We had a fabulous stay at Hartington Hall a few years ago so we didn't hesitate to come back with our friends. I have to say that we still enjoyed our stay this time around but I have to admit I was a bit disappointed with the overall condition and facilities. The big disappointment (especially at this time of the year) was the main hall wood burner was out of action and has been since December according to a member of staff. The games room had a number of activities out of order and the boiling water tap in the self-catering kitchen was also not functioning with all of us fighting over just one domestic kettle. We had a decent room but again it looked a little shabby and in need of a refurb and being directly above the kitchen the early morning "noises" woke us up. On the whole the staff were very friendly and helpful although the lady on reception didn't seemed pleased to see us when we first checked in...a blip i'm sure because our experience of YHA staff has always been a fantastic bunch of people. My recommendation is very simply that someone needs to go through the hostel with a clipboard and note down all the defects and get them fixed ASAP...especially the wood burner!
Don't let this review dampen your desire to visit Hartington Hall. It's a beautiful old house with loads of character and in a lovely spot in the Peak District, full of lovely other hostelers and great YHA staff all there to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Log fires, oak panelling and adventure playground - all make this 17th century manor house perfect for weekend breaks in Derbyshire. Did you know that Bonnie Prince Charlie even slept here? The hostel is in a lovely, unspoilt area - great for activity breaks, walking holidays and cycling holidays. Use this great accommodation as a base to explore Alton Towers and Chatsworth House nearby. If you're looking at wedding venues in Derbyshire, you can get married at YHA Hartington Hall, have the hall as a magnificent backdrop to your photos, and then stay in our self-contained suite 'The Roost'. Don't miss the pets area and games room - great for family fun. Good home-cooked meals are available in our restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your YHA Hartington Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hartington Hall Hotel Hartington
- YHA Hartington Hall Peak District National Park