This hotel must well be contender for the worst in the Peak district.
The welcome was non existant the reception area scruffy the bedroom cramped and gloomy with a TV with such poor picture that it was unviewable. The ensuite had the most appallinging noisy plumbing I have ever come across -I can't make any comment on the evening meal as there is no way I could be induced to try a meal in this grubby establishment - Despite have driven 150 mile to get to this establishement I drove a further ten miles to find a decent restaurant in Bakewell. The breakfast looked awful too - I stuck to a cup of coffee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Charles Cotton Hotel is located in the beautiful village of Hartington (made famous by its cheese-making) in the stunning Peak District National Park, which can be easily reached from any part of the country. Since taking over the hotel in 2010 we have refurbished the restaurants and bar, and are designing each room to provide a sumptuous and relaxing place to stay. Outside, we have our new continental terrace dining and seating area - perfect for al fresco meals or for simply enjoying a relaxing drink. Whether you visit the Charles Cotton for a short break, lunch or dinner, or simply for coffee with friends, you'll find a relaxing place where you can really unwind. Its A Must! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Charles Cotton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charles Cotton Hartington
- Hotel Charles Cotton
- Charles Cotton Hotel Hartington, Peak District National Park