouring properties. Additionally, please rest assured that the Eva Palace is equipped with all first-aid that may be needed and an MD is on-call 24-7.
I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you to the Eva Palace once again in future.
Thank you for your genuine, kind feedback.

Stratos Mavralexakis
Liverpool
Reviewed 9 October 2010

The Eva Palace is a comfortable and relaxing hotel to stay in. Rooms are good with 1 strange addition, a full length window from the bathroom to the bedroom which only has a very thin net over it. Hotel very isolated with taxi fares extremely high. 15minute trip with return journey costing £50. Staff are friendly and efficient. Food ok but doesn't match the star rating of the hotel. Food and drink expensive generally in Corfu. House wine around 18-24 euros per bottle, 10-11 euros for a bacardi and coke, 5 euros for iced coffee. We went in September and there were hundreds of wasps about. Mosquitos could be a problem also.

1 Thank BevDuffy
cardiff
Reviewed 9 October 2010

The Eva Palace in Kommeno Corfu is positioned in one of the best panoramic sceanically beautiful parts of Corfu if not the rest of Greece.The brochure pictures do not lie.We were upgraded to a Junior Suite which had a full sea view and was a short walk to the stunning pool area and also to the little cove of sand and pebbles near the sea.The restaurant and the lobby /bar area are elevated to make the most of the views on three sides of the Hotel.Even though it is the end of a long season the staff were always keen to do whatever they could to please the guests.Dining was a mixed blessing being totally Buffet style.There is always something even the most fussy eater can enjoy.Breakfast in the American style with every possible combinations.Wasps at this time of year are a nuisance and prevented us from taking breakfast on the terrace but that is not the fault of the hotel-its just nature.Dinner on the other hand was a bit hit and miss.We love salads and they were varied and plentiful as were desserts.The main course was not quite as good-but we did not go hungry.The one complaint I do have is that the one restaurant is too small for the number of Guests staying which means you are too close to strangers eating and the staff are over eager to turn the tables around so that a queue does not form-which meant if the next table to you is freed they immediately start the turnover so close to you it is not what we believe to be 5 star dining.
Just a few negative points.No coffee or tea service in room.Most good 4 and 5 star hotels provide this now.Our bathtub was badly chipped inside but is was the end of the season so will probably be repaired soon.Some of the more elderly and people with walking difficulty found the many cobbled steps difficult.There is poor in room tv etc with only BBC news available.If it rained as it did the week we visited a dvd or movie channel would have been nice.Please note a Taxi into Corfu town and back which is about 7 miles will cost you 50 euros minimum after haggling .There is a hotel bus once a day but they charge 10 euros per person -most hotels of this caliber should have a courtesy bus .Of Corfu Island a fellow guest discribed Dassia and Ipsos as shanty towns ,As were Sidari and some of the old resorts we remember with fondness.Rundown with TACKY Souveniers and grubby Tavernas selling stodge.What a dissapointment.Hire a car like we did to avoid Geedy Taxi drivers and get into the hills and little hill villages which still have appeal.We traveled with Thompson who were very good-be warned Corfu airport is tiny and not well equipped so be prepared for long queues dirty toilets expensive poor food and indifferent sales staff.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kay P
evapalace, General Manager at Grecotel Eva Palace, responded to this review, 10 November 2010
Dear Guests,

As the General Manager of the Grecotel Eva Palace, I must thank you for your kind words
and genuine feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel! Your positive input is very rewarding for our team, thank you!
The few negative points you mention are also very helpful for us, as they enable us to identify the apsects of our services and facilities that we could potentially develop and improve. Allow me please, to address them briefly.
Our main buffet restaurant has a capacity of 240 people, whereas the maximum possible number of guests who have dinner included in their package is 350. Therefore, as you also experienced, not all the residents of the hotel can be seated at any one time in the main restaurant. In fact, I believe few hotels have restaurants as large as their total hotel capacity. According to Grecotel policy, pre-determined seating sessions at dinner are no longer adhered to, as we prefer to give our guests the freedom to dine at their preferred time (within a 3 hour period), without having to pre-book their meal times. Generally, the main restaurant is seldom full at any one time, as our multi-national guests tend to dine at varied times.
However, during your visit I believe we experienced some bad weather and therefore not all tables and seats (outdoors) could be utilised. Additionally, the rainy weather, which allowed little daytime activity, meant that most guests preferred to dine very early in the evening.

With regards to the tea and coffee facilities, which you would have enjoyed, we indeed supply a kettle, coffee & tea bags, milk and sugar in all our standard guestrooms. However, these are not provided in any of the hotel's Suites. Therefore your Junior Suite, was not equipped with them either.
It is a pitty you didn't mention this to Reception as we would have been more than happy to provide you with the facilities, at no extra cost.

Thank you again for your kind feedback and I genuinely look forward to welcoming you back to the Grecotel Eva Palace in the near future!

England
Reviewed 7 October 2010

From our arrival to departure we were treated with courtesy and welcomed warmly to the hotel. The room I occupied was large, airy and spotlessly clean. A complimentary bottle of wine, water and basket of fruit had been supplied as were bath robes and beach towels. Food was plentiful and very varied, no complaints at all on that score. Bar prices were very high but we expected it in light of the Greek economic problems. Pool are was lovely with plenty of sunbeds as was the beach. Because the hotel was about 15 minutes walk from the main road and public transport there was not a lot to do, but if you want peace, quiet and just lazing by the pool or beach then it's ideal. Not suitable for anyone with walking difficulties. Very little in the way of entertainment in the main bar during the evening and the pool area where the main entertainment was staged was via a lot of steps leading down to the pool, again not suitable if your are not nimble on your feet. Beach bar was closed the week we were there and all the sunbed cushions had been removed, naughty, but they were getting ready to close down for the winter! There are three or four Taverna's up the hill to the right as you leave the hotel and I particularly recommend the Aporovada which is the first Taverna and the Panorama which is just passed the mini market and also has a Taverna next to it. Enjoyed the holiday but probably would not return as we like to be nearer shops and enjoy entertainment in the evening. There are bungalows and villas in the grounds of the hotel and these did look very, very comfortable especially the ones with a private pool. Would not recommend this hotel for a family as it's more suited for couples and mature adults. Corfu town is a little gem, very Greek with fantastic shops and restaurants. Loved it!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
evapalace, General Manager at Grecotel Eva Palace, responded to this review, 15 November 2010
Dear Guests,

My name is Stratos Mavralexakis and I am the General Manager of the Grecotel Eva Palace.
I enjoy reading guest reviews greatly, whether positive or negative. Thank you very much for your kind words describing your experience at our hotel and the service you received. As you can imagine your positive feedback is extremely satisfying and rewarding for our team of employees as well as for me personally!
With regards to the 'high' prices of the beverages and other extras you mention in your review, please allow me to comment on this briefly. Despite the fact that Greece is currently experiencing economic difficulties, Grecotel made a conscious decision to either maintain or decrease many of the product prices for 2010. Specifically, at the Eva Palace the prices of all the most popular beverages (alcoholic and non) were reduced by 20-25%, in relation to the prices of 2009.
Furthermore, in 2010 the Premium Plus package was also introduced. This is a specially designed, waiter-service 'premium all inclusive' option, which offers excellent value for money, whilst maintaining the 5 star quality and service you enjoyed so much here at the Eva Palace. As almost all beverages, meals and snacks are included at a very competitve supplementary price, the Premium Plus Package was extremely popular, even though it was the first year of operation at our hotel. As you enjoyed spending most of your time at the hotel, I would definitely recommend this for your next visit. Please don't hesitate to contact me personally, should you require any further information. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Eva Palace soon!
Thank you once again for choosing the Eva Palace and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your Corfiot Grecotel holiday experience!

england
Reviewed 3 October 2010

This is a very nice hotel and we were on the all inclusive package. Drinks are very expensive if you're not on the package and its not very near to many alternative bars or restaurants. Its a good hotel if you don't want to go anywhere, or you've hired a car. All the rooms seem to have a sea view. The pools are very nice but salt water so bring goggles. The beach is small and shaded and pebbley near the water. The hotel seemed quite understaffed as service at the bars was often very slow, but as you will probably not be in a rush then it didnt really bother me! The food was really nice but a very similar buffet every night so it did become quite repetitive, you can eat in the a la carte restaurant but there is a very limited choice and its around 60 euros so you wouldnt want to every night. All in all a very nice hotel with nice staff. Noticeably very clean.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kommeno Bay
#4 of 10 in Corfu Town
Mareblue Beach Resort
Mareblue Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Agios Spyridonas

Been to Grecotel Eva Palace? Share your experiences!