“We actually had a good time”
Review of Studios Lotos

Studios Lotos
Studios Lotos
Ranked #14 of 33 Speciality Lodging in Potos
Bucharest, Romania
“We actually had a good time”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

We went there for the bike contest and for what we needed, it was actually a good stay. First of all, hotel's very bike friendly since in this period of the year, Potos is filled with cyclists. We had a good safe place to leave our bikes. I saw that some friends even put them on the balcony.

The room was pretty elegant, nice, clean furniture and very nice bathroom. The only thing annoying regarding the shower was that they didn't have a shower cabin or curtains, so after every shower we took, the bathroom became lake Lotos. :) But that was only lasting about five minutes. Yes , we didn't have wi-fi, but come-on, we were in vacation, we has sun and relaxing time and biking, we didn't want home conditions.

The hosts were very friendly to us, we talked every time we met and there were no money problems, everything was payed in advance. I
ndeed we didn't have a parking lot right in front of the hotel, but we easily found one in the hotel's vicinity.

No comments about the island itself, we did a tour and it was really spectacular. And quiet in this time of year., since it is only the very beginning of the season.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank veronica_stan

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Greek first
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We are looking for a hotel for the next summer and remembered how bad experience we had the last year. We didn’t want to leave a review immediately after we came back from Lotos (Thasos, Potos) last year since we were furious, but it looks like that we feel the same way even now in March 2013 (8 months later). We wrote our experience for ourselves so we don’t forget it but we believe that we should share it since there was no response to our problems ever.
There are many things that I need to address so I will try to keep it short.
Building, pool and room furniture look pretty new and they keep them clean. We found a TV shelf to be broken as soon as we arrived and they fixed it pretty quickly. That was good.
However,
1. At the arrival we spoke to the wife of the owner (she is the owner too) and we wanted to be done with a payment for the room rent but she asked for more money than what we agreed for through the emails (we just paid a deposit before we arrived through a bank wire). I didn't want to pay extra, and then we began to persuade each other who is right, in front of my child. Very bad picture. Finally she agreed to go into office to check emails (which took her some 15 minutes) and came back with a price we agreed upon a few weeks before. No receipt, of course. I should take this situation as an alarm but I didn't.
2. There are several owners at the property, so it's hard to get a person that would answer your questions promptly and directly (owner and his wife, than his sister who is the owner of the other half of the building, and their father who helps them with maintenance).
3. Forget about Wi-Fi internet if you aren’t close to their office. I could reach neighboring access points (their names: OTEddf413, Belkin.7AA1, Makedonia Hotel,...) but if I wanted to connect to the one that Lotos provided I would have to go down to the pool and sit there. Their Wi-Fi couldn't cover the whole building. We were on the second floor, on the corner. No help from the owners regarding this problem.
4. There is very limited parking space bellow the building which is mainly used by Lotos’s owners. We parked there once and they chased us immediately to go and re-park somewhere else. Convenient for your guests, isn't it? :-( I've been told by the owner’s father to park in the neighboring area bellow some trees. But he didn't tell me that those trees have some resin/gum that falls off the trees. He is a local and should have told me to avoid it. When I told him about it he gave me an advice to scrub it off and to do it firmly since it is hard to remove it. Thanks! It’s still on my car…
5. Regarding bathroom, we've found some worms/maggots in the tile corners and crawling on grout. They were coming out from the floor drain, due to the humidity, some areas of the bathroom couldn’t get dry.
6. As a cherry on a pie, 500 euros disappeared from our room. We called for police, but forget about Greek police helping tourists. Especially in a small town like this where everybody knows everybody…. Immediately we were told that we probably misplaced money and that is impossible that cleaning people or owners could have any part in the problem. Than he told us that we probably put the bag too close to the window and that we forgot closing it (somebody reached from the corridor on the outer side of the building, second floor,…) Yeah, right… Owners themselves told policeman that it is nearly impossible that somebody unnoticed gets to that area of the building but it wasn’t them for sure  Policeman didn’t even remove his sunglasses WHILE HE WAS IN THE ROOM “during the search”, that’s how thoroughly he did his job. We were lucky that this amount was just our backup money for a case that we need some extra so we could get through the vacation, if we can call this a vacation. Reason for having cash with us is scarce ATM network on Thasos with shops and restaurants that rarely accept credit cards. Of course, Lotos’s owners didn’t tell us about safe-box that we could use before problem occurred. Policeman told us to come to the police station and give a statement, but they didn’t give me a copy of it, or send me any response or info regarding our problem.
Lotos can be a nice place, but be careful and don’t expect anything special. We are getting ready to go to Greece again, not to Lotos of course, but with way lower expectations and more alert of surrounding. There are good people and bad people wherever you go on this planet, but we’ll try to have a better experience next time. We are family of four – two adults and two little kids (3 and 5 yrs old).

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family