Two adults and two older teens - just returned home from a Fri/Sat night stay at Hartington Hall YHA. We'd never used a youth hostel before - cost being a deciding factor on this birthday get together - so weren't sure what to expect. However, it was superb in every respect - friendly, and very helpful staff with a great can-do attitude, excellent facilities, and, best of all, some lovely communal rooms to relax in. There were lots of young families which added to the warm atmosphere. The bedroom was very clean and the four of us had two very comfortable nights' sleep in our bunks! Breakfast and our Sat night evening meal was great value for money and tasty. By the way, this is the first time I've felt compelled to write a review on Trip Advisor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Log fires, oak panelling and adventure playground - all make this 17th century manor house perfect for weekend breaks in Derbyshire. Did you know that Bonnie Prince Charlie even slept here? The hostel is in a lovely, unspoilt area - great for activity breaks, walking holidays and cycling holidays. Use this great accommodation as a base to explore Alton Towers and Chatsworth House nearby. If you're looking at wedding venues in Derbyshire, you can get married at YHA Hartington Hall, have the hall as a magnificent backdrop to your photos, and then stay in our self-contained suite 'The Roost'. Don't miss the pets area and games room - great for family fun. Good home-cooked meals are available in our restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers and LateRooms so you can book your YHA Hartington Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hartington Hall Hotel Hartington
- YHA Hartington Hall Peak District National Park