“Good Value for Money”
Review of Topset Hotel

Topset Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Agios Georgios
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Its a very quiet hotel, with amazing views and very friendly staff.

The room we had was a massive split level room, with a lounge area downstairs and bedroom upstairs. The only issue we had was with the showers.

The area is very quiet, if your looking to party a lot this isn't the hotel for you.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank McOzzy83

Reviewed 9 September 2012

Stayed here for one week in August with my 13 year old son and all I can say is thank god we were meeting friends who also stayed there or our week would've been ruined. The hotel itself is very basic which is fine but it could do with a bit of modernising, however the rooms are clean and the majority of the staff friendly. A couple of the younger waiters could be quite rude in my opinion and seemed to only have time for Turkish or Dutch people. No one explained how things worked at this hotel which I considered to be quite poor, thankfully my friends had arrived before us so they filled us in. The pool was fab (apart from the amount of bleach [YES BLEACH!] that they poured into it in the evening, as for their private beach then the owner should arrange to have it cleaned! The menu needs to be more varied and I think it was a bit pricey for what it was. The area is quite rural so if you like to eat and go to bed at 10pm on your holidays you might like to book here as not a lot happening! An interesting fact is that when I was speaking with a young man from Holland he was telling me how cheaply he got his bed and breakfast week for....roughly converted to £270....I paid £515 each!!!!! If I had paid the same as this guy I wouldn't be complaining! The Dutch people were very friendly and the majority of the waiters were really nice so thank you to them. Don't think I will be returning as not enough happening for me. The toilets around the pool are to be desired as no light in the ladies so if you wanted to visit in the evening you had to return to your room or go in darkness, and yes we did report it but nothing was done. As for the mens toilets, my son went in there when we arrived and it wasn't in a very nice condition (I won't elaborate...you can use your imagination!). And yes it is true that if they see you taking in your own food or drink they will stop you.....what is that all about?????

Room Tip: I have been told that the rooms that are on split levels are actually nicer than the other ones
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Treza64
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This is one of my favourite places and I always think warmly about it. it is a very quiet hotel situated in a beautiful garden by the beach. The rooms were basic, but we had clean towels and sheets. Every day we made use of the breakfast buffet and a few times we also had dinner at the hotel. The food was basic, but good. Eating your breakfast on the terrace overlooking the sea is really great. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
It is a perfect place for a do-nothing-holiday as it is so peaceful and quiet there. During our stay there were only 2 kids in the hotel. Keep in mind that you will be hearing prayers from the nearby mosque, but for us it only added to the charm of the place.
There is a supermarket within a walking distance and it is also very easy to access Kyrenia, as you just have to stop one of the special cars by the main road. There is also a very nice eatery right next to the hotel, where we had dinners frequently.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Zuzanna F
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We only stayed overnight in this hotel which has a lovely seafront location with friendly staff, good size rooms but the cleaning is not up to standard.

Room Tip: If you are not going to party then ask for a room away from the pool area.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Trevor1u
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I found this a relaxed hotel. Not a high standard, but good value for money. The staff was very friendly and rooms were cleaned every day. Breakfast is very basic: bread, tomatoes, halloumi cheese, but there's always the option to order a full English as well. Staff was very friendly and helpfull some of them were a great laugh..!
The hotel is away from the lively city centre, thus giving you the rest you need on a holiday. A 20 mins minibus (dolmus) ride will get you in the city centre at a cost of 2,5 Lira, which is less than a Euro. Food is great and fixed menues are excellent. (Also check the restaurant on the other side of the beach).

Room Tip: Rule is that your room will be cleaned if you leave your room-keys at the reception. The cleaning la...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank WillemN
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Went there last year for a week (tour including flight, transfer from airport en lodging and breakfast) for an incredibly low rate. The rooms were fine (considering that rate) and I thought there was a good cleaning). Location is on the one hand not good (Kyrenia only to be reached by Dolmus or taxi, shabby area), on the other hand in a nice garden and just on the sea (although nothing one could really call a beach). Breakfast was quite simple, but again looking to the rate fine for me and if desired one could order extra's like eggs.
Dinners were mediocre, staff especially the bar man was great!. The only weird thing is the behaviour of the owner, who can be quite grumpy and the one thing I never experienced before: checks on food and drinks in the rooms: I heard from other guests that if anything was found it was confiscated.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank trainriderUtrecht
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I travelled with another female friend and we found the hotel to be ideal for us, it was very quiet and tranquil, just what we needed to recharge our batteries. The evening food is very well cooked and changed every night, sitting with the sound of the sea lapping up made it even more enjoyable, not to mention the Gin & Tonics! We were not disturbed by the mosque and thought it added to the atmosphere and culture. The staff were friendly and helpful and worked long hours. The owner liked his footy on TV in the evening but was never rude to us. Overall a tranquil oasis which is suited to the more mature traveller, there is no evening entertainment but Kyrenia is a quick taxi ride away.

• Stayed: September 2011
Manolya Hotel
Manolya Hotel
#1 of 7 in Lapta
Denizkizi & Denizkizi Royal Hotel
Denizkizi & Denizkizi Royal Hote...
#2 of 8 in Alsancak - Karavas
Club Simena
Club Simena
#1 of 1 in Karsiyaka
The Villa Club Hotel
The Villa Club Hotel
#19 of 30 in Kyrenia

Been to Topset Hotel? Share your experiences!