“An absolute relax”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Potos
Ruse, Bulgaria
“An absolute relax”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We were there in June 2014, my whole family - my husband and me, my son's family with a 10 months old baby and my daughter's family with another 10 months old baby. It was an absolute relax. Excellent hotel, nice, cosy, beautifully furnished rooms, friendly staff. Private beach with free sun beds and crystal clear blue water of the sea.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ani_Dimitrova
Christina P, Διευθυντής Πωλήσεων at Royal Paradise Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 June 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review at Trip Advisor website it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests and it is a big pleasure to know that you had great time here with us. We are looking forward to see you again.

Royal Paradise Beach Resort and Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Perfect location with private beach,free beach sunbeds,sandy beach and very clean. You don't need pool because the sea is very quaitly. The room was lovely and it was cleaned twice every day. The garden in full of beautiful olive trees,breakfast in greek style but the lunch sucks with lots of boiled meat with no teaste. Dinner is better but not worth the money.
The hotel have a tennis court free fot guest and a spa center free just 1 day but not like a 5 stars hotel.
Overall we recomand it for the location,sea,room and beach

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank CIDFamily
Dear Guest,

We are very glad that you choose for your vacations Royal Paradise Beach Resort and recommending our hotel. We would like to kindly inform that we take seriously all the comments of our guests, and with pleasure we addressed to the kitchen your disappointing about the food. We are looking forward to welcoming you to our hotel once again.

Plovdiv
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We visited this hotel for the first time last year and we loved it. This year I went there with my husband and my two children. We expected the same service as previous time but nothing was as good as it was. This time they told us that we have to pay if we want to use the Spa centre. Also I asked to change my pillow because it was very uncomfortable but nothing happened. My husband had birthday during our stay and I wanted to order a cake for him. At reception they told me they would take care of it. In the evening we went to the restaurant to celebrate his birthday. First of all we waited to be served for an hour, then the waiter was rude and no cake was ordered. The hotel was full of Romanians which are very bad behaved. They stole my children's toys, they gathered all the sun beds at the beach even to use them for their luggage. I don't think it is normal for a 5 star hotel. So we won't go there again.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms
6 Thank VeselaKPlovdiv
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post your review on Trip Advisor website regarding your stay at Royal Paradise Beach Resort and Spa. We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience, as for, we have already addressed your compliments to the departments of service and restaurant and we have already taken the necessary steps for our improvement. Despite the points that you did not enjoyed, we are looking forward to seeing you again and offer remarkable holidays.

Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I chose to take a week's vacation at this hotel with my family (wife, son 21 and daughter 17) for some key reasons - less than 80 rooms (as opposed to many in Europe with 200+!), beautiful looking rooms; chance to get a room with its own ouside jacuzzi; spa facilities; and what looked to be a fantastic pool and adjacent private beach setting. None of these aspects disappointed - the jacuzzi was fabulous (unlike the public one next to the pool!) and was used often. We had this as part of our Executive room whilst our children had a separate Superior room (again a great room with a large balcony and sun loungers, but no jacuzzi so they were often in ours!). The Spa was also fantastic - we often had it entirely to ourselves - very quiet and very clean with an adequate gym, indoor pool, steam room, aroma dry room and dry sauna room (and 2x shower bucket rooms and ice bar to completely cool off inbetween!); the outdoor salt water pool was clean and of very adequate size and the beach (hotel half) was fantastic with gently sloping sand, 'ripple' waves and a reef area (hotel beach end) where you could snorkel and watch hundreds of a variety of different fish. What was I nervous about? Well, reading the reviews I was anxious about the staff attitude and the quality of the food - and two of my family are coeliac (gluten-free) so I was even more nervous! But it wasn't long after arrival that I realised I need not have any worries. First, at reception we were efficiently handled - they acknowledged my wife and daughter being gluten-free, knew the types of rooms we had booked and gave my children a free entry to the Spa for one day (ordering an Exec room my wife and I could go in as many times as we wanted but being in a Superior my children would normally be charged 10 eu each (well worth it!). Then a friendly young porter drove us in a golf buggy to our rooms (2 of us at a time). The rooms were spotless, had great showers/bath areas and the beds were huge with 5 different pillow options (though we preferred the goose feather). The staff looking after the rooms and cleaning/tidying (often) were fantastic - very friendly and very efficient. We found out that our jacuzzi didn't work straight away. I thought my luck had run out, but a quick call to reception and someone came to fix it within 5 minutes! We found out a few days later that our inside bath jacuzzi wasn't working - again this was dealt with and fixed efficiently. So, maximum marks for the staff at reception and housekeeping - what about the restaurant? We booked half board and you can choose whether to have your meal at lunchtime or evening (if lunchtime let them know the evening before) - the type and quantity of meal are the same at both sessions. What I am about to say is a damning remark about the majority of restaurants in the UK that haven't even heard of coeliac disease - and that is, that on the first night's arrival for our evening meal the restaurant manager knew two of our party were gluten-free and acknowledged it. Soon after sitting down we were served normal bread and a bowl of gf bread - and this happened every day and also at breakfast (when the bread was also accompanied by GF cake and biscuits! We were overwhelmed. And ALL of the staff at the restaurant were aware of their allergy. Further, whether at breakfsat or evening meal all of the staff were polite, courteous and well-trained to provide great service. This is no canteen - fresh linen, including the napkins and a waitered service. So what about the food quality? We all found the quality good. My daughter is one of the fussiest of eaters but even she always found something on the menu that she wanted to eat. THis is not cordon blu but I do think that the reviews on the food by others are somewhat harsh - we enjoyed the soups (but not the fish soup!), we enjoyed the salads, we enjoyed the main meal and we enjoyed the puddings - each plate was not huge but I am a big eater and there was plenty enough for me (even though you are free to keep ordering from the HB menu as much as you like!) - it was good to space out the courses rather than have one enormous plateful of food come at you all at once! I also liked the fact that whenever you order drinks (which are all extra) you are shortly presented with a drink bill to sign - so you know exactly what you are spending. We did stoop to ask for tap water - we ordered a large bottle of still water each night for 2,50 euros (about £1.75) which is not bad at all. On to the breakfasts - lots of variety of foods the breakfast usually lasted us until our evening meal! Try the cold rice puddings - and don't worry about asking for orange juice as some reviews mention- it is self serve with one other juice each day (the banana was our favourite) - the waiters promptly asked if you would like coffee served too. Another thing we loved (and for fear of annoying any fellow Brits) is that we were the only Brits; the car plates suggested the hotel was full of people from Greece, Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia, Macedonia, Turkey etc. but what was most strange is that English was spoken by all as the main language! Most had young children (this is a children's hotel too), but what struck us was how well the children were behaved - not something we are used to in the UK unfortunately these days. Other staff? Spa staff were excellent - very laid back. Beach bar staff were great - you just asked for some beach towels for the day, signed against your name and signed them back whever you wanted. You could order drinks on the beach and get them delivered direct to where you were sitting - perfect - and always accompanied by a receipt to sign. What could be improved? We had a great relaxing time and if this is what you want then go here. For those who want places to go I would recommend that the hotel offers excursions for those without a car, but I think this does not happen because most customers arrive by car. We took a taxi to Potos one evening (4 euros each way) just to look around but soon found ourselves wanting to get back to our lovely hotel. Another 'nice to have' would be some traditional Greek music in the restaurant and pool area, rather than US/UK pop music (and the music volume around the pool was a little loud for us). But these are minor gripes. A final note - there was entertainment (outside) on most evenings as we ate on the patio - all good musicians but on two nights we were especially lucky enough to be entertained by Nuit de L'Art - a piano accordion and violin player who's music was passionate and haunting - tango-type music where one could believe one was in Paris - they were fantastic! Thanks to everyone at Paradise for a great relaxing time!

Room Tip: Do ensure that you get a room with a balcony jacuzzi!
6 Thank Andrew P
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Our goal was to find a peaceful and cozy hotel with a beautiful sandy beach, surrounded with trees and a lot of natural shade, tasty food and modern spacey rooms. And we get it all in Royal Paradise.
The things we loved:
The beach is perfect for small children, in some parts you have natural shade whole day and the water is crystal clear.
Sunbeds are free of charge for hotel’s guests, but for others are 10eu pro one sunbed, so it is never crowded.
Parts of the beach bar are also in the natural shade.
Food is great and interesting. You can choose between dinner or lunch.
Breakfast is self-service, but at dinner the waiters are serving you from the menu (soup, 3 different : starters, salads, main dishes and desserts-unlimited orders).
Animation for children during day and dinner.
Beautiful, easy listening music every other night.

Suggestions for improvement:
Changing cabins on the beach.
Better control over intruders on the hotel pool.

3 Thank Milka j
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Our first time in Greece (islands included) and it's clear there is different criteria for awarding stars in the provinces becayse while this might be 5 stars Greecs it would rate about 3.5 in comparison with most others.
The hotel is clean and tidy and the grounds are lovely with a great beach and saltwater swimming pool but the customer service leaves a LOT to be desired and the food quality poor.
We ate in the hotel restaurant on our first night and the set meal was disgraceful. We found out afterwards it was 20 euros each so you can imagine what you get for 20 euros in a five star hotel.
Lunch at the pool bar was interesting. My wife ordered chicken and they brought pork. When she sent it back the response was "sorry. The chef made a mistake but he won't prepare a fresh dish so he has just added chicken to your plate." Not so great as she is allergic to pork !
Every time you ask for something out of the ordinary the response is usually no.
They are not very flexible. Thank goodness we didn't pay the rack rate.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
16 Thank Russell B
Istanbul Province, Turkey
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my wife last weekend. The hotel is looking still brand new, and the room was well designed. The stuff was very helpful, and trying their best to make the customers happy. I didn't try the spa, but they gave us a free coupon while we're check-in. The breakfast was also well organised and tasted very well. I strongly recommend to stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank UgurYal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Potos
Alexandra Beach Thassos Spa Resort
Kamari Beach Hotel
#5 of 9 in Potos
Hotel Kipos
Hotel Kipos
#11 of 17 in Thassos Town (Limenas)
Hotel Pegasus
Hotel Pegasus
#4 of 17 in Thassos Town (Limenas)

Been to Royal Paradise Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!