I choose a single room because this was not much more than a dorm bed on arrival I was pleasantly surprised to get a dorm room to myself with my own shower and a toilet just outside the room. The building was amazing almost felt like a grand hotel.......although remember it's a hostel you do have to make your own beds! The staff were very friendly and made some recommendations for walks
I ate at the restaurant the food was ok, nothing special but a reasonable price. Breakfast great value. My only fault was that the kitchen was in a separate building which meant if I wanted to make a cup of tea without buying one I had to go outside in the rain. A games room and outdoor play area for children so great for families but at the same time even though it was half term I didn't feel surrounded by screaming kids. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Log fires, oak panelling and adventure playground - all make this 17th century manor house perfect for weekend breaks in Derbyshire. Did you know that Bonnie Prince Charlie even slept here? The hostel is in a lovely, unspoilt area - great for activity breaks, walking holidays and cycling holidays. Use this great accommodation as a base to explore Alton Towers and Chatsworth House nearby. If you're looking at wedding venues in Derbyshire, you can get married at YHA Hartington Hall, have the hall as a magnificent backdrop to your photos, and then stay in our self-contained suite 'The Roost'. Don't miss the pets area and games room - great for family fun. Good home-cooked meals are available in our restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Odigeo, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, Hotels.com and LateRooms so you can book your YHA Hartington Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hartington Hall Hotel Hartington
- YHA Hartington Hall Peak District National Park