“Good Stay”

and 1 more site!
The Kinmel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Abergele
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I've stayed here a few times in the past but was pleasantly surprised at my last visit. The drive up to the hotel and the car park had been resurfaced and the rooms had been upgraded to a very high standard.
There is work ongoing to add a spa so I have no doubt this hotel will be a major feature in the local area.
The staff were very helpful and friendly and overall I had a good stay.
My only gripes was the lack of connectivity to the hotel wifi, which although the management looked into straight away I could not join the network and the lack of choice on the menu.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for The Kinmel

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed here for a friends wedding and had a great time! Service was great, staff friendly and the food was top notch. The room was brand new with lots of space. Definitely considering going back for a break again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This small country style hotel was overall very pleasant and generally I had a good stay for the 3 nights I was there.

The first night I arrived after a long inbound flight, I ate in the front restaurant and was very pleasantly surprised by the level of the food served. It was extremely well presented and was cooked to perfection as well. The dining room itself however didn't give me high hopes, but I was as I said pleasantly surprised.

The staff were very friendly and took the time to chat which was nice as well.

Breakfast was OK as well served in the same room and was quite plentiful buffet style.

I must say that the final morning I was there, only 1 person was serving breakfast which was not buffet, and although there were not many people there, service was fairly slow for a hotel which was obviously catering to travelling businessmen.

The room, I forget the number, was also clean and fairly well appointed with a queen sized bed, although I felt it was a bit 'lumpy'!

Unfortunately the view from the room wasn't good although that was entirely due to remodeling currently happening at the front where I believe they are adding a spa, so this will get better I'm sure.

It was nice to have a well appointed bathroom which was obviously quite new, although I did find there was little space beside the basin for 'stuff'. Great shower which does make a change in the UK!

Overall, it is a nice little hotel with friendly staff, and was comfortable and in walking distance of the small town. I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2014

When we arrived through the back entrance (exit?), the facility was under construction. In fact, the hall to our room had no carpet, just a new carpet pad. We also had no phone in the room, which meant no wake up call, although there was a knock on the door. We had dinner and breakfast at the hotel, and we found the food to be okay, but not great, by any means. On the positive side, our new room had a minifridge, lots of storage, a safe, and a sofa. The new bathroom looked nice but was not all that functional. For one thing, the shower was not completely enclosed, which meant that a lot of water got onto the bathroom floor. Also, the heated towel rack didn't work, and my wife thought the lavatory lacked space for her to put toiletries. She found the room to be rather warm, opened a window, and developed an allergic reaction that stayed with her the rest of the trip. Getting to our room involved traversing what can only be described as a maze or winding halls, stairs going to different levels, and so on. Finally, the staff at the hotel didn't come across as being all that friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Had our wedding at this wonderful hotel a fantastic day was enjoyed by all our 90 guests. Our thanks to Adrian for organising the whole day and all went as per plan. The food was superb, The Bedrooms stunning.
If your thinking of a venue don't hesitate to book the Kinmel Manor you wont be disappointed. Many thanks Adrian, Colin and all your staff.
Cant wait to see the new spa
I & G

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed here last weekend for my nephews wedding .Whilst the hotel was undergoing a lot of renovation and there were painters outside our room it did not spoil the experience at all . They wee careful to explain the situation and minimise as much as possible.

Our room 113 was lovely large and bran new. Our meal the night before first class and the wedding food amazing .Only sad thing the pool isn't open yet!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2014

stayed here on first and last night of shearings holiday to Ireland. hotel is in a great location, with lovely grounds. we ate in the Brasserie Restaurant and the food was very good, especially the sticky toffee pudding. They were well organised, as we had to choose our evening meal on arrival, so it could be prepared. Breakfast was buffet style and, toast and coffee topped up quickly. The rooms were of different sizes, room 116 was huge, but room 203 small. on the first night there was a big wedding reception, and the noise was still going on outside well after midnight, so beware of possible noise, and rubbish outside the front door from the smokers. There is also a lot of building work being done

Room Tip: Room 116 large twin room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abergele
Pier Hotel Rhyl
Travelodge Colwyn Bay
Travelodge Colwyn Bay
#1 of 3 in Colwyn Bay
Ruthin Castle Hotel

Been to The Kinmel? Share your experiences!