Boutique Hotel Villa Sostaga
Bogliaco Hotel(Gargnano)
  • Pool
Hotel Livia(Gargnano)
View Hotel
Hotel Gardenia al Lago(Gargnano)
Hotel du Lac(Gargnano)
Hotel Palazzina(Gargnano)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslake gardamain buildingwinding roadthe nicest hotelsout of this worldcountry houseminutes by caramazing viewsjunior suitetakes about minutesthoroughly enjoyed our stayamazing hotelsmall hotelwonderful locationsostagagabrielemountains
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I do think there is much better on Garda lake than this place. I paid 235euros for a small room, very poorly decorated, with a worn out bedspread, with no balcony, or terrace, located in the annex.
The bathroom vas small too, with very simple tiles.
In the room not a single drawer, the beauty products were poor too, and so small you could not take 2 showers.
The swimming pool is small, and in the afternoon the surface of the water was greasy, and the water too cold to swim.
The parking was in full sunshine.
The breakfast was very poor too.
The salted selection was made by an industrial cheese (we are in Italy, for the price this is a shame) and four slices of salami. You could order eggs at your choice.
You are not in Gargnano, but more than 7km from the lake, up on the hill. Far from the lake.
The view is nice, but to do some shopping, or simply go for an ice-cream, or a glass of wine and a walk, you need to drive down the hill for 15 minutes.
Places like this on Garda lake cost half of the price we paid for.
The structure is not on the Michelin guide. And I usually agree with them.
Not recommended.

Room Tip: probably the rooms in the main villa are better than mine. But I would simply head for another place.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
11  Thank bracbull
Villa S, Proprietario at Boutique Hotel Villa Sostaga, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Guest

I read your review and I cannot believe what you have written. Certainly you have visited our website before making your reservation. It is clearly written that our hotel is located 7 km far from Gargnano on a hill overlooking the lake. It is also stated that the pool is not heated and that the car park is open air. On our web site there is a short description of each room with its square meters. We also have pictures portraying each individual room. I invite everyone to visit our web site and visit the room you have occupied which is the nr. 402 deluxe room with lake view in the annex house.
Regarding the photo of the bathroom that you have published I have to say that, since you are a professional photographer and a critic of 'art, you have perfectly succeeded in taking a bad picture of the bathroom. As for the shower I remind you that the shower that you have photographed has a depth of 2 meters and a half and a width of two meters.
Therefore your comment on the shower being too small is absolutely false.

As for breakfast we are proud to cater for all tastes both sweet as well as salty.
We have 30 different one-portion products, fresh mozzarellas and tomatoes. Every day we prepare fresh muesli and cakes. We have a special breakfast menu for eggs, bacon, sausages and pancakes. Our guests can order from the breakfast menu freshly prepared food completely free of charge.

Regarding your comment of the pool, the water is monitored every day , 3 times per day.
We can assure you that all is more than in order.

I could continue to answer all your comments but I think this review was done on purpose to damage our image or perhaps to encourage a friend who may have a similar hotel nearby.

I find your comments about our hotel really unreasonable and I think it is rude even in respect of our guests who have written the 310 reviews on trip advisor, having no less than 98% approval rating from our customers and that from 2010 to the present.

So I want to apologize on your behalf to all my guests and I hope that in the future when you judge the work of other people your comments will be more respectful and truthful.

With best regards

Gabriele Seresina

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Villa Sostaga is truly unique. It is set apart from anything else down a beautiful, long driveway, 8km up a windy road above Lake Garda. The house, terrace and swimming pool overlook the lake and the view is really spectacular. It is set on acres of it's own land so walks are beautiful and peaceful too. The hotel staff are wonderful and cannot do enough. They are friendly and relaxed while truly professional. The owner is very present - always there to welcome you to dinner or check everything is just perfect for you. He even gave us a bottle of prosecco when we left to wish us well (I'm 6 months pregnant.) I left my wallet in the room safe and the staff went out of their way to get it back to me quickly and safely.

We had wonderful days exploring the nearby towns on the lakes so a car really is a must. We often had dinner down on the lake in a nearby town and then I would drive us back up to the hotel afterwards. I believe you could get a taxi easily if neither of you wants to drive though. The hotel restaurant was beautiful so you could eat there each night, but it's pricey and we wanted variety. We ate there twice and they were probably our best meals in terms of quality of food. There is a village 10-15 minutes walk away with a very casual pizzeria. We loved it for it's tasty food and super casual atmosphere. However, the setting isn't the best.

I would highly recommend Villa Sostaga for anyone looking for an escape. The sounds, the views, the staff, the pool, the rooms all give you a sense of calm....oh and I highly recommend the massages!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Villa S, Proprietario at Boutique Hotel Villa Sostaga, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your beautiful review about our hotel and restaurant on Tripadvisor. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the unspoiled nature as well as the food in our restaurant and the ayurvedic massages.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon to Villa Sostaga
Gabriele and Gabriella Seresina and the staff of Villa Sostaga

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed in June and the surroundings could not have been more beautiful. The main house, where we stayed in a junior suite, room 103, was about as well furnished as it is possible to be. The view from the large balcony over the lake was an ever changing marvel. Being high up the mountain slopes there was little noise from the village below, just the singing of the birds.
Each meal was taken in a different place as long as the weather cooperated, breakfast on one of the terraces, lunch in or outside and dinner on the patio or in the glassed terrace. The menu was a delight with a good choice of meals to tempt most palates.
The staff were, without exception, determined to make the stay memorable and the patron himself was tirelessly helpful in recovering a lost bag situation caused by the airline (BA).
We would certainly come back if the opportunity permits and continue to explore the beautiful area that is Lake Garda.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Villa S, Proprietario at Boutique Hotel Villa Sostaga, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear guest
Thank you for your very good review and the many kind words about our Boutique Hotel and restaurant. We are totally delighted that you had such a great experience and found our staff to be friendly, efficient and helpful. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Gabriele & Gabriella Seresina and the staff of Villa Sostaga

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I do not want to command it excellent again because I afraid too many visitors to go there and we need to book much more earlier!
However, they are really one of the best ! This was our second time to stay there, it probably will have third time!
We are like going to visit our friends and stay in their home, they are so friendly, even Romeo-- the dog!
Wonderful lake view and because they are on the mountain, so it was very quiet!
Nice and clean room, friendly , warm service, all the staffs there are very nice.
The breakfast was excellent, especially their bakery!
Even the dinner was very good!
Only one problem is -- if you drive there, I don't know why all the GPS is not showing the correct way !After one year, we forgot the way to drive there, so we follow our new GPS, but it failed again! We finally asked the police!
We already miss this hotel!
Please keep your good service and do not change because of more customers!
And my black little bag, please keep for me , we may come again next year to pick it!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Villa S, Proprietario at Boutique Hotel Villa Sostaga, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for this beautiful comment. It is our desire to give our guests - our friends - a „home away from home“. It makes us happy to hear you had a great time with us! We hope to see you again and wish you all the best!

With best regards Gabriele, Gabriella Seresina, Romeo and All The Staff of Villa Sostaga

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I went there beginning of May with my girlfriend, and I have to tell we found a place we miss every time we are stressed !!
Very Clean, refined hospitality and Garda lake view impossible to forget.
The hotel is on a mountain top in front of lake, and in my advide that corner of lake seen from there it's a breathe taking view.
Thanks gos this place exist !

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful and particular.Should try all ....
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Villa S, Proprietario at Boutique Hotel Villa Sostaga, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Guests
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at Villa Sostaga and we look forward to seeing you here again soon for a relaxing holiday in lake Garda.
Gabriele & Gabriella Seresina and the staff of Villa Sostaga