“Decent chip shop”
Review of Trawlers

Trawlers
Ranked #3 of 19 Quick Bites in Abergele
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Friendly staff, quick service when I was there. I think the chips had been part cooked earlier for speed but I would sooner have waited longer for fresher food.

Date of visit: July 2013

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Was recommended this chipshop by my parents as we have a holiday home near by. I have tried all the take aways in Abergele and this was one of the best. It is a good old fashioned family run business. I had the home made chicken curry and chips, and the portion was very generous! We arrived about 3 mins to closing yet the owner welcomed us with a smile and was really appreciative of the business. Would recommend to anyone passing through or staying near by easily!

Date of visit: May 2013
1  Thank Simon C
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Being a veggie,I rarely get anything other than chips and either peas or curry from chip shops,which is because they usually cook ALL their fish,fishcakes,chicken,sausages etc
TOGETHER in the same oil!
NOT in Trawlers the don't........their cheese fryits are very,very tasty.I always get asked
if I'm veggie when I order them,then the lovely 'older'gentleman(owner) always cooks them
seperately for me!!! Which is great.Their portions are generous and there are always queues
so they must be doing something right.

Date of visit: April 2013
Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

Food portions arent that good could be better staff are friendly its very clean but i do think chips are abit greasy

Date of visit: February 2013
Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

Nice chips and even better home made chicken curry. My partner had fish and loved it. Nice friendly owner who always has a smile on his face. Shame his staff were not as friendly. Definately recommended.