This was one of the best experiences of our Scottish holiday- sleeping in an honest to goodness castle! Well over 400 years old, it was purchased by an English businessman and restored to be a B&B. Ronnie and Liz are wonderful hosts, and very busy! We heard that they are completely booked for the rest of 2013, with weddings galore. The scenery is stunning, looking over fields to the water. Breakfasts are served in the main hall with Celtic music playing. Scottish salmon and eggs are just too difficult to pass up! Ronnie gave us a tour of the castle, along with the history. You need to be in pretty good shape to climb those circular steps up to the guest rooms, and to keep up with Ronnie! It is also fun to see the secret passageways built into the castle walls! We will certainly return to the "Black Castle"!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barcaldine Castle offers something truly beautiful. A Scottish Castle set on the shores of Loch Creran with breathtaking views of the snow-capped mountains of Glencoe in early Spring to the golden colours of Autumn - a memorable experience awaits you.The sumptuous interiors are carefully designed to encourage our guests to immerse themselves in the atmosphere of relaxation. Unobtrusive and calm, we aim to make your stay as memorable as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Barcaldine Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcaldine Castle Hotel Benderloch
- Barcaldine Castle Benderloch, Scotland