Well, where do I start… We arrived early (around 12), just as the pub opened. And it was getting busy (a very good sign of the quality of the food and the understanding that this is a destination experience). Although they were busy and clearly preparing for the fully booked lunchtime slot, we were greeted to such warm welcome and the response that of course the room was ready and that we were more than welcome to get settled in.
We booked Driftwood. Unlike some travellers I do not believe that the star rating or price should be directly linked to the inches of the television, and had not travelled this distance to watch it – therefore the one provided was more than adequate. The fixtures and fittings were of an excellent quality. The bathroom was stunning, and again, unlike some travellers I was able to use the hot tap to produce hot water in abundance (bath and shower). After talking to one of the very friendly and helpful staff we got to look around all of the rooms – they are all of equal standard, however I believe Driftwood was the largest and had the most impressive bathroom (not to run the others down of course).
After returning form a short excursion to Conway (15min away) we sat down to a faultless meal with helpful, engaging, knowledgeable staff, that provided an attentive personal service regardless of the restaurant being fully booked.
Breakfast in the morning is of a continental style in the room with lots of quality choices for you – well thought-out in my mind.
I have and will continue to recommend The Kinmel Arms and I will be returning again soon.
PS read the A-Z in the room – its quite entertaining.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kinmel Arms North Wales offers luxury rooms and exquisite gourmet food set within the stunning scenery that is St.George, Abergele. Ideally situated along the main rambling routes of North Wales, The Kinmel Arms is located just off the A55, 15 mins from Llandudno and 25 mins from Chester. With gourmet food of the very highest quality and four luxurious bedrooms that really must be seen to be believed the Kinmel Arms is a real jewel in the North Wales coastline, perfect for romantic getaways, weekend breaks and businessmen working in the area. The AA and Visit Wales have once again awarded us with a "5 Star Accommodation" rating, while Hardens UK Restaurants in association with Remy Martin fine Champagne Cognac said of the Kinmel Arms" one of the best places to eat in North Wales." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Book Direct Rooms, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Kinmel Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kinmel Arms Hotel Abergele
- The Kinmel Arms Abergele, Wales - North Wales