The Kinmel
  • Pool
The Bee Hotel(Abergele)
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsspa facilitiesamazing spagroupon dealsteam roomelemis productsluxury roomspa breakwedding venuewedding guestsnorth waleslambcourse mealafternoon teahydrotherapy pooltrouser pressmain restauranthigh standard
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Really welcoming team there, great food and my favourite drink Carling is always available.
Nice quiet location, great setting and will be even better later in the year.
Tom,Adrian,Egg - top team.
Go and see for yourself.

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We had our wedding reception at Kinmel Manor in April 2014 after a church wedding (St Marys in Llanfair TH), and everyone at the hotel helped to make it the perfect day. Adrian who organises the wedding was great and helpful at all stages, very much our wedding planner, especially as we were on a package deal which included Mantones supplying the cake and decorations (who went above and beyond, we also got our flowers from her) and a really great DJ. These packages are great to relieve you of the stress of planning everything and a big help to organising a wedding long distance (we currently live in London).

Food was amazing, a delicious soup for starters, beautifully presented and flavoured roast turkey and all the trimmings, which at first glance looked like a small portion, but this was far from the truth, (in fact quite a few people didn't eat it all and me being a classy bridegroom ended up eating the leftovers from the maid of honour and brides father) and a lovely chocolate charlotte for the dessert. There was seemingly no drop in quality with serving around 70 guests.

Everyone at the hotel was great throughout the stay, even putting up without getting annoyed with my mothers contact phone calls in the build up changing room allocations, and helping to give the day a real personal touch.

The bedrooms were lovely. I experienced two rooms; a standard twin room on the day before the wedding and a deluxe suite on the wedding night. Both rooms were great, with an amazing double bath in the wedding suite. The corridor where the wedding suite was had been very recently redecorated (you could still smell the paint). Even though the new spa was being built and part of the site a building site, they made all the efforts to hide this and you couldn't tell that during the week there was building work going on.

Breakfast was yummy, toast from brought out in toast racks regularly and without asking, just a shame there were no veggie sausages (not sure if this is something they usually have or just a strange request for deepest Wales, as its something the staff had to go the kitchen and find out and did not know already) and hash browns.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Pleasant Hotel with friendly staff, although one of the receptionists was a little gormless! The buffet breakfast was very good if you wanted cereal or cooked but there was little else. Dinner was enjoyable but each course was a surprise as it was often difficult to recognise. Unfortunately there was no carpet on my landing floor but the staff did apologise and explained that they were doing some refurb.

Room Tip: I paid a single supplement and had a huge room on the 2nd floor which I can recommend.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Well I have been to this hotel several times over the years for many various reasons, works do, kid’s football awards etc.

On this joyous occasion it was for my partner’s brother wedding, I was excited as I haven't been to a wedding for a while. The venue where the ceremony was held in the hotel was nicely dressed, chairs covered red carpet laid out. After the wedding service there was the traditional photos and so forth in between photos we were going to the bar for a drink and waiting around for the room to get set up for the wedding meal. I found the bar cold and very uninviting no music to create an atmosphere, I thought it might be me so I asked if anyone else was and a few said yes. We were called in for the meal and once again the room looked nice and the tables impressive, I thought this is going to be a good meal, the soup was lovely and came with a bread role, one of the party asked for another bread roll and was told there was no more the waiter didn't even go and check! We asked again if he would check and he did then come out with a couple. The main course was next I thought well it looks very small one rounded roast potato, two small pieces of chicken on a plate and some vegetable in a bowl that no one really touched just didn't taste that good ( I hate to criticize as I love food and I am easily please but was disappointed with the offering ) The pudding was next it was sticky toffee pudding my eyes lit up it was a good size portion, we then waited for the custard that never came , when asked about it there was a look of...... are you not happy and made you feel like you should not be asking for any. By now everyone was waiting for custard some started to eat it thinking there was none to be had about 10 minutes s or more one jug of custard came out for the entire room by the time there had served the other table and got to us it must have been 20 minutes I thought there must of been a custard shortage. We then went into the other part of the hotel for a disco and dancing which were fine as was the buffet. Nothing you would write home about. The main thing about this experience is that the bride and groom were happy so that made happy. If that had been my wedding day then it would have got a fifty out of 100 the reason I say this was because the bar was very cold earlier on until later, the service from the waiters wasn’t good, the food average considering this was someone’s wedding day. Would I use that venue again? Yes it serves a purpose but definitely not for an important event.

Room Tip: Don't ask for extra food unless you want to feel like Oliver twist :-) it is what it is cheap and cheerful
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PatrickDouglas
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We went to the Kinmel Manor for my birthday meal. I was very impressed with the outstanding service and the excellent quality of food. So much so that we have now booked our wedding at the Kinmel Manor! Excellent food, excellent staff - we could not fault anything! We look forward to celebrating our marriage at the Kinmel manor next year! Thank you xx

• Stayed: April 2014