I will recommend this resort to anyone wanting an unspoilt town with a beach. Whatever you need is within reach, including towns for essential shopping, lunch and nightlife.
The resort is very comprehensive and the facilities (including the spa) are good enough. The fridge is well stock. You can ask for an iron and a kettle, but best to take your own. Watersport /scuba diving are available at Pefkari, about 15 minutes walk to the left of the resort.
At least 80% of the rooms in are in blocks and it will take a few days to get your bearings right. The rest are villas with private swimming pools. Children and senior citizens will enjoy the hotel evening entertainment.
The resort grows vegetables and the food is well cooked. Apart from the Feta Cheese in salads, no Greek cuisines were served. So I am disappointed about that.
For essentials and night out, Potos is the closet town - about 10 minutes walk to the right of the resort. You can buy all your essentials, each lunch and have nice bar dance if you like. There is a supermarket just a few yards away from the kebab store. You are better-off buying all your Greek snacks in that supermarket.
The best town to visit in Thassos is Panagia. An excursion trip around the town will give you a good feel of Panagia (only one of many coach stops) but you need to spend a whole day there another day Panagia. Limenars is the municipal town of South Thassos. You can do you banking and post your postcards.
Public transport around the town is available for under five Euro one-way and you really need to study the timetable carefully. The reception staff are very informative - they will help you out with that.
Enjoy your stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alexandra Beach is located near the village of Potos on the beautiful island of Thassos, It is an incredible place for family holidays on the sparkling emerald beach, with a panoramic view of the Aegean Sea, many-hued sunsets and a refreshing breeze wafting through the air. Thassos, an all time valued Aegean island with an extensive history, takes you on a journey to its lacy coastline and to the mountain with its picturesque villages and captivates you with its delicaces. It invites travellers to visit the mountain villages and to take a peek at the simple life of the residents and amazing landscape of varied and authentic Greek nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Bookgreece.com, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Alexandra Beach Thassos Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra Beach Thassos Hotel Potos
- Hotel Alexandra Beach Thassos