“Awesome”
Review of The Kinmel Arms

The Kinmel Arms
Ranked #1 of 8 Abergele B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Fantastic owners, friendly staff, location is great, food was exceptional. Thoroughly deserving of all the awards and accolades it has received. As part of our honeymoon it was the perfect place to spend a couple of days unwinding after all the big day. The tranquil location was perfection, with the only noise coming from the local animals and visitors to the inn during opening time.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Arriving late we were pleasantly greeted by the owner. Check in was simple, we were given a key and guided to our room which was splendid in every detail. The quality of the fittings and bed linen stood out. We were immediately asked if we would like any refreshments and being a warm day I accepted a cold Lager that went down a treat. We were booked in for an evening meal and we were not disappointed, it was excellent, with a selection on the menu so hard to choose from because I fancied everything.
Following a great nights sleep, we were not hurried out of our room in the morning by housekeeping which made our stay even more relaxing.
I will be returning here sooner rather than later and look forward to it.

Room Tip: I should think all rooms are perfect.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2013

My Girlfriend brought me here as a surprise for my birthday. Fantastic food and service. I had the Mussles in Thai green curry sauce, they were really tasty. I've lived in Thailand myself, and they tasted authentic too. Then I had Calfs liver, which was really good and tender. Desert I had the mix of chocolate cakes and caramels.... FANTASTIC :) Will return. ASAP

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Kinmel22, Owner at The Kinmel Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Great news to hear you will be returning. We will look forward to looking after you both again. Happy Birthday.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

We arrived late due to traffic, but the owners had phoned in advance to ensure someone was waiting for us which i thought was thoughtful as it would have been in their 'down time'. They had also kindly upgraded our room to 'pebble' which was slightly larger and had an awesome deep free standing bath which helped me unwind even with the 'slate pebble plug' which was a talking point :-) (i never travel without bubble bath or toiletries, therefore i think the other persons comments are slightly uncalled for). The room had all the amenities you would require for an enjoyable stay (with smoking outside). We had booked our evening meal for 7.30pm but didn't sit down to eat until 8.45, but it enabled us to enjoy the wine and beer, but maybe a tip would be book earlier. I'm not a big fan of conservatory decor and maybe would have preferred to eat at the other tables outside of this one area (however, i could have asked which i didn't). We enjoyed our food, especially the calf liver and they had lots of specials, the fish looked more wale size from my observations. The food goes on your overall bill which was handy too. I loved the fact that the breakfast pixies enter your room and leave all you would desire for breakfast overnight. Excellent choice and the ham and cheeses were sublime. A much more healthier choice to nibble on which is my perfect way to start the day and you don't have to negotiate polite conversation which most room service requires which was wonderful. Would recommend Kinmel Arms, the owners and pets were friendly and keen to find out your plans, which for us was going to Zip World, which was AWESOME....!

1  Thank Nippyems
Kinmel22, Owner at The Kinmel Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Thank you for your lovely message.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

Very deserving of its 5 stars! We stayed here as we were picking up our new puppy in Rhyl and decided to stay local the night before as a treat. We were welcomed by Tim, who showed us to (and around) our very spacious room (Pebbles). the decor is beautiful and to a very high standard.

The suite had a sofa and dining table and chairs, large bathroom with gorgeous bath and walk in shower. Robes and slippers were an unexpected bonus.

The little hidden kitchenette was fantastic and included kettle, toaster, coffee maker and fridge, stocked with fresh milk and bottled water.

we dined in the restaurant in the evening - beautiful meals, large wine selection, excellent staff, we couldnt have asked for more.

The pub / bar is cosy, welcoming and friendly and again staff were fantastic.

Overall I would say this is the nicest B&B (though b&b doesnt seem to do it justce at all) I have ever stayed in - an absolute hidden gem that I cant wait to return to.

The owners have done a brilliant job and their attention to detail has created a haven for visitors.

1  Thank CheshireJo123
Kinmel22, Owner at The Kinmel Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

We are so happy that your lovely treat was what you expected and more. enjoy your new found friend (puppy) and look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

Most aspects of our stay were good - the village location is lovely; the staff exceptionally friendly and generally very good at sorting out problems and the food excellent but there were a few too many letdowns to be able to score the Kinmel Arms highly. There wasn't enough hot water for a bath and we had to supplement it by boiling a kettle several times. The shower gel was fixed to the wall across the other side of the bathroom so we had to dispense it into a glass in order to use it in the bath. There wasn't enough milk for our breakfast after we had made cups of tea the night before (breakfast is taken in-room and provisions are left in your fridge). We had booked a table for 8pm but were a little late after the bath/kettle palaver and, as we wanted to have a drink in the bar, told staff that we were happy to be flexible, not expecting that that meant that we wouldn't sit down to dinner until past 9.30pm. One of the glasses of wine that arrived ordered was the wrong one. The wrong main course was brought out for my partner. These are all minor niggles (apart from having to wait so long for a table) but all added up to a slightly disappointing experience.

1  Thank HLC2011
Kinmel22, Owner at The Kinmel Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Thank you for your points which we have taken on board to improve our service. we are always disappointed when a 100% service is not provided.

Reviewed 2 February 2013

I booked at short notice due to a business trip in the local area.
Lynn the host was very welcoming and friendly as were the other staff I met whilst there for one night.
The pebble room I had was spacious and luxurious , with every amenity you could wish for.
There are four rooms in total .. So book early to avoid disappointment !
There are lots of Tims ( Lynn's husband ) artworks and photographs on display, which are really excellent and worth studying for the words and wisdom therein.
The restaurant and bar areas are warm and cosy , candle lit in the evening.
There is a large conservatory addition for part of the restaurant , usually these are cold places , but this was really warm and inviting.
The selection of beers and wines is first class.
Whilst there is not a vast choice on the dining menu , there is something for everyone and all the meals use locally sourced produce if possible.
The Welsh shin of beef I had was delicious.
The continental style breakfast is served in your room and it magically appears in your fridge whilst you are at dinner.
Lovely melon , orange , bread , ham , cheeses , yogurt , cereals etc .. With fresh coffee or tea ..more than enough.

Now my Wife has found out about my stay here , she wants to come next time too !
Hopefully we will return in the springtime for a night or maybe two.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank skilegend
Kinmel22, Owner at The Kinmel Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

We are delighted that you had a great stay with us and look forward to welcoming both you and your wife next.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Abergele
The Kinmel
#3 of 8 in Abergele
The Bee Hotel
The Bee Hotel
#7 of 8 in Abergele

Been to The Kinmel Arms? Share your experiences!