We have just returned from 2 weeks at the alexandra beach. The hotel itself is set amongst lots of trees, with lots of fruit and veg being grown, the air had the smell of herbs it is a beautiful setting. The room is fine although for a 4 star and a Thomson platinum hotel I would have liked more of a luxurious feel, but this is just my opinion I am hard to please! however the most important thing is cleanliness and the room was kept spotless. The mattress was very hard but as advised by another review we asked for a mattress topper which was great and did the trick. There was no tea and coffee making facilities in the room. Breakfast and evening meal were fine with a good variety of food, eaten on a terrace with an amazing view, the men have to wear long trousers handy to know before you go. If you are thinking of going full board we wouldn't recommend it, this is only because it comprises a 3 course meal which for me was too much, the food again was lovely but an option for a sandwich would be good. The beach is pebbly so some rubber beach shoes would be a good idea, the sea is amazing for snorkeling we saw loads of fish, there are plenty of loungers and a really nice touch is the red button put on the parasols, the staff come to you to take your order from the beach bar so you don't have to leave your seat. The staff are a credit to the hotel and really looked after us. The hotel pools were lovely to and even in aug we could get a lounger in the afternoon. Ann the Thomson rep was lovely and really went out of her way to ensure we had a great time she even sent us a anniversary card (thank you). The trips were quite expensive, however the jeep trips are well worth the cost with only 6 people and the guide we went allover the Island on and off road. We had a brilliant holiday at the hotel and would highly recommend to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alexandra Beach is located near the village of Potos on the beautiful island of Thassos, It is an incredible place for family holidays on the sparkling emerald beach, with a panoramic view of the Aegean Sea, many-hued sunsets and a refreshing breeze wafting through the air. Thassos, an all time valued Aegean island with an extensive history, takes you on a journey to its lacy coastline and to the mountain with its picturesque villages and captivates you with its delicaces. It invites travellers to visit the mountain villages and to take a peek at the simple life of the residents and amazing landscape of varied and authentic Greek nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Alexandra Beach Thassos Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra Beach Thassos Hotel Potos
- Hotel Alexandra Beach Thassos