“Hotel needs attention!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Agios Georgios
Bronkhorstspruit
“Hotel needs attention!”
Reviewed 24 January 2012

The hotel has a general run down appearance.

The water features outside the entrance need to be cleaned!

The lift does not work and we are told that it has not worked for four months?

It is advertised that there is WiFi but for the 8 days that we were there it was not working and we had to stand at the reception counter and plug into their computer.

On two days our room was not serviced and on a third day we complained
and then someone came and cleaned it.

Breakfast started OK but less and less was offered the longer we stayed.

The staff were very nice and did their best to help us.

Reading all the positive reviews makes us wonder if we are talking about the same hotel!!!

We would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Book in for a couple of nights and then decide if you are going to stay on.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank samankanga

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I booked this place via gonorthcyrus.com as the room rate was cheap and the hotel had good reviews on this site. The upside to the hotel was that it was very good value for money and the room had a view of the sea and the mountains. The room was clean and useable. However, the shower facilities were hard to use because there was mould around the shower tray. The bathroom needed refurbishment as there was a lot of fair wear and tear, - it would be so easy to fix that I am surprised it has not been. The staff were mostly helpful but there were days when my room was not cleaned. The room was also cold (I went in winter) so my recommendation is that travellers take warm clothing. The rooms were also noisy as the door was not sound-proofed. However, I took ear plugs with me so managed to get some sleep, Most of the noise died down in the evening so the noise was not too problematic. The hotel location is convenient for those who have hired a car otherwise the hotel is a "little of the beaten track" and hard to get to without a car. Overall, the hotel was okay but I would not recommend it to others.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Yasminka21
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2011

We spent two happy weeks at Mountain View in October with dear friends from near Coventry and were delighted with the service and facilities provided by the friendly staff and family management. Our rooms in the main building were really nice and kept immaculately clean with fresh towels and sheets provided virtually every day by a rather shy but lovely lady. The food was excellent - better than we would normally expect from a 3 star hotel. The outside space. the pool and the poolbar are the sort of facilties one only finds in 4 star hotels and the service was also at this level - special thanks to "SuperRahman" for his exceptional service! We stayed on a B & B base and found the location very convenient to explore the area for both sightseeing and occasional eating out, with 3 or 4 very good restaurants within walking distance. We would definitely return to Mountain View AND reccommend it as excellent value for money. PS Jungle and Jackson the hotel dogs are great company too!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
london
Reviewed 8 November 2011

dear fellow trip advisor readers I have just read a poor review on a hotel I have just revisited for the 2nd time in the last 3 years and am planning to return in may 2012 with my family i find this family run hotel has, cooprative managment and friendly staff and is in the top 3 I,ve visited they had refurbished parts of the hotel since my last visit in 2009 the rooms are clean as are the villas the food is and was excellent the pool and pool bar is manned all day and evening the pool is cleaned daily and pool side is relaxing with superstores nearby.My partner and I would not stay anywhere else and would delay our trip if they could not accomadate us on our 1st chioce date we were so shocked to read the poor review I felt we must write are you sure these people went to this hotel.

Room Tip: Villas are excellent for all day sun
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LordCharles40
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2011

My Husband and I and two friends have just spent two weeks at Mountain View, and we felt very much at home from the moment we arrived which was quite late at night. We were offered food and drink which we gladly accepted and didn't expect at that late hour.Our first visit to Northern Cyprus we were wondering what to expect but not dissapointed.Rooms always kept clean and tidy by a very pleasant lady I would have not enjoyed working in that heat.Had the pleasure of meeting Sue the owner a lovely lady.All the staff were great and we felt if we had any problems they would be there to help.We wouldn't have a problem returning.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Dot S
Cannock
Reviewed 22 October 2011

We've been to Mountain View 4 times now in successive years.
That in itself speaks volumes I think?
Inevitably over a period of time small things can arise in any Hotel. The secret is dealing with them , rather than letting them become big issues.
Mountain View has been running for some years and some of the fixtures and facilities became a little tired. Wonderfully clean Hotel, good service and lovely people. Staff and Guests !
They've taken the initiative and the areas needing attention have begun getting them. Not a major refurbishment that interferes with Holidays but bit by bit .
The weather was much hotter this year ( 1st 2 weeks of September ) but still very pleasant and we had a great time.
So many of the Guests return year after year that it is pleasant to know that there will always be a familiar face - our own included now I suppose?

A good combination of pleasant location, excellent facilities and caring Staff and Management.

And yes, we'll be back next year !

Room Tip: We always prefer the Bungalows/Villas. They are large, well fitted and give a beautiful view of all...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PeterGibbs
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I'm not sure what hotel these lot have been to but after holidaying in Cyprus in June this year with my friend. I decided to book Mountain View hotel for a second time this year. I went with my partner, this time in September, after telling him what a great time we had, he wanted to try it out. The weather was absolutely perfect and we was not disappointed by the hotel at all. We felt so much at home, when you first walk in to the hotel you are greeted by a clean and trendy reception which leads out to the outside dining area with views of the mountains and pool. We had lovely romantic dinners by the pool side and enjoyed cooling of in the pool with the wonderful views and scenery around us.

The pool area is beautiful and there is always enough sunbeds for everyone and great service to. The owners were always extremely helpful and so welcoming. Our room had a mountain and sea view which was absolutely stunning and our room was clean and comfortable. The owners also recommended eating in their restaurant 'Cine Miles' , its in the town of Kyrenia and in a good location, the food was lovely, a great price and it had an excellent atmosphere. After dinner, we was able to stroll down to the harbour a romantic strip of bars along side an historic harbour, with views of the Kyrenia castle. It really is beautiful.

The hotel is in a great location, close to some lovely beaches, the beautiful town Kyrenia and castles. I definitely recommend the St. Hilarion castle, this castle was used to base the Walt Disney castle, its a bit of a walk with lots of stairs to climb but it is very worth it, you can see a lot of the Island from the very top its an amazing site. After days out on the beach and visiting the local sites, it was always lovely coming back to the hotel to chill out in the evenings, where we had some lovely dinners in their outside dinning area.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a relaxing, clean, and welcoming place to stay whilst visiting North Cyprus. My partner and I will definitely be going back for another visit and would like to thank the owners and staff for making our holiday one to remember.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
#20 of 30 in Kyrenia
Manolya Hotel
Manolya Hotel
#1 of 7 in Lapta

Been to Mountain View Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!