Following a trip from Australia, my wife and I stayed at Barcaldine in early August 2014.
Sitting in the sumptuous lounge of Barcaldine Castle surrounded by the vestiges of Campbell history whilst listening to our host Ronnie recount story after story of this enigmatic place just adds to the wonderful experience that is Barcaldine Castle. Add to this the wonderful meals prepared and served by his partner Liz and you have a recipe for a truly unforgettable experience. Each room is as unique as the castle. Each room is impeccably presented. While the castle is not exactly in a central location, the experience more than makes up for that.
Do yourself a favour and book a room for several nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barcaldine Castle offers something truly beautiful. A Scottish Castle set on the shores of Loch Creran with breathtaking views of the snow-capped mountains of Glencoe in early Spring to the golden colours of Autumn - a memorable experience awaits you.The sumptuous interiors are carefully designed to encourage our guests to immerse themselves in the atmosphere of relaxation. Unobtrusive and calm, we aim to make your stay as memorable as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Barcaldine Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcaldine Castle Hotel Benderloch
- Barcaldine Castle Benderloch, Scotland