The Kinmel
US$77
  • Pool
Talardy Hotel(St. Asaph)
US$91
Travelodge Colwyn Bay(Colwyn Bay)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
US$118
Plas Ifan(Prestatyn)
US$111
Priceline
Bryn Holcombe(Colwyn Bay)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsspa facilitiesamazing spagroupon dealsteam roomelemis productsluxury roomspa breakwedding venuewedding guestsnorth waleslambcourse mealafternoon teahydrotherapy pooltrouser pressmain restauranthigh standard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We stayed for a two night break, the location is ideal as it is just off the A55 expressway.
The hotel itself is a little tired, althought the room was reasonably clean and the staff were pleasant.
Plenty of noise comming from rooms above us with squeeky floorboards at 6AM !!!
Did not use the spa facilities but had room service twice and that was reasonable.
Would return but only if a cheap deal was available!

Room Tip: Squeeky floorboards above lower rooms, so get a room above the ground floor!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
red522147, General Manager at The Kinmel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Good morning nicoles3,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Kinmel Manor Hotel. Your feedback has been taken on board and as a result we will be replacing the floorboards from the upper levels on the next stage of redevelopment. This is due to take place within the next 4-6 weeks. We were aware they had started to creak more. I can only apologise for the inconvenience caused. The spa facilities, bedrooms and corridors are all due to be upgraded within the next few months. We hope that should you return you will be extremely pleased with the work carried out.

Best regards,

Tom

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Organised a late check in. My key left on the un-maned reception desk with a note. The door to my room was open and unlocked. Had to make my own bed before I could go to sleep. The room was in need of a good clean. Dirty marks all over the walls and most of the spiders in North Wales around the ceiling, judging by the amount of cobwebs. Very disappointing for £110 per night. Nobody seemed to care about my issues the following morning and no response to my email to the manager.

Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank David G
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

From the moment myself and my partner walked in the attitude we got from the staff at reception made me want to walk right back out ! It was obviously a chore for the young unkempt girl to speak to us let alone in a pleasant manner !! she had what looked like coffee spilt down her blouse, not the greeting we had expected. The room was spacious and well furnished apart from a sofa with a broken zip. The window had a view of a brick wall overall this was very dissapointing for what had been described as a 'superior room'. The barman Adrian was the only member of staff who came across as human and friendly. At dinner I ordered crab cakes as starters which were tiny and my partner who ordered the belly pork was informed by the girl with the coffee stained blouse that the chef had BURNT the last lot!!! Unbelievable!!!! The rest of the meal was of a nice meal of pub tea standard rather than restaurant. The sofas in the seating area had broken zips the same as in our room. At breakfast we were ignored and left standing around with staff avoiding any eye contact after we enquired should we take a seat? Is it self service ?We were informed yes and seated in a cramped noisy corner with loud music playing when there was a peaceful area in the sunshine that was empty. We went up to help ourselves only to find two filthy plates and no staff ! After finally tracking down the receptionist who was still wearing the coffee stained blouse we finally got two clean plates. At this point I was FUMING and decided to ask if we could move to the more peaceful area I was told yes this resulted in my partner and I making several trips back and forth from table to table with no help offered from the staff whatsoever !!! Felt completely unwelcome, extremely poor service!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
7  Thank Crystal2474

Good morning Crystal2474,

I have read through your review and have also managed to speak with the members of staff in question. I was pleased that you were happy with the quality of the room. I am aware that the room you were in has indeed had a sofa with a broken zip. Unfortunately this hadn't been reported to me until after your stay and is now on the renewal list for the new year. I am also aware that room you were in does not have a view. This is due to the initial lay out of the original Manor House and the subsequent developments since.

As mentioned I have spoken to the members of staff in question who did not offer you the level of friendliness and efficiency that I expect from all members of staff. This has been used to re-iterate the importance of hospitality. I apologise for this and can assure you that we pride ourselves on being friendly and efficient.

Should you wish to stay at the hotel on your next visit to North Wales please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Tom

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

One night here was enough. The reception fools you into thinking you're in for a treat. It cost £100 and we felt robbed.

The receptionist was lovely, she was quite new but knew what she was doing.

To get to the room we had to pass a little lobby that was very messy, was more like a store room. The room itself was ok. The paintwork around the window was peeling, the net was dirty and just not nice. The bed was uncomfortable. The bathroom was nice but the sink was awful, it was modern but the tap was loose and it basically just didn't work properly. The shower was good :)

The breakfast was nice BUT we were ignored by the male staff member with a tan and tight trousers. He eventually told us to find a table and we sat there for a good 10 minutes before a lovely lady spotted us and brought the plates, cups and cutlery to us. She was so polite. There was no atmosphere there at all. The tanned tight trousered staff member couldn't do enough to help the regulars but again ignored us.

Will not be visiting again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Roberts074
Reviewed 29 August 2013

PROS: Nice hotel surroundings - mountains and farms. Large parking space.

CONS: Too young and inattentive staff. Spooky hallways with smelly carpets. Faulty door 'lock', could get in our room only in 5 goes. Stained carpet in the room, dirty bedskirt. It feels like rooms are renewed recently but will need a facelift in half a year if cleaners don't pay attention. Overall room was ok. Awful pool with falling ceiling parts, disgusting sauna. I booked this hotel having in mind it does have a indoor pool and sauna in case it rains - thanks God it was sunny!!! Average breakfast with worlds worts coffee ever in grey color. Please book hotel somewhere else as it is not worth money. Abergele village is alright if you are 70+.

Room Tip: Ask for a renewed room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple