The transfer form the airport was wonderful even though it was quite lengthy overall. From the moment we sat under a harbour side parasol with a Mythos waiting for the ferry to take us to Thassos we felt as though we were on our holiday. The short 40 minute ferry trip was then followed by a lovely scenic coach journey of about 50 minutes to the hotel. Check in was very efficient and well organised. There were quite a few people checking in at the same time but the staff handled it superbly.
I could not fault the view from our room (228) and our cases arrived promptly from reception.
The restaurant inside and out was lovely, the food was excellent, plenty of choice at breakfast and evening meal. I do think that the trouser rule for men dining in the evening is a little over the top particularly when some of the women had very revealing shorts for instance, I can't understand that one! Also I would look at the smoking rule outside as the tables are quite close together.
All of the staff at this hotel were wonderful, very hardworking, courteous and attentive.
The bar areas were very relaxing with great views, the view of the sunset from the roof top bar for instance is breath-taking
The beach is very stony and you do need good shoes if you want to wade in to the sea, however, the pontoons provided by the hotel make it easy to get in to the sea without having to do this. Great beach bar!
There were plenty of sunbeds on the beach so no need to fight.
Although there were beds available around them, the pool areas are too small for the size of the hotel.
My wife was very impressed with the spa although the gym was a little small and one of the running machines was out of order all week.
The cost of a safe is 15 euros for a week and if you need a beach towel it is 1 euro per day.
Easy access to the nearby town of Potos and I ran a couple of mornings to Limenaria which is only about 2 miles away. This was via a very well made but rather hilly path, attempting to walk it in the heat of the day probably isn't advisable.
The hotel buildings and grounds were very clean and tidy and the vegetable garden was a wonderful sight.
All in all a great hotel with excellent staff and I would return again
PS Can definitely recommend Cap't Vasilis BBQ Cruise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alexandra Beach is located near the village of Potos on the beautiful island of Thassos, It is an incredible place for family holidays on the sparkling emerald beach, with a panoramic view of the Aegean Sea, many-hued sunsets and a refreshing breeze wafting through the air. Thassos, an all time valued Aegean island with an extensive history, takes you on a journey to its lacy coastline and to the mountain with its picturesque villages and captivates you with its delicaces. It invites travellers to visit the mountain villages and to take a peek at the simple life of the residents and amazing landscape of varied and authentic Greek nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Alexandra Beach Thassos Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra Beach Thassos Hotel Potos
- Hotel Alexandra Beach Thassos