We can only agree with previous guests that this is one of the friendliest hotels you could ever hope to stay at. Sue and her staff are so pleasant and helpful, and will do their utmost to make your stay enjoyable (just don't ask Sue for directions on a map - she thought the sea was the sky!!!). The hotel rooms are extremely clean with everything you need, and a kettle and cups can be provided if you ask. Our balcony overlooked the rear of the hotel and the mountains - what an amazing view to wake up to. The gardens and pool are attractive and the sunbeds washed down every day (towels provided if you ask).
We stayed here for 3 weeks in Feb/March 2014 - we were half board the first 2 weeks and B&B for the third week and wished in the end we'd booked half-board for the last week too as it was hard to find somewhere else to compare. The breakfast was varied and plentiful and tried to cater for most tastes from platters of meat and cheese, cereal, fruit, salad, yoghurt, toast, any style of egg, a variety of breads and small pies (omelette or english breakfast available for a bit extra). The menu for the evening meals was a little limited due to the season and the hotel being quiet, but you only had to ask and they would offer an alternative with a smile (I'm vegetarian so they added an option every evening especially for me, and if I didn't fancy something they would readily change it).
The hotel is best suited to the 'more mature' guest as it is in quiet surroundings and 5-10 minutes walk up to the main road where there are some restaurants/bars/supermarkets and you can catch the dolmus into Kyrenia or to nearby villages, beaches and restaurants etc. At this time of year a lot of the nearby restaurants and bars were closed, so be prepared to walk a bit further or catch the bus to find something that is open. We managed to find the Castle Pub open at weekends which was very friendly and a 10-15 minute along the coastal path takes you to the very scenic Kervan bar/restaurant on a cliff overlooking the bay (by the Merit Park Hotel). Silver Rocks at Lapta opened at the beginning of March and the food there was amazing - I can thoroughly recommend, and if you fancy something a bit different you should try Aphrodite which is run by a rather eccentric 'Turkish Dancer' who I'm told invites his horse or donkey in to meet you as a special treat!
Thanks again to Sue, Hafis, Esther, John and the rest of the team for making our stay so enjoyable and so much fun (we may be back if you can cope with us again!) Thanks also to fellow guests Steve and Anne, Donkey Dave and Tish, Michael and Mary for giving us so many laughs and making our holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mountain View Hotel is a 3 star family-run holiday hotel located west of Kyrenia. We're just 5 minutes drive from the city center and a few minutes’ walk from the beach. We pride ourselves in being a family-run hotel for over 10 years; our aim is to make our customers always feel at home with us. People prefer our family-style hotel because of the quietness, privacy and friendly environment we offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, GoNorthCyprus, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your Mountain View Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain View Hotel And Villas
- Mountain View Kyrenia
- Hotel Mountain View
- Mountain View Hotel & Villas Cyprus/Agios Georgios