My husband and I stayed 2 nights at Barcaldine Castle in the Caithness room. The catle is fairly isolated, so driving there we weren't quite sure what we had gotten ourselves in for. But it was the best place we stayed on our trip around the UK! Liz and Ronnie were very friendly hosts, and our room was beautiful - we had a bathroom complete with bath overlooking the loch, bathrobes were provided, the bed was incredibly comfortable. It has all been done in a very beautiful yet warm and comfortable way.
We had an early dinner in Oban on our first night so we could come home early and watch a dvd in our bathrobes (they do have a library of books and dvds you can borrow), the room was just so comfortable we were a bit reluctant to go out!
Breakfast was also delicious, and as other reviewers have mentioned, the Hawthorn is well worth a visit for dinner.
Compared to our other accommodation, Barcaldine was at the more expensive end of the scale, however for a night or two of luxury it's money well spent. And stay 2 nights, at least.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barcaldine Castle offers something truly beautiful. A Scottish Castle set on the shores of Loch Creran with breathtaking views of the snow-capped mountains of Glencoe in early Spring to the golden colours of Autumn - a memorable experience awaits you.The sumptuous interiors are carefully designed to encourage our guests to immerse themselves in the atmosphere of relaxation. Unobtrusive and calm, we aim to make your stay as memorable as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Barcaldine Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcaldine Castle Hotel Benderloch
- Barcaldine Castle Benderloch, Scotland