We booked a 2 night stay at the Manifold inn as a quiet weekend getaway, it provided the perfect base for walking and cycling in the local area, which was beautiful, helped by fantastic weather!
Booking over the phone was easy and the lady taking the booking was friendly and helpful, advising us to book a table for dinner to avoid dissappointment.
On arrival, late on Friday evening, the bar and restaurant areas were clearly busy but the manager found time to check us in and show us to our room.
The room (no.3) which is situated upstairs in a seperate block behind the pub, was clean and well decorated with a very comfortable double bed. Clean sheets and towels were provided, good tea and coffee making facilities and a small wall mounted TV. It was quiet and relaxing and we slept very well. Plenty of hot water for showers in the morning and evening.
Service in the bar area took some time as it was very busy but all staff were friendly.
Breakfast was served between 8.30 and 9.30 and was tasty but quite greasy! Cerial, juice, toast, tea and coffee also provided, along with full English. We asked for scrambled eggs and crispy bacon the following morning which was delicious, however brown bread would have been nice.
The manager clearly worked very hard, he was there to serve breakfast and dinner, always friendly and helpful, and is an asset to the pub.
The dining room in the restaurant was beautifully decorated and well furnished, providing a tranquil and romantic setting for dinner, which was tasty traditional food. The steak and ale pie was delicious, and generous portions! The perfect end to a long day of walking.
This place was a real find, old country pub with modern accommodation, in a beautiful setting. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would reccommend staying here, we will definately be back, Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Manifold Inn is a delightful 200 year old coaching inn and restaurant that offers warm hospitality and quality home cooked food for visitors to the beautiful White Peak. The mellow stone inn is positioned within its own grounds nestling on the banks of the Manifold River, opposite The Old Toll House which used to serve the turnpike and river ford. This beautiful listed building is positioned close to a number of popular walking and cycling routes, including the Manifold Trail, set amongst the famous Staffordshire Moorlands and Derbyshire Dales which offer some of England's most natural and unspoilt scenery. The Manifold Inn is the perfect place to use as a base for exploring the surrounding natural countryside of the White Peak area or to visit the local Market towns of Bakewell & Ashbourne or Spa towns of Buxton & Matlock and their surrounding attractions. Open all year round and all days most of the year we offer our guests a range of Ales, Larger, Cider, Wines and Soft Drinks. We serve a traditional English Breakfast to guests and in the Summer to Campers. A Lunch Menu is available and during the Summer a Snack Menu if you are just looking for a quick bite to eat. A full Dinner Menu and Wine List is available to be served in our Bar, Conservatory, Snug or Restaurant. We can cater for Dinner Party groups for around 40 guests. We offer 10 en-suite hotel rooms and a 2 bedroom holiday cottage to guests. We often have bookings from large family groups attending a birthday and wedding or walking and cycling groups who want to get to together and enjoy a weekend in the beautiful local area around the River Manifold. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Manifold Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Manifold Hotel Hartington
- The Manifold Inn Hartington, Peak District National Park