Kamari Beach Hotel
US$426
US$145
US$62
Elsa Haus Studios and Apartments(Potos)(Great Value!)
US$36
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
bedfinder
All reviewsroom cleaningreception deskmin walkumbrellasseavillage
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I loved you guys! From top to bottom!!!!The serving, the food, the bed, the lights. Kamari is splendid, quiet, it is hidden quite well. The Kamari staff were very, very gratious and best behavede. I had a really nice time there :)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andra_Madalina
Ea N, Manager at Kamari Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Dear Andra Madalina,
We are so happy to hear that you had a great stay with us. Thank you.
We hope you will come again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I must say that I am shocked about the other reviews..there is nothing wrong about this hotel, everything was perfect! Ok, I must admit that the coffee they served at breakfast wasn't good, but not a big problem. The hotel isn't big, so the atmosphere here is very relaxing and quiet. It is located right on the beach, where the sunbeds and umbrellas are free for hotel's guests. You can also have a drink on the beach if you ask at the hotel's pool bar. The pool is also very beautiful, large and deep enough. It also has jacuzzi. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everybody, for me personally it was the best experience. Enjoy Greece!

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank ChristinaaRo

We are very happy to hear about your stay with us. We have taken note of the coffee and have hereby changed it. Thank you very much for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Pros
The hotel is nicely located just a couple of meters away from the ocean and only a five or ten minutes stroll away from the nearest town Potos; that offers restaurants, shops etcetera. The hotel has gone through some renovation lately and the rooms are actually quite nice and fresh looking. So is the pool area; a great place in the sun. There are a large pool and lots of sunbeds. The hotel staff is friendly but also quite laid back. Room cleaning is thorough and serious. Even if the beach is not the most adventurous on the island, it is for sure a descent piece of beach that offers bathers and tanners what they need. Especially if they are kids. There is also a large free parking area at the hotel. As me and my wife rented a small car for the whole week (we absolutely recommend you to do so to be able to get around) we were very pleased by having somewhere to put the car every night.

Cons
First of all; the breakfast. We had breakfast included during our week at the hotel but did not actually bother to eat it every day since it was terrible. The coffee was nothing else but tasteless brown water, the juice was as tasteless but had other colors. Bread and feta cheese were ok and so were the water melon. The rest of the food, especially the cooked "things", were a catastrophy; sweaty sausages, smelly ham, greasy egg-something and so on.
Further; the renovation the rooms have undergone is obviously a performed by an amateur and not very thought through. When you use the shower, water drawns the whole bathroom, including the toilet tissue since it is placed just beneath the shower. If you do anything smelly or noisy sitting on the toilet the smell and noise will spread fast to the rest of the hotel room since there is nothing but an under sized glass door to hide what you are doing (and a curtain, should you feel shy while...). The wardrobe and drawers are of amazingly bad quality and do not get surprised if you find yourself standing there with an entire door och other piece of collapsed furniture in your hand. Finally; the crazy lights. There are three buttons on the wall that let you combine your own colored light inside your hotel room. You can choose between very red, very blue, very green or a combination of those three. As this was our honeymoon we often chose very red, but we soon realized that we also would have wanted an option to choose ordinary white light. This in order to be able to get dressed, put make up on and fix hair etcetera in a proper way. Instead every make up my wife put on looked like belonging in either an erotic movie, a sci-fi movie or Hulk the movie.

Should we recommend Kamari Beach Hotel to anyone else? Yes we actually would (just do not pay for included food). We think this was a exactly the nice place we were looking for as we wanted a peaceful and soft spot for relaxing and chilling in the sun. We left the hotel every morning and went for great adventures among beaches, mountains, waves and marble querries, and when back in the evenings we always fell asleep fast and slept well. In the very very odd red light.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank d b
Ea N, Manager at Kamari Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2013

Thank you very much for the review. I appreciate your feedback and we will look into the issues that you have stated.
Once again, congratulations with your marriage! I hope you will live a wonderful life together!

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I have never had such a bad vacation and I hope I'l never will again. First of all you can feel the stressed attitude of the employees from the first contact ( they know complains will start coming short after check-in ). Rooms have very few space to move around, small broken cupboard with tiny kids size hangers. Bathroom an toilet is closed with glass so there is no privacy. The restaurant has no AC and with open doors and windows we were always troubled by bees and flies. We were there for 10 days and breakfast and diner was the same every day. Breakfast cheese, ham, olives, yogurt, tomatoes, cucumbers and "see-trough" coffee. Diner soup, pasta, lamb, moussaka and few poor salads. It could be more other things to be said but I think I made my point.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank VictorIon
Ea N, Manager at Kamari Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased about your stay. I am also sorry to find out that you did not contact the staff about all this during your stay. If you had told us about your dissatisfaction, we could have done something about it.
You should have been informed about the room type you have booked and its amenities before your arrival. I am sorry to hear that you had a broken cupboard. I will look into this promptly.
We serve a continental breakfast buffet in the morning, and we make sure to vary our evening dinner buffet with many different hot dishes every night. We also take care not to repeat a hot dish within the same week.
I am grateful for your response and I will look into the situation.

Reviewed 8 February 2013

Judging by the pictures we saw on the hotels site and the location, we expected something better, but we found an average hotel.
We went to Kamari of season, on early September, and we were treated as such. Messy room, no clean towels for one week, awful breakfast (almost uneatable).
The pool is nice, the location is beautiful, they have private beach, it is indeed a place to relax, enjoy the pool, the sand, the sun. Thassos island is wonderful, great beaches and I guess many hotels have nice location and facilities. Kamari is kind of isolated so is better for those with kids and those that come to lay on the sand all day.
Being off season I believe the personnel was relaxed, we only saw 4-5 people working there. They were nice of course, they know hospitality like all Greeks, but they acted as if the hard part was over (the summer) and so they could chill now even though the hotel was almost full.
Maybe during summer the place is better kept, I don't know...

Room Tip: Anything facing the sea is a good.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple