“A seaside dream”
other travellers have booked this property
Cottage on Outside Hill Living Room with water view
Sunset view
Hammock/Picnic overlooking bay
Cottage Green Room
Cottage Shore Bedroom-
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Milton ONT
“A seaside dream”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

My teen daughters and I stayed at this seaside dream with our dog for 6-1/2 days. It is a true gem literally at the top of a small hill and at the end of the road, where the road meets the sea! I would highly recommend any traveller who enjoys peace and quiet, absolutely breathtaking views and all the comforts of home. The cottage appears exactly as described - the pictures of the interior and exterior are exactly what you get. It is well-equipped with everything you could possibly need, from appliances, linens, dishes, cutlery, bug spray, flashlights, firewood, outdoor chairs, the list is endless! It is decorated in such a cozy way that we didn't want to leave. Each room was clean and organized with its own flavour and personality. Upon entering, we thought we had "lucked out" and couldn't believe we were actually staying there! We each found our 'special" place inside the cottage and couldn't wait to wake up each day for a new adventure. The cottage also comes with Wi-Fi and Satellite TV which is truly a bonus, especially when travelling with teenagers. The views are absolutely breathtaking - I spent hours just sitting outdoors, enjoying a cup of tea, reading or watching and listening to the waves as the tides came in and out each day. Even the campfires and night sky were better in New Brunswick!! I loved exploring all the paths down to the rocks, throughout the property and down the country lane. We also enjoyed collecting rocks and shells along the beach and out to Crowe Island for more spectacular views of the bay. We were close enough to many little towns, like St. George (near a covered bridge) and Saint Andrews where we spent a memorable afternoon whale watching! Saint John is only 20 minutes away and offers so many experiences and shopping. We even visited friends in Fredericton which is a 90 minute drive. I cannot say enough about the warm hospitality of the owners, Marilyn and Alice as well as one of their neighbours we were fortunate to meet! They all offered tourist tips and places to visit and shop. Our only regret is that we couldn't stay any longer. I miss it already.

Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
154957Bar...
Fredericton, Canada
“Calming effects of tides on bay of fundy”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Great place to relax and view the tides of bay of Fundy from a lovely comfortable cottage.feel your blood pressure go Down.Relax by walking on the beaches, nearby trails , catch up on your reading.i love to kayak and this is a place to do it. Treat the tides with a great deal of respect. Located in a working fishing village on a quiet peninsula. Would highly recommend .

Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 50-64
Cindy P
Saco, Maine
“Great place--would stay again!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

I truly enjoyed my stay at this lovely cottage, from the time I arrived until I departed. One of the owners greeted me to be sure that I knew where everything was in the cottage. The views are beautiful, and especially the sunsets! I loved going over to Crow Island for some quiet time--it was like having my own private island, and loved hearing the tides going in and out. It was a relaxing and fun vacation for me, and I would stay again!

Travelling group: Solo
Tina D
Sherbrooke, Canada
“It's a gateway place.. The location is just like in the movies!!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

We were a family from 6 to 70 years old! And we ALL loved it.

Grandma loved the view. Munchkins adored the trails and trowing rocks, island, climbing! Walking on the buttom of the sea was impressive.

We loved the LOBSTER SHOP and driving on the cost to small harbours. Pictures are stunning.

Alice is awesome. Go and don't "spend" your money on arcades and gifts. Give your family "the gitf". SPEND quality time together!

Enjoy. Tina and Family

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Chris S
New Brunswick, Canada
“Let the sound of the waves rock you to sleep.”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Have stayed at this cottage for extended periods on work related travel, have enjoyed four seasons here. The cottage is cozy, sits on a cliff overlooking the bay and inlet Everyone who came to visit loved it . Beach glass, drift wood, you never know what treasures you will find walking the beach.Full complement of living, nice kitchen, washer dryer, wood stove, internet...living on the coast but staying in tune with the outside world. Oh yes there is a TV but you will forget to turn it on!
Privacy is perfect as it is at the end of the road and sits atop of a curved drive.
Just when you think summer is nice there, winter has its own beauty with moderate temperature . A truely nice place to put your feet up or hit the trails and beaches any time of the year

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Full moon cast across the water
Travelling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
frhotdog1...
Lafayette, Indiana
“Great views and good beach combing.”
Reviewed 18 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

A friend and I stayed in this cottage for five days and even though the weather wasn't the greatest, we had a good time. The views are awesome and the tides are different than any we've seen. I really enjoyed going down to the beach, finding shells and sea glass. Saint John is not too far away and we enjoyed shopping and sightseeing there. The cottage itself was clean and comfortable. I only wish the weather had been better so we could have explored the area more.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view and beachcombing
Liked least: the Tv
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Ontario
Reviewed 13 July 2013 for a stay in August 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing