“Wedding Venue !!!! Not so Sure?” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Kinmel

The Kinmel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Abergele
Ruthin, United Kingdom
“Wedding Venue !!!! Not so Sure?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Well I have been to this hotel several times over the years for many various reasons, works do, kid’s football awards etc.

On this joyous occasion it was for my partner’s brother wedding, I was excited as I haven't been to a wedding for a while. The venue where the ceremony was held in the hotel was nicely dressed, chairs covered red carpet laid out. After the wedding service there was the traditional photos and so forth in between photos we were going to the bar for a drink and waiting around for the room to get set up for the wedding meal. I found the bar cold and very uninviting no music to create an atmosphere, I thought it might be me so I asked if anyone else was and a few said yes. We were called in for the meal and once again the room looked nice and the tables impressive, I thought this is going to be a good meal, the soup was lovely and came with a bread role, one of the party asked for another bread roll and was told there was no more the waiter didn't even go and check! We asked again if he would check and he did then come out with a couple. The main course was next I thought well it looks very small one rounded roast potato, two small pieces of chicken on a plate and some vegetable in a bowl that no one really touched just didn't taste that good ( I hate to criticize as I love food and I am easily please but was disappointed with the offering ) The pudding was next it was sticky toffee pudding my eyes lit up it was a good size portion, we then waited for the custard that never came , when asked about it there was a look of...... are you not happy and made you feel like you should not be asking for any. By now everyone was waiting for custard some started to eat it thinking there was none to be had about 10 minutes s or more one jug of custard came out for the entire room by the time there had served the other table and got to us it must have been 20 minutes I thought there must of been a custard shortage. We then went into the other part of the hotel for a disco and dancing which were fine as was the buffet. Nothing you would write home about. The main thing about this experience is that the bride and groom were happy so that made happy. If that had been my wedding day then it would have got a fifty out of 100 the reason I say this was because the bar was very cold earlier on until later, the service from the waiters wasn’t good, the food average considering this was someone’s wedding day. Would I use that venue again? Yes it serves a purpose but definitely not for an important event.

Room Tip: Don't ask for extra food unless you want to feel like Oliver twist :-) it is what it is cheap...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PatrickDouglas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Conwy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

We went to the Kinmel Manor for my birthday meal. I was very impressed with the outstanding service and the excellent quality of food. So much so that we have now booked our wedding at the Kinmel Manor! Excellent food, excellent staff - we could not fault anything! We look forward to celebrating our marriage at the Kinmel manor next year! Thank you xx

cheshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

stayed here Saturday night , to look at the outside of the hotel or manor it looks like a nursing home, inside its a mix of old and new doesn't really work for me , checked in only to be given a twin room so went back and got a double which was nicely refurbished, we ate in the restaurant the food was really nice and staff very helpful , the down side was the 50th birthday party, friends of the manager that went on till at least 6 o'clock in morning no respect for any 1 else shouting, banging doors arguing , in the morning the staff were all very apologetic and informed the manager , but no show no apologies and not to be seen proper coward in my book , so if your thinking of stopping here id make sure their isn't a party on, especially if the manager has any thing to do with it

Room Tip: pick one that's has soundproof
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank alan501
KinmelManor, General Manager at The Kinmel, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Good afternoon,

I write in response to your review above. I find some of your comments somewhat disheartening. But firstly, I thank you for your positive review of your meal and service in the Brasserie. I also apologise for your room not being the superior King that you reserved. We endeavour to make sure that any guests who are not with a function are in the quieter rooms at the rear of the hotel. This was our mistake and I take full responsibility for this.

I do feel that being called a coward over a review panel not the normal protocol. In the hotel industry we do try our very best as Managers to be on site at all times. I was however not on the premises at the time of your complaint to respond. I can assure you that had I been on site I would have no hesitation to speak to you in person to resolve any issues.

We are as always striving to improve and your constructive comments shall certainly be taken on board.
manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

We ate in the brasserie restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The whole experience was fantastic, the meal was good value for money and the excellent staff looked after us all evening. The presentation of the good was of a High standard, I would highly recommend this restaurant.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

2 day stay as I travelled up from Essex to photograph a wedding at the venue.

Check-in painless, all details taken over the phone recorded correctly, and soon in my room. Corridors looking a little tired but refurbishment work ongoing so they are obviously aware issues need attention. Room clean, well presented & spacious. Plenty of plug sockets to charge all the camera gear! Free wifi available.

Restaurant clean if a little soulless. Staff attentive but not over-bearing. Varied menu - I opted for the sirloin. Food well presented and full of flavour - clean plate and very satisfied customer. The local beer a perfect accompaniment.

Ordered the souffle for pud & informed immediately that as it was made to order it would take time to arrive - good to see knowledge staff. I was in no hurry so this was more than acceptable.

Second day of stay difficult to review as I spent the day working rather than taking time to relax!

Hugely enjoyable stay and would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We recently booked a lunch for our art society for about 20 people. The food was excellent, very well presented, and staff very helpful with a relaxed atmosphere. The three course meal with coffee to follow was very good value and we will certainly be booking again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
St. Asaph, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Went for a meal in the brasserie restaurant , and have to say the food was amazing.We had venison for main and the meat was cooked to absolute perfection.Will definitely be going here for food again..

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abergele
The Quay Hotel & Spa
#2 of 2 in St. Asaph
The Beaches Hotel
The Beaches Hotel
#2 of 3 in Prestatyn

Been to The Kinmel? Share your experiences!