“Fantastic place for a 'Christmas do'”
Review of The Kinmel

The Kinmel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Abergele
Bodelwyddan, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place for a 'Christmas do'”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

40 of my work colleagues and myself had a fantastic night at the Kinmel Manor.
Great atmosphere, beautiful location and fantastic food. I'm a vegetarian and my meal was perfect.
Disco was ace, we will be back next year
Thank you to the staff at Kinmel Manor for taking such good care of my friends & me

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank elvbo
red522147, General Manager at The Kinmel, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Thank you for your review. We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed the festive Christmas party and shall look forward to welcoming you back at the end of this year. Thank you again for your continued support.

Tom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We had our work Christmas party at the kinmel manor sat night had a brilliant night function room tastefully decorated and looked great, food excellent which is not always the case with big numbers but lots of waiters/waitresses working nothing too much trouble and very attentive and efficient good dj dancing til late great atmosphere overall a really great night thanks to Tom and all his staff .

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Kristie12
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013

i went to a double wedding on 19/11/2013..it was so well organised...the staff couldnt do enough for everyone..the food was amazing...our room was a family room...so spacious and spotlessly clean...i also saw other rooms that other family were stayin in and they were all beautiful....the breakfast was lovely and like i say nothing was too much trouble.......we had a double buggy and doors were open for us when we struggled...we even left the babies rabbit blankey and they rang me at home to let me know and they are now posting it to me.....i would like to thank all the staff for making our stay a real pleasure.............julie and her family...macclesfield

Room Tip: the rooms are all spacious and spotless
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I wanted to take my girlfriend away for a romantic weekend away at the last minute. I scoured the internet and read all the reviews on hotels on the north wales coast. Although this hotel didn't have the most consist reviews I still opted for it as the pictures looked so nice. From the moment we walked in we we're greeted by a smiling informative young lady who made us feel extremely welcome. We booked a table in the brasserie for that evening, with the intention of eating out the following night. But we were both so blown away by the quality of food that we booked a table again for the second night and we weren't disappointed. Again we were welcomed by a smiling face who gave us special attention throughout our evening even though they were very busy in the brasserie. We will defiantly be coming back in fact we have already booked for New Year's Eve. Thanks to all the staff that made our weekend so special!

Room Tip: Belly pork starter is unbelievable
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We stayed for a two night break, the location is ideal as it is just off the A55 expressway.
The hotel itself is a little tired, althought the room was reasonably clean and the staff were pleasant.
Plenty of noise comming from rooms above us with squeeky floorboards at 6AM !!!
Did not use the spa facilities but had room service twice and that was reasonable.
Would return but only if a cheap deal was available!

Room Tip: Squeeky floorboards above lower rooms, so get a room above the ground floor!!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Good morning nicoles3,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Kinmel Manor Hotel. Your feedback has been taken on board and as a result we will be replacing the floorboards from the upper levels on the next stage of redevelopment. This is due to take place within the next 4-6 weeks. We were aware they had started to creak more. I can only apologise for the inconvenience caused. The spa facilities, bedrooms and corridors are all due to be upgraded within the next few months. We hope that should you return you will be extremely pleased with the work carried out.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Organised a late check in. My key left on the un-maned reception desk with a note. The door to my room was open and unlocked. Had to make my own bed before I could go to sleep. The room was in need of a good clean. Dirty marks all over the walls and most of the spiders in North Wales around the ceiling, judging by the amount of cobwebs. Very disappointing for £110 per night. Nobody seemed to care about my issues the following morning and no response to my email to the manager.

Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank David G
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

From the moment myself and my partner walked in the attitude we got from the staff at reception made me want to walk right back out ! It was obviously a chore for the young unkempt girl to speak to us let alone in a pleasant manner !! she had what looked like coffee spilt down her blouse, not the greeting we had expected. The room was spacious and well furnished apart from a sofa with a broken zip. The window had a view of a brick wall overall this was very dissapointing for what had been described as a 'superior room'. The barman Adrian was the only member of staff who came across as human and friendly. At dinner I ordered crab cakes as starters which were tiny and my partner who ordered the belly pork was informed by the girl with the coffee stained blouse that the chef had BURNT the last lot!!! Unbelievable!!!! The rest of the meal was of a nice meal of pub tea standard rather than restaurant. The sofas in the seating area had broken zips the same as in our room. At breakfast we were ignored and left standing around with staff avoiding any eye contact after we enquired should we take a seat? Is it self service ?We were informed yes and seated in a cramped noisy corner with loud music playing when there was a peaceful area in the sunshine that was empty. We went up to help ourselves only to find two filthy plates and no staff ! After finally tracking down the receptionist who was still wearing the coffee stained blouse we finally got two clean plates. At this point I was FUMING and decided to ask if we could move to the more peaceful area I was told yes this resulted in my partner and I making several trips back and forth from table to table with no help offered from the staff whatsoever !!! Felt completely unwelcome, extremely poor service!!!

• Stayed October 2013
7 Thank Crystal2474
Good morning Crystal2474,

I have read through your review and have also managed to speak with the members of staff in question. I was pleased that you were happy with the quality of the room. I am aware that the room you were in has indeed had a sofa with a broken zip. Unfortunately this hadn't been reported to me until after your stay and is now on the renewal list for the new year. I am also aware that room you were in does not have a view. This is due to the initial lay out of the original Manor House and the subsequent developments since.

As mentioned I have spoken to the members of staff in question who did not offer you the level of friendliness and efficiency that I expect from all members of staff. This has been used to re-iterate the importance of hospitality. I apologise for this and can assure you that we pride ourselves on being friendly and efficient.

Should you wish to stay at the hotel on your next visit to North Wales please do not hesitate to contact me.

Tom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abergele
Premier Inn Rhuddlan Hotel
Ruthin Castle Hotel
Waterloo Hotel
Waterloo Hotel
#2 of 7 in Betws-y-Coed

Been to The Kinmel? Share your experiences!