Just returned from a nice relaxing break at the Charles Cotton Hotel. Room was adequate though far from being plush but clean and tidy. Pub was quiet but beer was good and breakfast was very nice. The walk recommended was very enjoyable and not too strenuous, just enough to enjoy countryside and build up appetite for tea.
Staff were welcoming and friendly too.
Slightly overpriced but all in all an enjoyable weekend.
We think the other negative reviews were just being picky and would probably be better off stopping at a Hilton !!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Charles Cotton Hotel is located in the beautiful village of Hartington (made famous by its cheese-making) in the stunning Peak District National Park, which can be easily reached from any part of the country. Since taking over the hotel in 2010 we have refurbished the restaurants and bar, and are designing each room to provide a sumptuous and relaxing place to stay. Outside, we have our new continental terrace dining and seating area - perfect for al fresco meals or for simply enjoying a relaxing drink. Whether you visit the Charles Cotton for a short break, lunch or dinner, or simply for coffee with friends, you'll find a relaxing place where you can really unwind. Its A Must! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Charles Cotton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charles Cotton Hartington
- Hotel Charles Cotton
- Charles Cotton Hotel Hartington, Peak District National Park