What an amazing property! We chose Barcaldine Castle as we thought it would make for a memorable stay during our UK holiday and we weren't disappointed. The Castle was the perfect retreat as the Scottish winter served up lashings of rain and chilly winds, and Ronnie and Liz were wonderful hosts.
We loved learning about the history of the castle - from the hidden passages to the bottle dungeon - and appreciated the quirky features of our rooms like the turret dressing rooms and fortress style windows - as well as the 21st century touches like heated bathroom floors and DVD players.
Breakfast was fantastic - from the salmon and eggs through to the haggis and porridge and we really appreciated Ronnie's tips on local restaurants and sight seeing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barcaldine Castle offers something truly beautiful. A Scottish Castle set on the shores of Loch Creran with breathtaking views of the snow-capped mountains of Glencoe in early Spring to the golden colours of Autumn - a memorable experience awaits you.The sumptuous interiors are carefully designed to encourage our guests to immerse themselves in the atmosphere of relaxation. Unobtrusive and calm, we aim to make your stay as memorable as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Barcaldine Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcaldine Castle Hotel Benderloch
- Barcaldine Castle Benderloch, Scotland