This place has it all. The Hall has antiquity and a superb rural setting. It has excellent staff who are cheerful and so helpfully friendly. The chef is brilliant as evidenced by his creations - don't miss the curry nights!
We stayed (26th March 2014 3 nights) in The Roost and will again as often as possible. It's an ideal base for exploration of Derbyshire and Staffs, or just walking the hills and lanes.
The bar stocks some excellent real ales at a price too good to miss. We sat in the tranquil gardens with a beer each and just soaked up the whole history and serenity of the Hall - not to mention the views.
This really is a hotel par excellence and at prices it's rude not to. We joined YHA this time (had done Ilam Hall last September) and we saved £18 off the £25 per annum subscription, by member discount!
Only downside - check before you book that there are no large parties of children stopping. They were VERY noisy and detracted from the tranquillity. Otherwise perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Log fires, oak panelling and adventure playground - all make this 17th century manor house perfect for weekend breaks in Derbyshire. Did you know that Bonnie Prince Charlie even slept here? The hostel is in a lovely, unspoilt area - great for activity breaks, walking holidays and cycling holidays. Use this great accommodation as a base to explore Alton Towers and Chatsworth House nearby. If you're looking at wedding venues in Derbyshire, you can get married at YHA Hartington Hall, have the hall as a magnificent backdrop to your photos, and then stay in our self-contained suite 'The Roost'. Don't miss the pets area and games room - great for family fun. Good home-cooked meals are available in our restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, HostelWorld and LateRooms so you can book your YHA Hartington Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hartington Hall Hotel Hartington
- YHA Hartington Hall Peak District National Park