We stayed here on a two night KGB deal.
The staff were friendly and welcoming on arrival. We were shown to our room (number 9) which was in a converted building behind the pub.
The room was spacious, clean and comfortable with a well stocked hospitality tray. The bathroom had a walk in shower although the shower was a bit feeble at times.
A 2 course meal was included in the deal which we had on the first night. There was a good choice and the option of paying a supplement for steaks etc. We chose creamy garlic mushrooms and bread & olives selection as our starters. Both were excellent quality and very tasty. For main courses we chose Hartington Chicken and Ribeye Steak (steak was £5 extra to pay). Again, perfectly cooked and beautifully presented. The homemade chips are to die for!
Breakfast was served between 8 & 10am in the conservatory at the back of the pub. The usual juice, cereals, fruit & yogurt to choose from as well as cooked food. The full english was spot on & served with toast.
We opted to eat there again on our second night and was not disappointed.
The start of the Manifold Trail is a few minutes walk from the Manifold Inn and its a fairly level surface for walking & cycling.
The village of Hartington is a short drive away and has a few shops and a couple of pubs as well as the Hartington Cheese Shop.
In the other direction, Warslow is a few minutes drive away and the pub there also serves food.
We would recommend this place for a quiet get away with friendly staff and excellent food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Manifold Inn is a delightful 200 year old coaching inn and restaurant that offers warm hospitality and quality home cooked food for visitors to the beautiful White Peak. The mellow stone inn is positioned within its own grounds nestling on the banks of the Manifold River, opposite The Old Toll House which used to serve the turnpike and river ford. This beautiful listed building is positioned close to a number of popular walking and cycling routes, including the Manifold Trail, set amongst the famous Staffordshire Moorlands and Derbyshire Dales which offer some of England's most natural and unspoilt scenery. The Manifold Inn is the perfect place to use as a base for exploring the surrounding natural countryside of the White Peak area or to visit the local Market towns of Bakewell & Ashbourne or Spa towns of Buxton & Matlock and their surrounding attractions. Open all year round and all days most of the year we offer our guests a range of Ales, Larger, Cider, Wines and Soft Drinks. We serve a traditional English Breakfast to guests and in the Summer to Campers. A Lunch Menu is available and during the Summer a Snack Menu if you are just looking for a quick bite to eat. A full Dinner Menu and Wine List is available to be served in our Bar, Conservatory, Snug or Restaurant. We can cater for Dinner Party groups for around 40 guests. We offer 10 en-suite hotel rooms and a 2 bedroom holiday cottage to guests. We often have bookings from large family groups attending a birthday and wedding or walking and cycling groups who want to get to together and enjoy a weekend in the beautiful local area around the River Manifold. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your The Manifold Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Manifold Hotel Hartington
- The Manifold Inn Hartington, Peak District National Park