Secret Garden Chiang Mai
Harmonize Hotel(Chiang Mai)
Thipsiri Lord(Chiang Mai)
  • Room Service
1,487 results
All reviewsother guestsat homean oasisthe hustle and bustlebeautiful placea wonderful staythai foodold citybreakfast and dinnerevery eveninglocal villagerice fieldsfree of chargetucked awaysecret gardenend of the dayhidden gem
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

I cannot stress enough how wonderful the Secret Garden is. I wish TA did 10/10!
The people are lovely and go out of their way to help you. Although out of the city it is easy to get in on the bus and we took cabs back (around 250-300 bh / £5) very easily at all times.
Breakfast is amazing and Pai outdid herself each night with her tasty dinners.
We also took a cooking class (800 bh) with zabbelee cooking
Simply the best cooking school around and cheaper than some of the others. Would highly recommend this course. We learnt how to make spring rolls, phad Thai, chicken with cashew nuts, curry paste, soup, masaman curry and lots of other options.

This and any other trips Peter and Pai will help you to book as well as giving advice such as going early (4pm) to the evening walking street market on a Sunday. A great tip!
Thanks for a wonderful stay x

• Stayed: December 2013
secretpit, Owner at Secret Garden Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Hi Polly ,
Thanks for bringing some sunshine in an otherwise very cool morning like today ! It's such a good feeling to start a new day with a good review . Just 10 days 'til Christmas , and I must admit , I'm not yet in the spirit for it . Isabel made some Christmas cookies yesterday , very yummy . We even have a Christmas tree ( a plastic one , what a shame ) , but it looks nice .The next two weeks will be very busy , like every year , hopefully we can live up to what our guests expect .
We are glad you enjoyed our stay with us , Happy Christmas and health and happiness for the New Year

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights in November and can thoroughly recommend this guest house, the friendliness, food, service and of course the room was all great! Lovely to be given a mobile to call and arrange pick ups and to have a lovey selection of homemade dishes for dinner every night. We stayed with our 2 children aged 3 and 1 and was no problem (only the mozzies) thank you Peter and Pei

Room Tip: All seemed good just check mozzie nets on windows as some catches were loose on ours and mozzies got in.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
secretpit, Owner at Secret Garden Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

I tried to find out which house you stayed in , but we had a few guests with kids who stayed 5 nights ....there definitely should be no mozzies in the house . I will have to check all the mosquito screens on the windows ( or drop me a few lines by email , that would be very helpful !!)
I'm glad that , apart from the mozzies , you enjoyed your stay with us . Probably because of the reviews we are getting more and more families with kids and , as most Thais , our staff love kids
Isabel is very good with them too .
We wish you all the best for Christmas and New Year , health and happiness

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Warning: If you stay here and write a review, grab a thesaurus. You will quickly run out of the flowery descriptions you need to describe the place.

Secret Garden is an idyllic little patch of paradise hidden in the outskirts of Chiang Mai. The atmosphere is wonderful, the staff is incredibly friendly, and the food is amazing. The bungalows are clean and comfortable. Even if the place is completely booked, it's not noisy. They really go out of their way to make your stay as amazing as possible. I can't even bring myself to call it a 'hotel', as the title doesn't give the place justice. We actually rescheduled the second half of our vacation to give ourselves more time here.

The best part is also the worst part: The distance. The place is a little ways outside of Chiang Mai, and getting to and from the city takes a little bit of getting used to. But if it were any closer to the city, the things that make Secret Garden special might not be possible. If you would rather forego some amenities for immediate access to the city, then you should probably look elsewhere. But for us, the tradeoff was unquestionably worth it.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

I tried to find out who you are , but finally I gave up , sorry about that ....so it's just "Dear Loudmute"
Anyway , even without a Thesaurus you wrote a very nice review , thanks a lot , we really appreciate it . You're right , distance can be a problem , but , as you mentioned , we couldn't have built the Secret Garden as it is now , if the property would be nearer to downtown . When we were still into handicrafts , the location was perfect , and , as you know , we never ever thought that we would become kind of a hotel some day . We are very lucky that most of our guests look for a place like this , and tripadvisor is a great source to find these people . Because most of our guests are out during the daytime , our Secret Garden is still a very quiet place between breakfast and dinner .
I still can't believe that in less than two weeks it will be Christmas.... Christmas in the tropics is kind of strange , I never get used to it .
Thanks again for coming to our place

Reviewed 3 December 2013

It's december 2013 and we are here with our two kids, 4 and 6 years old. In Secret Garden there are new things for them to discover all day long and at the same time it's soft and nice here and we parents can calm down if we want. The 2 room bungalow is lovely with two 150 cm beds, nice little kitchen and the staff are very nice. At 8-10 there is a nice breakfast included and at 7.30 pm there is wonderful dinner at a reasonable price! I would recommend every person who wants an inspiring place and need to gather new energy to make a "pilgrimage" here to this oasis among trees and the sounds of birds and flowing water. If it would had been closer to the national park I would have given this place 6 of 5 possible points.

Room Tip: We stayed at "Kingsfisher" bungalow.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Kristin ,
By now you are probably back in Sweden , and as I can see on the weather charts it's quite cold over there at this time of the year . Here winter started too , which means I sometimes put on a long-sleeved shirt in the morning , but we all enjoy this kind of weather . We are very happy you and the kids enjoyed your stay with us . If I just could move the National Park nearer to our place !!! We have quite a few families with kids here at the moment , and it's nice to see how they communicate in spite of speaking different languages . And Roger the Rabbit is always surrounded by the little ones .
We wish you and your family a quiet Christmas and all the best for the New Year , thank you ever so much for remembering us

Reviewed 2 December 2013

It started with some hiccup with the taxi not being able to locate the hotel & the driver telling us how difficult it'll be to access to all the places we wanna go. But once we settled in, I knew this is the only place I wanna reside in. Megan loves Roger the rabbit & can't wait to get back to play with it everyday. It was easy to get around in the mini bus (very cheap) from the drop off point where the hotel driver drop us off everyday. Megan would have stayed in the hotel the whole day with the swings, soccer table, Roger, Chalie the dog… Pai was very kind to offer to cook non spicy dishes to cater to Megan palate even thought she was so busy. She even let her had a hands on cooking session while she was preparing dinner. All these would not be possible even if I've chosen a 5 star hotel. Am really surprise that with so little manpower, they could still deliver service that are comparable to that of 5 stars. Bravo!

• Stayed: November 2013
secretpit, Owner at Secret Garden Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Hi Megan ,
This is Roger the Roger the rabbit....I miss you , why did't you stay longer ? By the way , Charlie and Lola give their regards too , but for them it's much easier to make friends , because they can run around and I have to stay in the cage . I would like to be outside too , but then the dogs "play" with me , and I might get a heart attack . Pai will send you the recipes , you watched how she prepared dinner , so maybe you can prepare a nice Thai dinner for your dad .
I hope you will come back some time , until then have a good time , regards from Pai , Peter and Isabel ,
Roger Rabbit