“Great hotel and staff”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Abergele
wiltshire
“Great hotel and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2010

I stayed at the Kinmel Manor for two weeks during February 2010, along with two work colleagues (.V.O.S.A. ) We all found the hotel to be excellent for our needs. The staff were very friendly and courteous. The food was excellent and the chefs went out of their way to cook meals of our choice. The rooms were clean and tidy and serviced every day.
In fact, nothing was too much trouble for the staff, the customer service was also excellent. I would have no hesitation in reccomending this hotel to somebody else, as I enjoyed my stay there and will visit again for a short break.
There are excellent swimming and fitness facilities available free.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Barnsley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2010

After staying at the kinmel manor hotel for over 2 weeks to attend the advanced driving course with North Wales police, I must say that the rooms were fantastic, and included heated flooring in the very modern and posh shower areas, an executive stylish living area with a 32” lcd television attached to the wall. What more could you want! The food was also great, plus may I add the chef ‘Andy’ would make anything we requested when ever we asked, and also Jason who was also extremely helpful. Really nice guys with a great sense of humar.All the staff were great and the service also. There patience and tolerance with two unreasonable guests also on the course was amazing to observe.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Amsterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2010

After a long travel, my wife and I arrived to this hotel exhausted however immediately cheared by the warm welcome we received from the hotel staff. We were escorted to our room by an young gentleman in good old British manner. The room we stayed in was comfortable. The surroundings of the hotel we especially attractive and allowed for a very nice quiet get-away. We really enjoyed the hikes and the friendliness of the people in the village. This is a typical traditional hotel that I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a comfortable stay at a decent rate. Service was especially excellent. We will definitely go again!!!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2010

My girlfriend and I were travelling through the UK towards the end of last summer, Wales was on our "to do list", after a great stay in Liverpool we headed towards Colwyn bay and being the adventuress types came off the A55, as we have found many hidden gems on the back roads in the UK. We wanted to find a snug B&B as we had done in Cornwall. We noticed the sign for the Hotel, which could have done with a lick of paint... but we drove up to find an idyllic hideaway hotel! we were welcomed by the receptionist who breezed through the room options, we picked a superior room. As we were settling the paper work, a youngish gentleman appeared, he offered to take the luggage and showed us to the room. Turned out he was the manager, refused my tip and made us feel very welcome.
Great spacious room, clean and had the sports on the tv! My girlfriend wanted to have a adaptor, the receptionist brought it within a few minutes. We donned our trunks and headed to the pool, had a great swim and sauna. Were were late for dinner, but the chef stayed on and we had one of our better meals of the trip! i'm a sucker for a big fire place. There was a big wedding in full swing next door, the band were actually good! we went through to the bar and the manager introduced us around, good few IPA's later we headed back to the room. The following morning the receptionist helped us out with some attractions and a great ramble up "Moelfre Isaf", cant pronounce it but we conquered it! My girlfriend and I stayed an extra night, she's now my fiancé and we talk about heading to the Kinmel Manor for our wedding! Wales watch out for the American invasion next June 2011!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Gurugobinsingh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2010

Couldn't fault this hotel at all. I was there for a friend's wedding reception and enjoyed every minute of it! Great location for holding a big event. Enjoyed the friendly staff and dining, as well as making full use of the swimming pool and spa. Great Weekend and would recommend to all.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
MIDLANDS
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2009

Overall experience was horrendous; I would never stay at the Kinmel Manor again. The whole experience was ‘hit and miss’; one night the food would be of a good standard and the next it would be dire. The rooms we were put in initially were horrible – looks like they haven’t been touched since 1970! The gym was absolutely filthy; it wasn’t properly cleaned once in the 3 weeks that I used it – there were dead moths and loads of cobwebs on the windowsills – the place made my skin crawl. The management were rude and argumentative, for example when I told them that my radiator was cold they felt it and argued it was hot; it clearly wasn’t and I was shivering as a result. I would never stay there for leisure purposes and I would refuse to stay there if work tried to use it again. I would steer clear unless you want a stressful break.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
red522147, Owner at The Kinmel, responded to this review, 28 December 2009
It is very disappointing to read that your experience wasn't what you were hoping for. As a hotel we make every attempt to appease our guests. This led to our team changing the menus to accommodate your requirements on a daily basis. The evening menu was substantially changed to meet your requirements, without hesitation to adapt to your preferred tastes.
We served breakfast on certain days up to 11.30 as it was more convenient for you to eat at this time.

Considering the points that have been raised with the aspect of the radiators not being hot enough: The response from the guest, that we found slightly alarming was that the radiators should be too hot too touch! We proceeded to check numerous other rooms in order to find one that was to the level of heat that you required.
It has also been the first time that we have been dealt with the unfortunate task of ensuring that evening drinks needed to be settled, upon this response we were informed that the drinks should have been included and therefore refusal to pay led. Very disappointing considering the nature of the business with which you were on.
Overall, we try to accommodate everyone who is staying as best we can. Unfortunately, this hasn't happened on this occasion.
north east
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2009

managed by a horribly rude young man with a argumentative attitude, raised points to which he stated each and every one was not the case and the famous words "NOBODY ELSE HAS HAD A PROBLEM WITH IT" well by the looks of these reviews i beg to differ. bad food, dirty old rooms and facilities. overall avoid or you will be dissapointed.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank magube
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abergele
Premier Inn Rhuddlan Hotel
Ruthin Castle Hotel
Waterloo Hotel
Waterloo Hotel
#2 of 7 in Betws-y-Coed

Been to The Kinmel? Share your experiences!