We came here for 2 nights after getting married for our mini-moon. The hotel looks great and being an old building lots of the architecture is....old. But it is nicely decorated, has a nice bar and breakfast room.
Our room was smaller than I thought but actually very nice, clean and well presented. The bathroom was pokey and not pristine but good enough. Power shower would be nice.
The breakfasts are superb, although we did have to wait 40 minutes for eggs benedict on morning 2. Dinner was included too, and the menu was good, though it was the chefs first night.
The dinners were very well cooked and plenty of it, though I hate paying extra for vegetables!
Suggestions for food, burgers should have toppings, or pickles, or both, it was a bit dry.
mushrooms were a little dry.
Onion rings were great, as was the pork and the steak!
Staff were very good, even gave us complimentary prosecco as we were just married! It was very quiet and We enjoyed our stay immensely, we went for a good 3 hour walk into dovedale, despite the drizzle. it was nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Charles Cotton Hotel is located in the beautiful village of Hartington (made famous by its cheese-making) in the stunning Peak District National Park, which can be easily reached from any part of the country. Since taking over the hotel in 2010 we have refurbished the restaurants and bar, and are designing each room to provide a sumptuous and relaxing place to stay. Outside, we have our new continental terrace dining and seating area - perfect for al fresco meals or for simply enjoying a relaxing drink. Whether you visit the Charles Cotton for a short break, lunch or dinner, or simply for coffee with friends, you'll find a relaxing place where you can really unwind. Its A Must! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Charles Cotton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charles Cotton Hartington
- Hotel Charles Cotton
- Charles Cotton Hotel Hartington, Peak District National Park