“Great hotel for a wedding!”
Review of The Kinmel

and 1 more site!
The Kinmel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Abergele
Reviewed 1 March 2010

I came to Kinmel Manor for a close friends wedding reception last April. I actually live in Australia and was coming back to the UK for the wedding. My experience in booking the hotel from Australia with the problems of time differences etc, was excellent, I received great communication from all reception staff via internet and telephone. Once I arrived at Kinmel Manor on the day before the wedding I was shown to my room which was a standard room. It was quite basic, but very clean and had all the amenties that you need in a standard hotel room. I did see some of the higher class rooms that some of the bridal party were staying in, these were decorated beautifully and if I was to visit Kinmel Manor again, I would pay the extra to stay in one of these rooms.

Food and drink wise, everything was excellent. We had dinner in the bar on the eve before the wedding which was good, drinks are reasonable. The food for the wedding was great too both sit down and buffet, and breakfast in the morning was great too.

All in all I had a great stay at Kinmel Manor. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2009

Reviewed 22 February 2010

I stayed at Kinmel Manor while travelling through the UK with my family en-route to Ireland. My wife and I wanted somewhere where we could check-in, have a family meal, put the kids to bed and have a few drinks at the bar before doing some sightseeing the following day before catching a ferry to Dublin from Birkenhead the following day.

This place fitted perfectly

It was easy to find (just far enough off the main road to not be effected by the traffic), there was plenty of parking, lots of space for the kids to enjoy the snow that had made driving so difficult earlier that day, and the rooms were furnished to a far higher standard than we had expected (e.g. a flat screen television that we could put a DVD on for the kids).

Dinner was great, there was no fuss made about our two youngest sharing their main meal, and the bar had a surprisingly large selection of beers and wines.

All in all - exactly what we wanted!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2010

The hotel and staff were great the food was fantastic.I was on a business trip with two colleagues from VOSA and we all said the same I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in north wales.

Reviewed 14 February 2010

I stayed at the Kinmel Manor for two weeks during February 2010, along with two work colleagues (.V.O.S.A. ) We all found the hotel to be excellent for our needs. The staff were very friendly and courteous. The food was excellent and the chefs went out of their way to cook meals of our choice. The rooms were clean and tidy and serviced every day.
In fact, nothing was too much trouble for the staff, the customer service was also excellent. I would have no hesitation in reccomending this hotel to somebody else, as I enjoyed my stay there and will visit again for a short break.
There are excellent swimming and fitness facilities available free.

Reviewed 14 February 2010

After staying at the kinmel manor hotel for over 2 weeks to attend the advanced driving course with North Wales police, I must say that the rooms were fantastic, and included heated flooring in the very modern and posh shower areas, an executive stylish living area with a 32” lcd television attached to the wall. What more could you want! The food was also great, plus may I add the chef ‘Andy’ would make anything we requested when ever we asked, and also Jason who was also extremely helpful. Really nice guys with a great sense of humar.All the staff were great and the service also. There patience and tolerance with two unreasonable guests also on the course was amazing to observe.

Reviewed 12 February 2010

After a long travel, my wife and I arrived to this hotel exhausted however immediately cheared by the warm welcome we received from the hotel staff. We were escorted to our room by an young gentleman in good old British manner. The room we stayed in was comfortable. The surroundings of the hotel we especially attractive and allowed for a very nice quiet get-away. We really enjoyed the hikes and the friendliness of the people in the village. This is a typical traditional hotel that I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a comfortable stay at a decent rate. Service was especially excellent. We will definitely go again!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2010

My girlfriend and I were travelling through the UK towards the end of last summer, Wales was on our "to do list", after a great stay in Liverpool we headed towards Colwyn bay and being the adventuress types came off the A55, as we have found many hidden gems on the back roads in the UK. We wanted to find a snug B&B as we had done in Cornwall. We noticed the sign for the Hotel, which could have done with a lick of paint... but we drove up to find an idyllic hideaway hotel! we were welcomed by the receptionist who breezed through the room options, we picked a superior room. As we were settling the paper work, a youngish gentleman appeared, he offered to take the luggage and showed us to the room. Turned out he was the manager, refused my tip and made us feel very welcome.
Great spacious room, clean and had the sports on the tv! My girlfriend wanted to have a adaptor, the receptionist brought it within a few minutes. We donned our trunks and headed to the pool, had a great swim and sauna. Were were late for dinner, but the chef stayed on and we had one of our better meals of the trip! i'm a sucker for a big fire place. There was a big wedding in full swing next door, the band were actually good! we went through to the bar and the manager introduced us around, good few IPA's later we headed back to the room. The following morning the receptionist helped us out with some attractions and a great ramble up "Moelfre Isaf", cant pronounce it but we conquered it! My girlfriend and I stayed an extra night, she's now my fiancé and we talk about heading to the Kinmel Manor for our wedding! Wales watch out for the American invasion next June 2011!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abergele
Pier Hotel Rhyl
#1 of 2 in Colwyn Bay
Bodysgallen Hall & Spa
Bodysgallen Hall & Spa
#14 of 60 in Llandudno

Been to The Kinmel? Share your experiences!