This was the second to last place we stayed on a two week driving tour of central europe, we stayed in a different hotel every night, including a guesthouse in Wimbach (nearby).
This is a modern hotel with an excellent location and breakfast. The breakfast was probably the best of our holiday. Unfortunately the room reminded me of an Ibis we stayed in at an airport awaiting a flight (nothing wrong with an Ibis at Ibis prices). The biggest disappointment was the noise overnight within the room, which is advertised as being soundproof. We could hear the guest in the neighbouring room making a phone call but this was nothing compared to the noise of the F1 circus packing up and being removed as the truck racing was arriving, the whole night truck movements and horns could be heard.
The Wellness Centre was also a little bit of a disappointment having no pool or jacuzzi of any description, despite having plenty of space for one! I really think a hotel of this alleged caliber should have a swimming pool.
Also thought this hotel overlooked the track, however it is built behind a beautiful concrete grand stand so you get track glimpses rather than views.
The staff ranged from excellent to ignorant. The lady that checked us in was friendly however the other two receptionists could barely muster a forced smile when eye contact was made. The staff in the breakfast room were (I'm pleased to say!) excellent to go with the breakfast, extremely attentive in providing anything that wasn't available from the buffet. The woman that checked us out was also very friendly. Unfortunately the impression made by the check in and evening stuff couldn't be undone by the others.
I have to rate this as terrible as the guesthouse we stayed at in Wimbach offered a much warmer welcome, more generous accommodation, far more peace and a quarter of the price.
Also this is a sparsely populated area with plenty of parking (enough to faciliate 100,000 F1 fans if necessary) and I think it's an absolute cheek for the most expensive hotel to charge for parking AND not tell you there is a charge and simply tell you to take a ticket, lucky we asked!
I have not stayed there but if I were to go track side at the nurburgring again I would stay at the Dorint Am Nuerburgring Hocheifel it seems to have proper track views, a swimming pool, same four star rating and a better price! It's also closer to the Nordschleife toll gate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The attractive world of the Nürburgring as well as the Lindner Congress & Motorsport Hotel Nürburgring are located on the start and finish line of Germany's most famous race track. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Lindner Congress & Motorsport Hotel Nuerburgring reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindner Congress And Motorsport Hotel Nuerburgring
- Lindner Congress & Motorsport Hotel Nuerburgring Germany/Nuerburg