Alexandra Beach Thassos Spa Resort
US$89
US$87
US$81
  • Restaurant
Elsa Haus Studios and Apartments(Potos)(Great Value!)
US$36
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooftop baroverlooking the seapotos townmain restaurantbuffet stylehalf boardlovely hotelthomson repevening entertainmentbreakfast and dinnersuperior roomvegetable gardenbars and restaurantsdress codesea urchinsflip flopsgreat holiday
Reviewed 25 August 2014

we stayed at this hotel the second week of August. The hotel grounds are very spacious and beautifully kept by the staff. The gardens included some really lovely herbs which gave off a beautiflul aroma as you walked by. There are also some very lovely seating areas around the hotel where you can enjoy the fantastic views of the sea and surroundings.
Our room was spacious and kept beautifully clean by the staff each day,clean towels, our bedsheets were changed 3times during our week stay,and bathroom showergels and shampoos were replenished regularly. After some complaints by customers Who does change their bed sheets everyday at home?!
We chose to eat in the outside area each time and apart from breakfast time where there was often a wait for a table everything was lovely. Our food was always hot and delicious with plenty of variety. The roof top resturant is amazing with spectacular views over the sea and the food was of a very high standard!!
The beach is so close and has access via steps or a slope. It is stoney but if you use beach shoes this is not a problem. These can be purchased in the local shops. Sunbeds are free and there is a beach bar. The sea is beautifully clear and warm.
Potos village has lots of bars and shops, it suited us a a couple but I guess for some it maybe too quiet, there is enough to enjoy.
Staff at the hotel are hard working and always want to please. OUr waiter was Alex and he made everything very easy at meal times. Nancy does an amazing job at keeping people happy which cannot be easy!! I had a few queries before travelling and emailed the hotel and received a very prompt and satisfactory reply from Nancy! Keep us the good work.
I loved the hotel and do understand why people would want to travel with their young children given the safe environment, however I would like to suggest that Thomson and the Hotel Management give careful consideration to making this hotel Adult only. The hotel has some great amenities and beatiful areas, hard working staff to keep it this way and some families I feel did not treat the hotel with appreciation for this and took advantage. Thankfully we did not have the hassle that some customers had with some families during our stay but I guess we chose a good week! In order to be confident on booking or recommending I would only do so if this was changed to Adult Only or if the roof top resturant was made available for every meal to be included as part of a separate adult package. This would address the issue for me.
Keep up the good worl Alexandra Beach and if you are in doubt about booking don't be. I am fussy by the way!!.

Room Tip: rooms at the back end of the hotel are really quiet we had 631 2nd floor perfect location.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank SEL858
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Am sat in the bar writing this on our last day, after some of the reviews on here I was a little nervous as to what we would find , no need !! This hotel is actually better than expected. Rooms clean light and airy, bathrooms spotless and cleaned daily. The food is excellent and fresh, if there is one thing you must do is eat at the hotel taverna, best Greek food I have eaten in 30 yrs of coming to Greece ! When we arrived our shower was low in pressure so pointed this out to Nancy in reception , by the time we got back to our room the engineer was in fixing it ! The beach is not as bad as some of the reviews, a bit pebbly but lots of sand, also the problems with the Eastern Europeans seems to be non existent , the ones here this week are just as well behaved as any other country if not quieter than some of the English ! Definitely recommend this hotel, you won't be disappointed

• Stayed: August 2014
8  Thank J S
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My partner and I stayed at this hotel in June and had an amazing experience. We got a really good deal which was also a bonus! We went halfboard and weren't expecting it to be as good as it was. The main restaurant has a huge selection and the staff are so lovely. You have to visit the roof top restaurant tooas its €10 for a 5 course meal! Save room though as they are big portions.. the facilities are lovely and clean and our room was imaculate. The bar staff make the best cocktails. I would definitely recommend getting a car too which you can arrange at the hotel. I will definitely be returning next year for another relaxing holiday!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gtruman38
Reviewed 20 August 2014

we travelled here via Thomson this august.
the hotel is perfect, rooms are spotless, staff are friendly. the ford in hotel is perfect with a massive choice.i made use of the gym and had a massage at the spa which was great.
lots of evening music and lots for children to do.
i may add that a couple of reviews I've seen, people have commented about tv channels available and no tea and coffee making facilities in our room.....but who the hell wants to sit in their room and drink coffee? maybe they should get a travel lodge on the m25 instead lol.
all round excellent experience :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Redrum1980
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My family stayed at this hotel for the first two weeks of August and travelled with Thomson holidays. Everything was perfect. The hotel and rooms are very clean with plenty of room for two children in the room. The buffet restaurant had so much choice and the staff were so lovely and attentive. The two pools were quite busy with children but it was summer holidays and my children enjoyed making friends. The Greek nights were great with such a lovely atmosphere. The spa is well worth booking in to, with so much choice. The beach is nice with sunbeds and a beach bar, remember to bring seashoes as there are sea urchins. The sunsets at the hotel are breathtaking. We went on two trips organised by Thomson, one up into the mountains in a 4x4, up the hairpin bends, but the view from the top was amazing. The boat trip was really good, a great day out. We also hired a car for the day and drove right around the island stopping off at different beaches and the beautiful village of Panagia is well worth a visit. I have been to many Greek islands and this is my favorite island and hotel. Thank you to everyone at the Alexandra Beach for making it so special.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family